SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#355680 - 12/02/12 01:34 AM How many are using drum or voice samples on Tyros?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I don't recall hearing much about this and was wondering who is using them or tried them and their thoughts on this.

Here's a couple vids of drum samples. I only heard this through laptop speakers so far but to me some of it sounds ok and some of it sounds over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ5rmDkeb...ture=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFxqPPthS...BrahwAxBuOedXfQ

I'm wondering if anyone thinks there is really any advantage using this and how much work is involved in making things sound right?

Then again the T4 drums are greatly improved as it is. I would think just increasing the volume would be the answer who feel they need more drums. I'm wondering how many are increasing the drum volume also.

If you are using samples what brand are you using or would use if you were to use samples.

Scott

#355702 - 12/02/12 10:27 AM Re: How many are using drum or voice samples on Tyros? [Re: Scott Langholff]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If you are not going to use samper,why bother buying Tyros.Tyros does have limitations when it comes to samples.They have limit on how many samples you can use.Too bad for 1 gig.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#355703 - 12/02/12 10:30 AM Re: How many are using drum or voice samples on Tyros? [Re: Scott Langholff]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
These dynamix samples I hihly recomend.They are better than any samples in Yamaha or Korg keyboards.Styles will sound totally different and much much better.They are worth every penny.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#356365 - 12/11/12 01:59 AM Re: How many are using drum or voice samples on Tyros? [Re: mirza]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: mirza
If you are not going to use samper,why bother buying Tyros.

Interesting answer. The sounds, styles and drums suit me fine, they are excellent and judging by the lack of answers as I expected, it's apparently not important to anyone else except maybe a small minority.

#356471 - 12/12/12 12:52 AM Re: How many are using drum or voice samples on Tyros? [Re: Scott Langholff]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A sampler isn't the ONLY difference between a T and a PSR...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online