SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35570 - 07/03/10 02:17 PM Recent Issues with Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
1- The last few days have been an adventure with my Audya. When I saw OS update 4.1a I decide to wait, but looking to work in the creation of some styles, I consulted with my Audya dealer here in the US and he advise: Go for it.

2- Well, after installing update 4.1a my Audya went bananas. Garbage sounds was all the it produce. Contacted my dealer again but he was no available. Send few e-mails, phone calls, nothing back. I was in high distress. What to do next?

3- I contacted some users in this forum looking for advise and few of them responded ready to help. The issue was relating in the need to re-load some PCM files that in some ways are not in sync with the upgrade.

4- One of things that I learn in this process is that there is are some tools that can help us to troubleshot our Audya keyboards, but they are no documented in any Ketron site or Manual that I know off. Things like testing you PROMS and reloading them, the System folder function and the configuration files inside it, the PCM files and then relation to the keyboard sounds, etc, should be explained to the Audya customers. The Audya user manual need few troubleshooting pages fast !!!.

5- Here in the US, Ketron have so very few dealers with training, that a knowledge database will be very helpful. Others vendors have them, why not Ketron?.

6- Ketron post software updates and the procedures to install it, but no advise if something does no work as expected. Then, we are in our own, look like.

7- My keyboard is alive and well again. Thanks to Tony and DonM for their advise and quick response. Thanks God to this Forum.

8 When I was typing this post, my dealer finally respond. Look like that he was in vacation or maybe having to much fun with the MUNDIAL in South Africa.

8-Audya is a great keyboard; great sounds and styles, easy to use; but when it brakes, is a pain. This community of owners then become invaluable in those uncertain moments.

yours,

Machetero

#35571 - 07/03/10 02:24 PM Re: Recent Issues with Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:

1- The last few days have been an adventure with my Audya. When I saw OS update 4.1a I decide to wait, but looking to work in the creation of some styles, I consulted with my Audya dealer here in the US and he advise: Go for it.

2- Well, after installing update 4.1a my Audya went bananas. Garbage sounds was all the it produce. Contacted my dealer again but he was no available. Send few e-mails, phone calls, nothing back. I was in high distress. What to do next?

3- I contacted some users in this forum looking for advise and few of them responded ready to help. The issue was relating in the need to re-load some PCM files that in some ways are not in sync with the upgrade.

4- One of things that I learn in this process is that there is are some tools that can help us to troubleshot our Audya keyboards, but they are no documented in any Ketron site or Manual that I know off. Things like testing you PROMS and reloading them, the System folder function and the configuration files inside it, the PCM files and then relation to the keyboard sounds, etc, should be explained to the Audya customers. The Audya user manual need few troubleshooting pages fast !!!.

5- Here in the US, Ketron have so very few dealers with training, that a knowledge database will be very helpful. Others vendors have them, why not Ketron?.

6- Ketron post software updates and the procedures to install it, but no advise if something does no work as expected. Then, we are in our own, look like.

7- My keyboard is alive and well again. Thanks to Tony and DonM for their advise and quick response. Thanks God to this Forum.

8 When I was typing this post, my dealer finally respond. Look like that he was in vacation or maybe having to much fun with the MUNDIAL in South Africa.

8-Audya is a great keyboard; great sounds and styles, easy to use; but when it brakes, is a pain. This community of owners then become invaluable in those uncertain moments.

yours,

Machetero

Only too please to help Machetero, you will need to see if you can clear all the faults on the ROM try reloading again when you have done your gig. It is frustrating when the dealer who sold you the KB goes AWOL. Ask Skude he has it chapter and verse, he is writing a book on Audya but like the KB I doubt it being a best seller, he wouldn't get anybody to publish it either. I said nearly a year back this would all end in tears and it will, unfortunately it will be our tears, Ketron have got the dosh and don’t give a toss.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-03-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35572 - 07/08/10 08:57 AM Re: Recent Issues with Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Is everything OK now with the Audya, not heard from you!

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35573 - 07/09/10 10:11 PM Re: Recent Issues with Audya
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Tony,

Everything is working fine with the Audya.
AJ advice me to ignora the error in one section of the ROM test. I agree with him, because is no creating any issues. Maybe is a reserve for future expansion.

#35574 - 07/12/10 12:05 PM Re: Recent Issues with Audya
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Machetero:
Tony,

Everything is working fine with the Audya.
AJ advice me to ignora the error in one section of the ROM test. I agree with him, because is no creating any issues. Maybe is a reserve for future expansion.

I am not certain if AJ is right on this one, why should you have any ROM errors at all I don't have any on my Audya, and it works OK, how many errors is AJ saying you can except in in which ROMS.There is no documenations from ketron about these errors , but that is no surprise. I don't think Ketron have done anything for future expansion on the Audya, I think the Audya as we know it is dead , they have been superceeded.

Can you answer this AJ.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-12-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online