SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#355597 - 11/30/12 08:45 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yea! Then, we could sell units directly to "Zone" members, bypassing distributors completely, ignore repair issues...and if anyone complained, just IGNORE THEM.

It would be GREAT!

Russ

#355599 - 11/30/12 08:59 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: hammer]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
TWD

Good post and for the most part accurate. But, I do have personal experience with Ketron as a company and here in the US support is Non-existant. AJ does his best but is not able to do what is really needed. I have a simple SD2 unit which burned up after installing a Ketron recommended updated and finally gave up trying to get it replaced after a year of calling, leaving voice mails, sending emails and not even a return call, or email from the US distributor. Does anyone think I would sink $4000.00 into product from a company like that??? This has NOTHING to do with how good, or not, it sounds or plays, or any other musical part - pure business!!

Deane

Its hard for me to defend that kind of treatment - and I am sorry. It is the responsibility of each distributor to take care of their customers (although sometimes problems occur when people buy outside of their country), but in your case I would have telephoned the factory, if only to lodge a complaint. Although they are in Italy the office staff speak excellent English.

If you still have the unit I would give them a call. I don't have the number on me, but I think its on the ketron.it website. Don't email though as it will automatically get directed back to your distributor.

#355604 - 11/30/12 10:22 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: john smies]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I wonder how many folks are like me - I would probably buy a Ketron keyboard if after purchase service existed. just wondering!!! I was one of the people present at Don Mason's get together in Shreveport when AJ brought the Audya and gave us a demo. It was the first in the US. Donny was also there along with about 20 others. At the time pricing kept me out of the market but now it would center around Ketron's US distributer and the lack of interest in them after they get the money.

Deane

Deane

#355607 - 11/30/12 11:30 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: hammer]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Deane, I'm certainly in your corner. I have 2 old MS-60's, an SD-5 and a Midjay.

You couldn't give me a new piece of Ketron gear until the major problems with distribution are addressed.

Worst distribution I have EVER seen.

How sad!

Russ

#355631 - 12/01/12 02:09 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: john smies]
Tonewheeldude Offline

For the benefit of those wandering in from a search engine result I would like to point out the above comments are discussing the USA distributor. This certainly does not apply in the UK distributor.

#355634 - 12/01/12 04:34 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

It does however also refer to distribution in Holland and Belgium where the arranger keyboard market is huge.
Having said that I am somewhat sorry to see that this thread has meanwhile been kind of hijacked on the merits of the Ketron distributor which was not my intention. I hope folks will also put forward their thoughts on other reflections put forward by yours truly.

kind regards,
John

#355642 - 12/01/12 07:43 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: john smies]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Good point John - sorry I took it off in another direction.
Deane

#355651 - 12/01/12 11:57 AM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: hammer]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
John- You used a terrific word that many bypass here- SUFFICIENT. To me, there is always bigger and better. The key is not to overspend beyond what is sufficient for your use and satisfactory to your ears, and to those of your audience. I like motl arrangers for this. Sure it's nice to have all the bells and whistles and by all means go ahead if it suits you and is within your budget. But I believe some of the newer motls are sufficient for most....

#355656 - 12/01/12 01:45 PM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It DOES, however, point to a total lack of concern by the parent company that their product is adequately represented in foreign territories.

Yes, CURRENTLY, the UK distributor seems on the ball. But should Ketron ever change distributors, watch out! They obviously do not give a damn about the US distributorship (or how their product is represented and serviced over here)... you better hope that you don't get a distributor as lackadaisical in the UK as we have.

This falls squarely upon the parent company, IMO. They cannot fail to be aware of the issue.

#355721 - 12/02/12 06:06 PM Re: ARRANGER KEYBOARD SCENE 2012 [Re: Diki]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I spoke to a Ketron dealer in the midwest and he said that the parent company is satisfied with its market share and support in the UK and Europe, and that US sales are simply not that important to them, making it difficult for him to continue with them. And I am more interested in the reliable SD5 than the Audya at this point. It is sufficient for me...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online