SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#35565 - 07/05/10 09:20 PM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonewheeldude:
I am glad we don't have the same issues in the UK. The only problem from my point of view is that we have lost a couple of sales because of Synthzone.

I stand by what I have said though. Ketron Italy have worked closely with us. Sometimes they do not understand due to language difficulties so we have to persevere. However much of the problems experienced by owners here could be avoided by the distributor stocking parts (as ketron UK do).

One thing I have learned is not to rely on emails completely as its not unusual for them to get lost in the system (I have about 6000 emails per week go into my junk box - I still have to scan through them as customers messages sometimes end up in there). Often its simpler just telephone the factory directly.

If parts are going to be a problem - should it not be a precondition that anyone taking up a dealership should stock parts. If the profit margins are so low has is suggested selling Ketron then I can well see that a dealer might not want to do this. There are also the low volume sales of Ketron Audya which will dictate the stocking of spares. Certainly it isn’t working, the USA hasn’t got any Audya parts that’s for sure. With regard to the language misunderstanding, since 83 countries in the World speak English you would think there would be someone in a company selling worldwide that had a good understand of English. When you are trying to explain to someone something technical and it is misinterpreted it can be risky, this can be seen in manuals that have been translate badly because thinks are back to front, look at the T2 in the song book “My Way” “The Way That I Do It” I think it was - there are many other parallels in the T2. One press of a button because of ambiguity and bang goes you files or a reload process, and don’t turn off whilst the KB is uploading the wrong way round and no sound from the left speaker is the order of the day. When I get email back from the factory I need to read between the lines and it’s still doesn’t make any sense. I don’t know why someone in the UK can’t take this kind of business on. In 10 years time there won’t be KBs like this, things will all be PC driven, much simpler or thy will be like MS.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35566 - 07/07/10 01:34 PM Re: No response from Ketron
Tonewheeldude Offline

maybe Ketron should insist the distributors stock parts, thats not my call.

I don't see why they should insist though, its common sense to me, if your going to sell any product line you have to be able to offer some kind of support.

Otherwise you get frustration which leads to anger and in the end affects business. What annoys me is that what happens here looks bad for all of us, and very quickly months of hard work trying to build a reputation is blown away over a couple of bad experiences and a host of grumpy old farts making it 10 times worse. From my experience in the last two years with Ketron Italy, they seem to be a good and honourable company. They have been a great deal of help in supplying technical answers and parts - even for very old Solton instruments. I love their products, which have a quirkyness about them that gives the instruments personality. And I respect that they are pushing forward with the Audya wheras everyone else continues to play it safe with leftover 80s technolgy.

My advice for anyone who has a fault with a brand new instrument is give the dealer a reasonable time to get it repaired or if that fails get it exchanged. Its not the job of the end user to chase distributors or manufacturers.

If someone was to have a genuine fault with a new ketron in the UK, I can guarantee we will offer to repair it first and if that is not acceptable we will swap it for them within days. Fortunately this has only happened once in two years though.

#35567 - 07/07/10 09:44 PM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
maybe Ketron should insist the distributors stock parts, thats not my call.

I don't see why they should insist though, its common sense to me, if your going to sell any product line you have to be able to offer some kind of support.

Otherwise you get frustration which leads to anger and in the end affects business. What annoys me is that what happens here looks bad for all of us, and very quickly months of hard work trying to build a reputation is blown away over a couple of bad experiences and a host of grumpy old farts making it 10 times worse. From my experience in the last two years with Ketron Italy, they seem to be a good and honourable company. They have been a great deal of help in supplying technical answers and parts - even for very old Solton instruments. I love their products, which have a quirkyness about them that gives the instruments personality. And I respect that they are pushing forward with the Audya wheras everyone else continues to play it safe with leftover 80s technolgy.

My advice for anyone who has a fault with a brand new instrument is give the dealer a reasonable time to get it repaired or if that fails get it exchanged. Its not the job of the end user to chase distributors or manufacturers.

If someone was to have a genuine fault with a new ketron in the UK, I can guarantee we will offer to repair it first and if that is not acceptable we will swap it for them within days. Fortunately this has only happened once in two years though.

TWD,

My brain has been working with this Skude thing and I have just released that you think I am a grumpy old fart, that’s OK but that might be so I don’t have a problem being marginalized in this way. I take it that a grumpy old fart is someone who doesn’t agree with your way of thinking, now I have a problem with that TWD because you have a vested interest in selling a product that we are discussing, so I can’t accept any judgment you have about anyone in this area. I will say it again and again TWD, had Skude bought his KB from you I would have no doubt whatsoever it would be working now, the high seas would not stop you from doing your duty. Can we get that clear, I have never questioned you business ethics, I just think you defend Ketron above and beyond that call of duty. If Ketron did go under and I hope they don’t, how would you feel when you have supported them in this way? TWD, companies go to the wall in an instance and people on the shop floor don’t have a clue what is going on. You’re will not immune to this if it happens.

Grumpy old fart (GOF)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35568 - 07/08/10 12:45 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tonewheeldude Offline

i didn't mean you Tony! (although, like all of us you have had your fair share of grumpy/fartiness. lol)

I was talking about those narrow minded, self oppinionated people in this group that do not own, have no intention of owning or have never tried a particular instrument, and yet make sweeping statements of fact about a product and or company.....The type of people that jump on the bandwagon and flame posts with tosh.

If Ketron (or Korg, Yamaha Roland etc) were to go under it would not be because of the odd problem like Skude is experiencing. They would simply be another casualty of this the very hard financial climate we are experiencing.

I would be upset though - not because I have defended them, but because in my oppion the Audya is the finest and most groundbreaking arranger on the market.

#35569 - 07/08/10 08:55 AM Re: No response from Ketron
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
i didn't mean you Tony! (although, like all of us you have had your fair share of grumpy/fartiness. lol)

I was talking about those narrow minded, self oppinionated people in this group that do not own, have no intention of owning or have never tried a particular instrument, and yet make sweeping statements of fact about a product and or company.....The type of people that jump on the bandwagon and flame posts with tosh.

If Ketron (or Korg, Yamaha Roland etc) were to go under it would not be because of the odd problem like Skude is experiencing. They would simply be another casualty of this the very hard financial climate we are experiencing.

I would be upset though - not because I have defended them, but because in my oppion the Audya is the finest and most groundbreaking arranger on the market.

TWD,

We both know that Audya is the best sound around, I have never question that at all and it's even 100% better with the new sounds on it, we both agree with that. I think I have poked enough people now with a burnt stick about Skude’s Audya, if there is no reaction now from the USA you can see where this is heading, people need to put the action to their words. If they don’t, then Skude will know where he stands finally. I still think he will end up with my KB and I will fix his. There will be a big sigh of relief from one or two and they will have slip the net and off the hook, but what a way to get from under. I write Building Management Software, if someone came into my university and said your software is crap, we will get someone else in to put it right, but we will still pay you, I would hang my head in shame. I will write no more about this, but I will be sleeping with one eye open. Actions speak much louder than words!
Tony
PS TWD 100% better sounding Audya ????

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online