SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#356348 - 12/10/12 07:53 PM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

If I had known any of his previous political antics I wouldn't of even posted the topic.....sorry, my apologies, I just heard about this today on the news.
I hope Nigel deletes this whole thing please.

#356360 - 12/11/12 01:05 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#356381 - 12/11/12 06:22 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Here's my thoughts for what its worth. I think the "live" part of your act puts you on a higher level than this musical dribble. It's like the Cha cha Slide. No one cares if you sing or play it, they just want to dance . When your doing something "Live" it makes you unique.
Most parties that I bring the keyboard to are me "live" for the first part, when things are just getting started and they might actually pay attention, and then I jump into DJ mode with a few live things thrown in.
My other thought is with all the musical talent available in this country why did the Charity Committee choose this no talent one shot wonder to preform?

#356385 - 12/11/12 07:34 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Exactly what Don said!!!!

Deane

#356392 - 12/11/12 08:19 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ican oonly echo Don and Deane's statememts.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#356397 - 12/11/12 08:42 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

My other thought is with all the musical talent available in this country why did the Charity Committee choose this no talent one shot wonder to preform?

... because he is popular - a youtube sensation - with the young people ... ???

#356399 - 12/11/12 08:44 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Exactly what Scott said!!!!

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#356403 - 12/11/12 09:17 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Well, I suppose whoever planned that event and invited him didn't research enough. Still, they SHOULD have.
It's a real tragedy that there is so much of both profanity and hatred in many of today's hits.
Last summer I was working at an outdoor patio at a restaurant and a family with several kids were there. It was late in the evening and not many people were still there. The kids requested a current song (I don't remember what it was now), so I found it on Youtube and started playing it for them. About 20 seconds into it the MFs and GDs started and I quickly turned it off.
The kids were up dancing to it, and their mother asked why I turned it off. I asked her if she had ever listened to the words, and of course she had not. I just told her that if she did she wouldn't want her kids to hear it. She thanked me and I got a nice tip to boot.
Anyway, DNJ, I didn't know about this guy's previous "work" either until the past few days. He said it was an emotional reaction. I would think that it would take at least a few days to write, record and produce a song, even one such as his with no melody. That would seem to be ample time for reflection.
I might accept his apology if I heard it in person, but I still wouldn't want anything to do with him or his music, or anyone else who obviously hates our country. I'm not a big enough person I guess.
DonM

#356406 - 12/11/12 09:53 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Agreed Don.....

#356409 - 12/11/12 10:12 AM Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I don't find political predjudices entertaining. When I am working the goal is to entertain and create an atmosphere of fun. I take fun seriously.
Eddie

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online