SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#355347 - 11/26/12 07:22 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yep...in that case follow plan B..,

Simply select the Volume tab (along the bottom) the use the Track Select hardware button (bottom left of the screen trim) to switch to the parts view, change your sounds for tracks, change your volume levels -then press the little down arrow (top right of the screen) select the Write Style Settings, select a user slot (or a favourites slot) ok, ok....done!

#355348 - 11/26/12 07:27 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Then you need to adjust your Songbook entry for the song to link to the amended style location. You can also follow the same procedure for the STS for the style and if you also want to save an edited performance with the style.

Seems like you want to have a few different tweaks for many different styles and songs, so my strong recommendation is to ensure all locks are set to off in the Global section. By doing this you can be sure ANY tweaks you make to a style will always be recalled, including an effects editing you might also do...

These locks have no effect on the Performance, Slot 1 that gets loaded by default...Unless you accidentally overwrite it!!! (easy to do and I have done so on quite few occasions!!! )

#355349 - 11/26/12 07:29 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Yep...in that case follow plan B..,

Simply select the Volume tab (along the bottom) the use the Track Select hardware button (bottom left of the screen trim) to switch to the parts view, change your sounds for tracks, change your volume levels -then press the little down arrow (top right of the screen) select the Write Style Settings, select a user slot (or a favourites slot) ok, ok....done!

Ok Dennis and this will also once renamed and save to a user slot SAVE STS sounds and Vol levels also for reuse.. correct?

except for performance slot #1 which I have my default setup on power up ...I NEVER use performances slots for anything .....I only use the custom SB list and user slots for styles..

Edited by Dnj (11/26/12 07:47 PM)

#355350 - 11/26/12 08:09 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
Look I think i'm just being a wimp and need to get my head around the whole board still....Some issues with volume settings ect..sometimes parts are just louder than others always trying to set it right with the sliders...

I dont think I will sell....Need more time on the thing!

#355352 - 11/26/12 08:14 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: MattyB]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: MattyB
Look I think i'm just being a wimp and need to get my head around the whole board still....Some issues with volume settings ect..sometimes parts are just louder than others always trying to set it right with the sliders...

I dont think I will sell....Need more time on the thing!

I agree it has to be TAMED!!!...
like a wild stallion but once it is WOW!!!

#355353 - 11/26/12 09:24 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Dennis ...all i want to do is edit a style, factory or third party etc.....tweak it with STS vol, sounds etc....save it and REUSE IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN......"WITHOUT" having to do anything to it , except maybe transpose the key...and then save & use it it in my custom song list. I hope I'm making sense.?

Simple. After doing your edits, do DROP DOWN MENU > Save current style settings.

But if its a factory style, you can either overwrite it (after unlocking), or, save in style creator as user style, exit, THEN make your edits and "save current style settings"

Hope I made myself clear.

EDIT: JUST REALIZED THIS WAS ANSWERED ALREADY!

Edited by shim (11/26/12 09:27 PM)

#355357 - 11/26/12 09:53 PM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Yep that's it smile

Remember that STS settings in themselves can make changes so ensure these area as you want them too...

Once in a user slot the style will load exactly as saved. If you have the locks applied then these can get over-ridden by Global Style Setup settings and the like. It is why I recommend removing all locks if you are going to do a song by song setup as you are..

Takes a lot longer to setup your Songbook and style base but is really only a "once" job...

Also correct do NOT change your Perf 1 as it is this that you use to have all your basic load-up settings in...

For example if you have the one mic setting for all songs, and by this I mean you don't chop and change the TC preset on a per song basis, then simply do this and save it to the STS and to the Perf 1, then "lock" the mic settings..it will then stay the same for every song or style you do. I don't as I do use various Helicon setups depending on the song....

Dennis

#355359 - 11/27/12 06:14 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx everyone I will try these suggestions asap......
I appreciate the help that's what the forum is for...

#355367 - 11/27/12 09:43 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

UPDATE:.....just to let everyone know ...IT WORKED!!! party
brought style into RECORD mode, ..renamed and saved style in user slot,...made vol, edits, SB adjustments, etc, re-saved....and now I can use each style over and over for many songs without reediting over and over......you guys are the best Thank you to Dennis M, Don M, Shim, and everyone else who contributed to the thread. clap
Now I can continue setting this baby up for My needs...

....to be continued as I go along. cool2

#355417 - 11/28/12 05:16 AM Re: KORG PA3x Users Thoughts & Ramblings... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Yesterday was a good productive day off sitting hear while it was snowing out I used the time to advance my Custom Songbook setup and just about finished for now....I was even able to add my Xmas repertoire with included Jingle Bells PADS, now I'm ready for the holiday gig season.The conversion from PA500 to Pa3x was pretty straight forward, once I got help from people & figured out some of the procedures to revolve some of my "HUMAN error" hold-backs.Most of the changes were in the style vol levels & sound assignments being the PA3x has so many more then the Pa500 to select. The MAXX Audio suite EQ really brings the Pa3x alive, very impressed with the punch this KB gives overall now.I increased the Overall Output 2db and run the run the KB at about 65% to leave headroom to increase with the slider controls if needed while performing. For a short while I was getting very frustrated and second guessed myself, but, with a little help from my friends & some patience, I am now very happy overall with my purchase & look forward to continuing to take my music & Pa3x to another level on stage into the next year for sure.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online