SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#357887 - 12/29/12 06:06 AM STUPID...........
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
....DEAL OF THE DAY. For the one or two of you that may not know this, Musicians Friend offers a daily 'Stupid Deal of The Day' featuring hughly discounted prices on certain gear. If it happens to be something that you need anyway, this is a great opportunity to get it at the lowest possible price.

DonM first turned me on to this and consequently turned me into an addict (thanks, Don). His first 'alert' got me a EV PL84 Condenser Mic (even though I'm not a singer) at an insanely low price. Turned out to be a really good-sounding mic. I recently picked up a one-channel Alesis tube pre-amp for under $50 (also on SDOTD) and together they sound like a $1200 tube mic (honestly). Other things I've purchased on SDOTD include (but not limited to) the following:

1. ROGUE Stereo Chorus SC120R guitar amp for under $150.00 (120w and 2x12"). More than adequate for rehearsals.

2. 2 EV SXA250 powered speakers for 399.00 ea. Sells all over the net for $1050.00 and sound teriffic. Makes Thumps sound like transistor radios.

3. ALTO APX1000 power amp for $99.00. Sells all over the net for $299.00 and higher.

4. Some other stuff that I can't recall top of my head but with similar price savings.

I'm not suggesting that you become an addict like me and buy a lot of stuff you could really do without, BUT......it would probably pay to keep an eye on this site for some sometimes spectacular bargains. BTW, all of the above was brand new, not 'restock'.

As for me, I've got to stop listening to DonM and Fran before I go broke.

chas

#357888 - 12/29/12 06:40 AM Re: STUPID........... [Re: cgiles]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, I've fell for a few. In fact, I should receive today a... Aphex Punch Factory Optical Compressor Effects Pedal (for guitar).

Hmmm... UPS shows it as delivered yesterday to my front door. Nope, not there.

And Don has tipped me off to a few items and I have usually bought them. Keep it up, Don!

#357892 - 12/29/12 08:09 AM Re: STUPID........... [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You're welcome!
But, whatever you do, don't go to Woot.com! Same kind of thing, just generalized instead of music stuff.
STOD has a really neat laser light today btw!
DonM
By the way, I bought two of those mics. Somebody stole one of them, but they work great with the Korg PA3X, which has phantom power.

Edited by DonM (12/29/12 08:34 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online