SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#356189 - 12/09/12 11:23 AM What is it about the KORG ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Deane congrats.. as I always said you have to spend many hours to tame the KORG units ....do your homework, learn & dig deep into the OS, get it setup right for your needs and you will be truly rewarded with a great sounding unit, all the tools are there.!!!!......
"out of the box" is not gonna work... good luck.

Quote:
..... but I did not realize Korg needed that much 'out of the box' tweaking.

Tony,
If, and when, you ever get the PA600, you may have your work cut out for you...well maybe not work, it's suppose to be fun.

... that it needs soooo many hours of tweaking/finetuning/set up to make it 'gig ready' ??? confused1 confused1 confused1

#356195 - 12/09/12 11:49 AM Re: What is it about the KORG ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony there isn't an arranger Kb on the market now or in the past that I have not spent hours & hours on end setting up for gig performances..... If you want to play with what comes out of the box that fine...but not for me. Many don't even know what to do to make it sound better and that's fine also if they are satisfied with the default sounds & styles go for it,... I prefer to make it "my own sound" and be happy with what it does on stage FOR ME, spending countless hours shaping what my audience will hear.
It's not just KORG it's EVERY UNIT OUT THERE....that's the fun of being able to EDIT everything to make it sound right, some just dont care or know how to do this..
But hey....to each his own I say. cool2

Edited by Dnj (12/09/12 11:51 AM)

#356197 - 12/09/12 11:55 AM Re: What is it about the KORG ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Tony, several Korg users have stated that it took a lot of tweaking and adjusting to get the instrument where they wanted it, and some were never quite satisfied with the results even after months of twiddling with it.

Others had better luck and appeared to be quite pleased.

Personally, I'd rather be playing and enjoying the instrument ASAP, although I suppose small tweaks are inevitable even after a good deal of time, especially when adjusting for different room environments at various gigs.

Good luck with your planned PA-600...it is probably not much harder than your Technics to set up, and I'll be looking forward to your impressions of the instrument.

Ian

#356208 - 12/09/12 12:54 PM Re: What is it about the KORG ... [Re: ianmcnll]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I guess, after thinking about again, I did spend a lot of time getting my kn6000 to where it is NOW, I just don't know if I had to spend a GREAT deal of time getting it 'gig' ready ... but then, I was coming from a technics to a technics, and the OS is SO user friendly, perhaps it did not take me so long to get it ready for gigs ...

I am very inclined towards purchasing this board, all things considered - price, styles, sounds, etc. - and when I do a 'hands on' a major negative factor would have to come up for me to change my mind, SO, KORG players, BE FOREWARNED - I WILL be picking your brains on how to get the MOST out of this board ...

#356209 - 12/09/12 01:02 PM Re: What is it about the KORG ... [Re: tony mads usa]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
From my experience, as I said it before, you don't have to tweak anything to have agreat sound from your Korg arranger.
But, because you have a lot of tools to do it and because we all have a different idea of what the perfect sound is, many user will spend time tweaking it and, rightfully, they will emphasize that only NOW their arranger has the perfect sound.
Does it make sense?
Right out of the box the Korg instrument is great, to those who like Korg sounds. But you can make it even better for yourself, by spending time with it.

#356214 - 12/09/12 01:17 PM Re: What is it about the KORG ... [Re: tony mads usa]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
KORG for the money has more features then any out there, I had them all, and above all, the support from the users for the styles and sounds is out there in the masses, period.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online