SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#356742 - 12/17/12 02:11 AM Connecting an Extra Amp to the BA-330
Torch Offline

Hi everyone.

I registered just now. I do have some arranger keyboards and Live-Styler, but I play mainly midi accordions at nursing homes and church.

Currently I have a Roland BA330 and I love to read Fran's posts on the BA330 naturally. LOL Seriously, I think he and other members helped me save money as I was looking into buying a Bose Compact. After reading many posts (I thought everybody was very level-headed and open-minded), I decided that with my BA330 I don't need the Compact.

Now I have a question. I have an Acoustic Image Corus. What would be the best way to connect it to the BA330 for bigger venues?
I placed the the BA330 on a stand and the AI Corus right underneath. Both amps have lots of ins and outs and it's kind of confusing. Should I run my accordion in stereo with the treble fed to the BA330 and bass to the AI Corus? I tried it, but it didn't sound right. In mono, both units sounded good. Oh, by the way, my accordion (Roland) doesn't have totally separate left and right. They bleed into each other a little bit.

I'd appreciate any tips. I am trying to get the most of what I have.

Thanks,
Chris G

#356752 - 12/17/12 07:16 AM Re: Connecting an Extra Amp to the BA-330 [Re: Torch]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Just plug everything into the BA330 and use one of its line outs to the A1. The Ba330 will still give you somewhat of a stereo effect but the line out to the other amp would be mono.
That was my reason for returning the BA330, not enough power and if you have to start adding extra amps I felt that just a normal stereo PA would be better. Use one or both speakers as the venue dictates. If the Roland had some decent power I was ready to buy two since I liked the mixer section so much.
Good luck

Bill in NJ

#356794 - 12/17/12 04:23 PM Re: Connecting an Extra Amp to the BA-330 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Torch Offline

Thanks, Bill, for your post. The BA330 I got at dealer cost serves me fine most of the time as my gigs are in small places. Since I have the AI Corus, I thought I would use the AI for the bass only and the BA330 for the treble for bigger places. Also, that way I am running them in stereo. I tested by running them in stereo with the left bass only to the AI Corus at the bottom of the pole and the right treble to the BA330 on the pole. Then I ran them in mono as you mentioned. I couldn't really tell much difference between the two setups in terms of the overall sound. Since the two speakers in stereo were set apart vertically, it doesn't really seem to give much stereo effect.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#356979 - 12/19/12 02:48 PM Re: Connecting an Extra Amp to the BA-330 [Re: Torch]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
As I said the BA330 will still run in stereo with a line out to the other amp. The stereo effect is minimal but with the speakers in the same cabinet and so close together I think thats all you cand get. If it were me if your other accepts stereo ins just use the BA330's line outs to it and let them both run treble and bass. If no stereo in just run a mono line.
Another option would be to get a small powered sub to run with the BA330. Or two small powered speakers like the Podiums 8's and put those on stands farther apart. Nice stereo split that way.

Good luck

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online