SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35462 - 06/24/10 10:23 AM Concerning the SD3 update...
Jimgansett Offline

Loc: Millbury, MA
Hello, when I downloaded the SD3 update from Ketron Italy, the filename suggests that it is release 1.0b. However, my SD3 already has 1.0b! A year ago or more, when trying to get my SD3 problem resolved, it was sent to AJ. He reinstalled the OS (which did not solve the problem). Maybe at that time he installed 1.0b, I don't know. IN ANY EVENT, either this release has been around for a year or more, or, the download filename references an older release and the name was never changed. In any event, check your SD3s to see if 1.0b is already on. Hopefully, AJ can clarify if this release is an old one or a new one with an old filename.

#35463 - 06/24/10 01:38 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
I think you are wright because my first SD5 was version 1.0A
And the second one was 1.0B
So I download it (the new one) just the same to my sd5
Do you think I done a mistake?
Ketron did not explane this new OS

#35464 - 06/28/10 07:33 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi,I just receive an email from Ketron.it,and they told me it was not necessary to download the upgrade 1.0B because my SD5 was version 1.0B instead of 1.0A.
If you want to upgrade the 1.0B you will have to backup your registrations,program voices and user voices before the update

#35465 - 06/30/10 05:11 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Hi there,
Please excuse my ignorance - would any of you guys explain what exactly, the problems are with the SD3 /SD5?

I knew that the Audya had been throwing up quite a few problems but I had been under the impression that the SD5 And it's module version SD3, were stable boards and problem free so this comes as a bit of a surprise to me.

For the record, I am still playing an MS40 which must be around 10 years old now and it's still as good as new - can't believe how Ketron have allowed their good name to take a dive that that.

#35466 - 06/30/10 05:15 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Anthony Johnson Offline

Sorry for double post - seems that editing or deletion are not possible.

#35467 - 06/30/10 09:11 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony Johnson:
Sorry for double post - seems that editing or deletion are not possible.

Actually editing is available to you. Just not deletion. The reason I took that ability away was because if the starter of the thread deleted their posting the entire thread was then removed which wasn't fair to everyone else that had posted on it. But you can ALWAYS edit your own postings.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 06-30-2010).]

#35468 - 07/02/10 03:27 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Jimgansett Offline

Loc: Millbury, MA
Well... The problems with my SD3 from day 1 over 2 years ago, still there, no help from Ketron Italy despite repeated requests are:
1) If I use the lead effect of Overdrive, all left volumes (bass, drums, accompaniment) become constant and sometimes abnormally loud, and no longer controlled by the volume pedal. Right hand lead continues to be controlled by the volume pedal as expected.
2) When using the WAA-WAA effect, the left volumes again became constant just like the overdrive, and the WAA-WAA effect is controlled by the pedal but the volume increases way up, ABNORMALLY LOUD, I mean really unusably loud.
3) When I use the Distortion, all volumes were controlled by the pedal but the right hand volume went abnormally high, again unusably loud.
4) The Power Guitar voice (I think that’s the one, when checking I found it was using distortion, evidently automatically set) right hand volume was abnormally high. I realize this particular voice is supposed to be powerful, but not this much.

After communicating with AJ, Ted, Jay Salam, and Ketron Italy over 35 times over 2 years with no answers, I have pretty much given up on Ketron. Thankfully, those effects do not have to be used by me in my playing. However, it has been a problem since new, and a unit should work properly. I stand by the caveat "Let the buyer beware". Products should be thoroughly tested before release. Ketrons track record in this regard is, in my opinion, incredibly bad.

#35469 - 07/04/10 03:53 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Anthony Johnson Offline

Thanks for detailing your SD3 problems Jim - sorry to hear how unhelpful Ketron have been.
I fully agree with you that everything should work normally even if some features are not used on a regular basis.

I have been a big Solton / Ketron fan for many years and am amazed and extremely disappointed at their treatment of so many loyal customers.
Leaves us in a position where we hardly dare contemplate another purchase from them under these circumstances - what a way to run a business. Can't see them lasting much longer at this rate.

#35470 - 07/04/10 04:06 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Anthony Johnson Offline

As a further thought on this subject - I wonder if Italy has a trading standards Department.
If so, you guys with problems could get together and try to exert some pressure in that way.
Are there any Italian members who could tell us this?

#35471 - 07/04/10 10:34 PM Re: Concerning the SD3 update...
Tony Hughes Offline

This all looks rather familiar, someone once said history has a bad habit of repeating it’s self, and there is a common denominator in there I see.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online