Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style?

Posted by: Dnj

Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 11:06 AM

This is the hottest most requested song out on the charts sweeping the world today! dance2 .....
anyone doing it yet using styles?...If so which ones?
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 11:15 AM

Donny ... are you going to SING this song also ??? rocker
Might I suggest an mp3 of the original or purchase a 'pro' SMF?

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 11:22 AM

I get so many requests at weddings, parties, etc, for this song its so hot,,,,the girls love to dance to it also....its incredible.....I always play the MP3....but just wondered if anyone would try it using a style.....just another instance where an arranger probably would NOT be a good fit and "mixing up your performances" with different means of playing, singing and Dj'ing, etc, to suit the audience makes a whole lot of sense in today's musical gigging world.
Maybe a good driving "HOUSE STYLE" could be suitable also, but I have not heard it done yet.... dance2

1 BILLION Views...aprox 9 Million Dollars
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 12:23 PM

I will never sing it live - there is no need to. The mp3 will have to do. I don't do the Electric slide either ... the dancers don't want to hear an original creation of the tune - they just want to dance and sing to the silly, moronic hook.
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 12:44 PM

Even with a perfect style, SMF, or audio backing track, this is the type of tune that only the original artist can pull off at this point in time.
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/09/12 03:09 PM

You are kidding right Donny? I think Don Mason has this one worked out.
Posted by: Scottyee

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/10/12 08:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Dnj

This is the hottest most requested song out on the charts sweeping the world today! dance2 .....
anyone doing it yet using styles?...If so which ones?

Yamaha Format Style:
Gangnam Style cool

Check out these parody versions: grin

Posted by: DonM

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/10/12 05:37 PM

It will be a cold day in Hell before I allow any music from that America-hating SOB on my bandstand, although our president doesn't have a problem letting him sing for him.
DonM

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/10/12 06:15 PM

Don,

For whatever it's worth,

PSY has apologized for his remarks of 2004. In his apology he said his performance had been emotionally charged and was a response to events in the war in Iraq.
"I understand the sacrifices American servicemen and women have made to protect freedom and democracy in my country and around the world," he said in a statement.
He said the song "was part of a deeply emotional reaction to the war in Iraq and the killing of two Korean schoolgirls that was part of the overall anti-war sentiment shared by others around the world at that time." The girls were struck and killed by a U.S. military vehicle.
PSY continued: "While I'm grateful for the freedom to express one's self, I've learned there are limits to what language is appropriate and I'm deeply sorry for how these lyrics could be interpreted. I will forever be sorry for any pain I have caused by those words. While it's important that we express our opinions, I deeply regret the inflammatory and inappropriate language I used to do so."

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/10/12 06:52 PM

All well and good, but I would have preferred if he had apologized BEFORE a 'stink' was made about it and he possibly stood to lose some US $$$

The thing is, in today's global/social network society, anything one does at anytime is subject to worldwide scrutiny, so people who enter the public spotlight, especially, have to be prepared for whatever may come their way ...

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/10/12 07:53 PM

If I had known any of his previous political antics I wouldn't of even posted the topic.....sorry, my apologies, I just heard about this today on the news.
I hope Nigel deletes this whole thing please.
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 01:05 AM

Posted by: Bill Lewis

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 06:22 AM

Here's my thoughts for what its worth. I think the "live" part of your act puts you on a higher level than this musical dribble. It's like the Cha cha Slide. No one cares if you sing or play it, they just want to dance . When your doing something "Live" it makes you unique.
Most parties that I bring the keyboard to are me "live" for the first part, when things are just getting started and they might actually pay attention, and then I jump into DJ mode with a few live things thrown in.
My other thought is with all the musical talent available in this country why did the Charity Committee choose this no talent one shot wonder to preform?
Posted by: hammer

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 07:34 AM

Exactly what Don said!!!!

Deane
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 08:19 AM

Ican oonly echo Don and Deane's statememts.

Gary

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

My other thought is with all the musical talent available in this country why did the Charity Committee choose this no talent one shot wonder to preform?

... because he is popular - a youtube sensation - with the young people ... ???
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 08:44 AM

Exactly what Scott said!!!!

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 09:17 AM

Well, I suppose whoever planned that event and invited him didn't research enough. Still, they SHOULD have.
It's a real tragedy that there is so much of both profanity and hatred in many of today's hits.
Last summer I was working at an outdoor patio at a restaurant and a family with several kids were there. It was late in the evening and not many people were still there. The kids requested a current song (I don't remember what it was now), so I found it on Youtube and started playing it for them. About 20 seconds into it the MFs and GDs started and I quickly turned it off.
The kids were up dancing to it, and their mother asked why I turned it off. I asked her if she had ever listened to the words, and of course she had not. I just told her that if she did she wouldn't want her kids to hear it. She thanked me and I got a nice tip to boot.
Anyway, DNJ, I didn't know about this guy's previous "work" either until the past few days. He said it was an emotional reaction. I would think that it would take at least a few days to write, record and produce a song, even one such as his with no melody. That would seem to be ample time for reflection.
I might accept his apology if I heard it in person, but I still wouldn't want anything to do with him or his music, or anyone else who obviously hates our country. I'm not a big enough person I guess.
DonM

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 09:53 AM

Agreed Don.....
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 10:12 AM

I don't find political predjudices entertaining. When I am working the goal is to entertain and create an atmosphere of fun. I take fun seriously.
Eddie
Posted by: 124

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 11:02 AM

It's a bit odd that here we are, all us 60's kids, 50 years on, commenting on the politicising going on in song lyrics. Bob Dylan and a whole bunch of others back in the day were pretty solidly political in their lyrics, so not much new there.

All the swearing and such wasn't there like it is now, but that seems to be part of the change in youngsters in general these days. Whether that's come about because of the 'lyric' content of the songs or if it's come about as 'lyrics' echoing the sentiments of this generation is up for debate, I guess.
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 11:09 AM

I'm probably giving away my old fartedness here, but I don't like the tune at all...not very musical to my ears and certainly nothing special about it.

Not one I'd want to perform.

Ian

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 11:14 AM

laugh Me neither, Ian. It doesn't rattle my cage on either of those scores.

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 11:27 AM

I don't believe Bob Dylan ever said, and I'm quoting CNN,

” Kill those f–ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture,” and going on to say, “Kill them all slowly and painfully,” as well as “daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 12:30 PM

I' m not a fan of PSY, nor find his videos entertaining.
I find the video "parodies" of his song far more clever and creative.
especially this one. smile

Posted by: cgiles

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
..and going on to say, “Kill them all slowly and painfully,” as well as “daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

...and to make matters worse, he ommitted mothers-in-law smile smile .

chas
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 01:09 PM

We always knew when my old mother-in-law came in the house...the furnace would kick in and the mice started throwing themselves in the traps. wink

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: cgiles
..and going on to say, “Kill them all slowly and painfully,” as well as “daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

...and to make matters worse, he ommitted mothers-in-law smile smile .

chas

Well nobody's perfect! smile
DonM

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 05:30 PM

I don't believe Bob Dylan ever said, and I'm quoting CNN,

” Kill those f–ing Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives and those who ordered them to torture,” and going on to say, “Kill them all slowly and painfully,” as well as “daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers.”

I don't believe Bob Dylan ever said that, either. Please re-read my comment Don.

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 07:12 PM

Oh I agree with you. And there has always been a place for political protest in our music.
But I draw the line somewhere way short of this garbage about murder, rape, etc.
I've wasted way too much time on this. Time to make music!
DonM

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/11/12 08:07 PM

Amen to that, Don. Let's Rock!
Posted by: Diki

Re: Style Suggestion for Hot New Song GANGNAM Style? - 12/12/12 01:03 AM

I think I find myself in with 124. Most of us ARE children of the sixties. Many of you probably found yourselves in an anti-establishment frame of thought about Vietnam, and much that was going on in the world back then. It wasn't right for our boys to be killing and torturing back then...

Fast forward 50 years. Does anyone recognize ourselves today? Have we turned into the establishment, and all dissent and criticism is now 'radicalism'?

The wheel of life keeps turning, and the place to be to get the least dizzy is in the center...