SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#357447 - 12/23/12 01:46 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Also check the LD Maui 28's Diki wink I think they are flying under the radar at the moment. But a stereo pair will only set you back about 2+k!!

http://voicecouncil.com/review-the-maui-28-pa-system/

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb12/articles/maui.htm

#357448 - 12/23/12 01:53 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Diki ... on two occasions I have seen a DJ using 2 Bose systems and absolutely rocking a large crowded room ...
just sayin...

Tony I have seen Dj's use them also but not Compacts...
usually Two L1's and 4 or 6 subs....

Edited by Dnj (12/23/12 01:54 PM)

#357453 - 12/23/12 03:39 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... definitely NOT compacts ... these were L1's with 1 sub each ...

#357455 - 12/23/12 03:57 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The big Bose's, tho... and a double system? Big bucks!

Wow! None round here.

#357456 - 12/23/12 04:04 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I actually had two L1s and two subs. They sounded fantastic, but it was way overkill for what I need.
After I got two Bose Compacts they sat in the garage for about a year, then I sold them. I just don't play real big jobs anymore.
Use whatever you think is necessary. Everything made these days is probably way better than what we used for years.
I'm happy with my system, until something I like better comes along.
DonM

#357458 - 12/23/12 04:09 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just making an observation here....Everyone is saying the same thing..There are limitations to every sound system...When you never exceed the max level for your venues...then you think there is no problem or limit...and this is ideal for you as a performer..

But we have to be careful to choose the system that will maximize the fulless level we are going to maintain..

Just as folks have pointed out correctly that a BA330 will not handle large or high volumes gigs...the same goes for all systems at some point..

Yes the Bose will work fine until you need to cover a "dance" floor...and before you argue otherweise..understand what a "dance" floor is.. smile

We have high end Yorkville system..that without a sub woofer will not cover a "dance " floor..We have Podium 12" system that out performs the yorkvilles..and it will fall short to a high level dance crowd..

I am quite sure the new German system we have been discussing will not handle a real dance floor also..

QSC K series won't max out a dance floor either..without a sub woofer system.....

Reason...you need the bottom...you have to feel the bass, and the same story...you have to move air...

This brings me to the conclusion...I believe 15" will always reign over smaller systems...in fact with all the systems I have available...my first choice would be my Cube 15's...I may have to use 4 units but I know they would do the job ..at Dance floor gigs..

If the younger crowd don't feel the thump in the chest...your sound system isn't working....If you don't know what I am talking about...don't worry...you aren't playing dance music anyway.. grin

#357462 - 12/23/12 04:16 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
This is an Arranger Keyboard forum. The vast majority of us play one-man jobs at smaller venues, if we play out at all.
Those of us that do are mostly grizzled veterans who pretty much know what it takes to do our jobs.
The few people who are knocking our little pas, or either non-arranger players, or players who use arrangers as synths or as midi/mp3 players, in bands. They also know what they need.
Doesn't mean we need to trash each others' choices.
I don't want to hire a roadie, and don't want to lug around hundreds of pounds worth of PA gear, so I don't put myself in situations where that is necessary.
Go in peace and carry what you want to, or need to. Doesn't bother me a little bit!
Merry Christmas!
DonM

#357463 - 12/23/12 04:19 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Nailed that one, Don.

#357465 - 12/23/12 04:23 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don, my very first sentence confirmed what you said...I just went further to illustrate there are venues that will exceed the intended use of our systems of choice..

#357466 - 12/23/12 04:26 PM Re: Something NEW is on the truck coming here today? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I hardly think that pointing out the limitations of a system is 'trashing' it. I simply feel that some of the more glowing positive reviews refuse to acknowledge that there ARE limitations, and that blanket recommendations are often given, with no thought as to ultimate use.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online