SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#355447 - 11/28/12 12:06 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

Dnj

didn't you own the Audya or A5 recently? you seel it?
i can't remember

if so, what do you think of your PA3X in comparison?

where do you play in NJ? i'm in Newark area

#355454 - 11/28/12 01:14 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: leezone]
Dnj Offline

I was in La when I first heard the Audya.....then only demoed the Audya with AJ in DE when it was introduced......truthfully I think they are pretty close in many ways sound wise, they both have that LIVE sound to them vs Yamaha units which have a more compressed Cd like sound but also very good just different...
I gig mostly in South Jersey & Philly. I ued to live in Newark also north ward and occasionally gig up north NJ and SI/Bklyn/NYC etc, also..

#355463 - 11/28/12 02:08 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I owned an Audya for a year and a half, and now own a PA3X. They both are outstanding instruments and it would be hard to go wrong with either one.
The Audya has Audio drums and guitars and as such sounds like a live band playing, even the non-audio styles and drums. The Korg sounds more live than Yamaha, somewhere in between.
Both have outstanding vocal harmonizers and processors. I think overall I prefer the Audya's, but it's a close call there.
I prefer the lead guitar sounds from the Audya. Most of the lead sounds are excellent on both. Yamaha, which is not really in this discussion, imo, has better lead sounds than either.
I prefer the Audya operating system, although the Korg Songbook feature is really great. Korg has touch screen but both have multiple buttons and switches, both fixed and programmable and are wonderful for live play.
I had zero problems with Audya. I have had one problem with Korg and I have been waiting for a part, under warranty, for almost three months.
In short, I am proud to have owned both of these wonderful arrangers. You can't go wrong with either choice, if you have a dealer who will stand behind you just in case of trouble. When I bought my Korg, neither Frank nor George had one and didn't know when they were coming. I needed to purchase before the end of the year, so I bought it from a reputable on line dealer at a great price, with 45-day return available. My problem developed after 7 months and the dealer said he tried but couldn't do anything except ask them to hurry. I guess that didn't work.
I have decided to sell the Korg out of spite. I know it is and will continue to be a top of the line arranger with all the features I need or want, but I'm old and stubborn so will move on, to a PSRS950 for now. Who knows what later, maybe Ketron, maybe nothing. The audience doesn't know the difference.
DonM

#355467 - 11/28/12 02:26 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
leezone Offline

thanks Don, Dnj

i have the Audya4 module, have had it for just over 2 years
i LOVE the Audya, so i'm now gonna buy the Audya5, (maybe should have gotten it from the start)

then i'm gonna sell my A4, or i'll have to foreclose on my house lol

#355468 - 11/28/12 02:34 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: leezone]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
thanks Don, Dnj

i have the Audya4 module, have had it for just over 2 years
i LOVE the Audya, so i'm now gonna buy the Audya5, (maybe should have gotten it from the start)

then i'm gonna sell my A4, or i'll have to foreclose on my house lol

Good choice with the A5....let us know about your progress afterwards!!

#355474 - 11/28/12 03:07 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Should I become disenchanted with the Yamaha, Audya would be on my radar. Good choice.
DonM

#355639 - 12/01/12 05:45 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Hi everyone reporting back,....... Yesterday after my gig I can now truly say that I love the KORG pa3x & I am so glad i bought one. eek I would say that after some intense diligent editing and setting up the KB, Songbook, Sounds, Styles, Efx, etc, to MY liking that I have "FULL" confidence in this KB now to perform with it to the best of my ability using this unit. It is not an out of the box unit by any means but, that is a good thing. I want to be able to custom tailor it to my needs and this KORG arranger lets you do that to the fullest degree possible with so many editing features to mold the sound & set up navigationally any which way you desire. There is a difference between the Pa500 & Pa3x in regards to the Quality & Richness of the sound offered with the Pa3x, instruments can be heard heartier and more robust to a more "LIVE" "REAL" sound degree with more OOOMPH !! Probably due to better Samples & Rom I don't know but, I know one thing,...........I'm enjoying performing with it! dance2 ....I'm 90% done editing & heading into my Xmas gig season and I'm sure by years end & after all these gigs coming up it will be 99% done.If your thinking of the KORG PA3x..GO FOR IT!! clap

To be continued........

#355646 - 12/01/12 10:19 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Additionally I am happy to report the problem with the continued Lingering Pads playing after the style ends for an extra bar or so has been fixed!....
I don't seem to hear this problem on the Pa3x vs the Pa500/Pa800, etc,... headphone

#355742 - 12/03/12 06:10 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Last few gigs I'm starting to notice that many of the PA500 factory styles,...sound "much better" using the same factory Pa3x styles,..bass slides, Brass stabs, Ambient drum kits, & many different things going on within the styles that I didn't hear on the Pa500....better variation progression and much cleaner fills also...I can understand why as the Pa3x has more deeper sound structures DNC, RX, Etc, & style abilities to show off,....it sound amazing. I haven't tried the CS yet, but will fiddle with it down the road. Display brightness adjustment is a nice feature also.

To be continued.....

Edited by Dnj (12/03/12 06:11 AM)

#356457 - 12/11/12 08:22 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Well today I bought myself another Xmas present...even with my dislike of using pedals,I bought a new KORG EC5 for my PA3x, it just arrived FEDEX,......I had one before for my PA800 a few years ago but figured, to control many of the features within this power house KORG Pa3x Arranger KB I should get another pedal, VH, Fills, etc,etc,...... there are so many assignments you can make for the 5 switches, ...
I'll put it to good use as I go long.....

to be continued....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online