SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#355187 - 11/23/12 06:02 AM KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings...
Dnj Offline

I had my 1st PA3x gig on Thanksgiving day.....
received the unit only a few days before,....

Well it went better then expected, as your always apprehensive using something new on stage until you get used to it,.....
I just needed to hear it at full performance vol, although for the last few days I have played thru my Pa system in the house its not the same as on stage performing.....I made some needed MAXX Audio adjustments to EQ the Mix and baby the PA3x was sounding amazing!! It really sounds so live,with a pro quality resonance which I really like....I love it, it sounds very close to the Audya when I auditioned it with AJ IMO......I can't wait to play again on tomorrows gig...and then at a nightclub dinner gig also Saturday night, wanna use it in different scenarios to adjust things,..................
I got the whole CUSTOM songbook synced to styles, factory, & third party ones that I tweaked,....made a few adjustments here and there, RH sounds, sts, pads, EQ, etc,I was good to go,...that took about two whole days of editing I'd say 20 hrs total, most of the Songbook typing was already done from the PA500,.......The TC Helicon vocal processor is just Amazing, best tracking VH unit I ever used for sure, Uncle Dave gave me some MIC/VH settings to get started..I'll make final tweaking adjustments as I play on stage in real time as I go along, only way to get it right,... I assigned one of the switches to TXT Down which is nice if you ever need lyrics. I find a few buttons are in different places vsv the pa500 but just have to get used to where they are positioned. Touch screen works very well, accurate and responsive,. I was in heaven setting up with only the KB ,Powered Mackies, X Stand, Mic, & a few wires,....compared to carrying & hooking up my Laptop, Mixer, wire box, etc,....I set up in less then 5 min this was one of the major reasons for the "ALL IN ONE" Pa3x for my needs!!
The editing abilities and many of the other features, SEQ, Backing Track recorder, front USB, Dual Mp3 player, Metal construction, Sliders, Knobs, Small footprint, DNC, etc, just adds to my enjoyment. dance2

I'm very happy with the Kb so far and hope to have many enjoyable gigs in the future, I'm not a fan of pedals but might even decide to get the MC5 pedal like I had with the Pa800 to maximize the playing experience & activate features,.....just a joy to play, eek

To be continued.......

Please feel free to add YOUR own PA3x Experiences also.
___

Edited by Dnj (11/23/12 06:06 AM)

#355195 - 11/23/12 07:26 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I also forgot to mention that the keybed and action is very enjoyable to play, key length, very responsive, solid, and just enough push back to make fast runs & expressive playing a pleasure.

Edited by Dnj (11/23/12 07:27 AM)

#355250 - 11/24/12 06:31 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Yesterday I played another gig with the PA3x ans as expected I was happy with my MAXX Audio EQ adjustments that I made on the previous gig. Each day let's me get more familiar with the Pa3x and more comfortable playing it, navigating, exploring, etc,..
I have a 32G USB mini Thumb-drive in it with songs also....I was able to try one mp3 during my show & play along with it also, ...it was easy to get to and start, sounded great, linked lyrics .TXT files work perfect if needed & searches thru mp3's almost instantly. I am really enjoying having EVERYTHING On-board again & carrying much less gear to shows..

#355279 - 11/25/12 06:31 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Last night I played a High End Ritzy Country club restaurant/bar gig...first 3 hours easy listening Dinner music, last hour there was a wedding ending Upstairs in the banquet room & when it was over the party hearty came into the bar for a night cap. It gave me a chance to switch up the pace from live arranger style play and get to try out the dual Mp3 player to keep the High Energy going for a while so the bar could cash in on the business.
It was easy to search for songs and segue between both players, not as fast to navigate as using my laptop but definitely viable in the right situation or when using the KB alone on small gigs.
The Pa3x is a powerhouse arranger & I haven't begun to tap into it's many features, but in time I'm sure i will.......

To Be Continued......

#355336 - 11/26/12 05:14 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
nice mate....Im slowly slowly getting use to it still...Im still thinking maybe to get the tyros 4...:(

#355338 - 11/26/12 05:19 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: MattyB]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: MattyB
nice mate....Im slowly slowly getting use to it still...Im still thinking maybe to get the tyros 4...:(

What are your experiences with the pa3x so far?

For me today I spend almost 6 hours trying to tame this beast and get my custom songbook repertoire completed and tweak every song STS levels to perfection for my needs,....
lets say you have 10 songs all using the same style in your songbook..........you tweak one of them to your liking adjusting STS sounds, vol levels, etc, etc, saving each one as I go along .. when done I then again go the the Sb and save the STS, in Sb edit & list edit..........now sometimes when I go try to select these songs from my custom list to make sure they are right .....they don't retain the levels I assigned???/and i have to do it all over again.....plus I have to do this for each of the ten songs i use the same style for....is there a way too globally edit the style so I can use it over and over again the same way? mad

Edited by Dnj (11/26/12 05:31 PM)

#355341 - 11/26/12 06:38 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Use Style Recorder and save the edited version with a new name.
DonM

#355343 - 11/26/12 06:53 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Ah ha.......that makes sense Don.....I'll try it later and save it to user......fingers crossed.

#355344 - 11/26/12 07:01 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Also bear in mind that the style recorder (which is actually accessed via the sequencer mode) does NOT store patch settings or individual volume tweaks, but it will allow saving to a user slot where you can do these edits and save them.

You can also circumvent this by editing the style in the main window (accessing the tabs at the bottom to get to the mixer screen) and then if you select "Save Current Style Performance" from the little drop down menu arrow at the far top right of the screen, this will then allow the saving of the style to a user slot as well (or the favourites banks).

Of course if you have the Factory Style and Sound Protect set to off, you can also overwrite the original Factory slot as well wink

But if you are using the same style with edits for different songs I would not recommend it....it can be done but is a little more convoluted than simply saving to a user slot.

Dennis

#355345 - 11/26/12 07:13 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Also bear in mind that the style recorder (which is actually accessed via the sequencer mode) does NOT store patch settings or individual volume tweaks, but it will allow saving to a user slot where you can do these edits and save them.

You can also circumvent this by editing the style in the main window (accessing the tabs at the bottom to get to the mixer screen) and then if you select "Save Current Style Performance" from the little drop down menu arrow at the far top right of the screen, this will then allow the saving of the style to a user slot as well (or the favourites banks).

Of course if you have the Factory Style and Sound Protect set to off, you can also overwrite the original Factory slot as well wink

But if you are using the same style with edits for different songs I would not recommend it....it can be done but is a little more convoluted than simply saving to a user slot.

Dennis

Dennis ...all i want to do is edit a style, factory or third party etc.....tweak it with STS vol, sounds etc....save it and REUSE IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN......"WITHOUT" having to do anything to it , except maybe transpose the key...and then save & use it it in my custom song list. I hope I'm making sense.?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online