SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#352087 - 10/03/12 02:58 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Dave,

I can not believe that a disk may damage the operating system of the Technics. I have never heard this in the last 25 years!

It is difficult to determine the error, if one has the KN 7000 is not directly in front of him.

You've successfully made the version 1.6. The version 1.6 will be shown to you on the screen?

You've made the big factory reset?:

You can also reset all the PERFORMANCE
items with the following procedure:
Turn off the power to this instrument once.
Then, while pressing the three lower left buttons
in the RHYTHM GROUP section (8 & 16 BEAT, ROCK & POP, BALLAD and JAZZ & SWING )
at the same time, turn the power on again.

You made the test: C # 3, D # 3 and C # 4 and found no errors?

What has not been done is the custom field that has not been touched by initializing.

You could even with the disk "INITIAL DATA DISK" initialize the custom field.

If this has not all been successful, the KN 7000 is a case for the service technician.

Edited by HarryG (10/03/12 03:00 AM)

#352088 - 10/03/12 03:59 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
That sounds a good idea but it's a real weirdo - I guess nobody will ever get bto the bottom of it now...Rog

#352093 - 10/03/12 04:47 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: RMepstead]
technicsplayer Offline

We got to the bottom of it 2 pages ago with the test I suggested, the internal flash memory is corrupted and needs pcb level fault finding or replacing, loading floppies has nothing to do with it.

#352118 - 10/03/12 09:00 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
My bad use of the english language Technicsplayer - what I meant was nobody in New Zealand is going to have the capability to sort the internal flash memory corruption out.

#353737 - 10/30/12 02:20 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
Dave L. Offline

Hello Technics friends,

As owner of the naughty KN7000 I felt it fitting to again comment as there has been so much interest, so hope you viewers have picked up on some of the tests that have been suggested.

I am grateful for the willing suggestions that have been given over the last 2 months from those that know the innards better than some of us ..

As no repair technitian is prepared to have a go at fixing the major problem ---- I have decided to get another KN7000

No-- we haven't dug a hole for the Naughty KN7000--- BUT our local Grandaughter now has it at her home and my wife is giving her some initial Piano lessons

The Naughty K7 works fine on a straight sound ---- Piano , Organ ,Trumpet or whatever you choose---- but absolutely no good with using a rhythm that discords and wants to play at a speed of 300.

Even if you record a straight piece of music it plays back at 300 speed

Any other comments are welcome.

Dave L. [ New Zealand ]

#355726 - 12/02/12 08:13 PM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
Dave L. Offline

Hello again Technics Fans,
Great to see 4500 views ---- Highest number of viewers in the last year to do with Technics Forum.
Surely someone has experienced our trouble on a KN7000
This note will bring the topic to the top of the Technics Forum
---so Dave and Viv will be looking for that miracle hope ----
Still waiting for Mr Technics to take pity and send us a KN8000
----- Thanks for all the replies we have had ------it has made us feel not alone even down under in New Zealand.

#355767 - 12/03/12 10:45 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
DAVE....

This popped into my head as I read this 4th page....

A picture of a finger twirling the tempo wheel way way too
fast... Then the rubberized band around the wheel breaking under the twirling stress.....

Frequently when these little pictures appear in my mind, they
are indicating a truth....

What have you got to loose by checking it out????

Elizabeth

#385006 - 02/22/14 04:31 PM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
Dave L. Offline

Hello Friends
No-- the Naughty KN7000 major problems are still the same
I bought a No2-- K7 and now it has lost the touch sensitive function on Middle C----- Plays very loud only on that note on Piano etc sounds

Seems like both KN7000's will have to be partially dismantled by me and a computer wizz and see if we can make one keyboard out of two

Thanks for so many concerned K7 fans over the last year so any further suggestion to add to the 10800 already viewers with 36 reply's. Just watch this post in a few weeks time and I will keep you posted

Dave L.

#385030 - 02/23/14 07:59 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Dave, I had the same problem about a year ago with the C above middle C. No one had an answer and I used an electronic cleaner all around B, C and C# to make sure with the cleaner. When I did this, I turned off the keyboard and after spraying, I pressed the keys rapidly to make sure the cleaner got in everywhere. I left the keyboard off for a good hour or two to make sure the cleaner had dried and I fixed the problem. Worth a try.

Mark

#386459 - 03/17/14 12:32 AM Re: naughty KN7000 [Re: Dave L.]
Dave L. Offline

Thanks Mark for your comments
I am a bit dubious about this exercise that you found worked for you .

I have taken the top off the No 2 K7 and to get to removing the offending key seems to a be a bit advanced for me

However I have blown as much air around the complete offending Key area with high pressure compressed air But unfortunately no change

Sometimes I zero the touch sensitive to 0 and the k7 can be played OK
Unfortunately the initialising of any prerecorded Song the touch sensitive adjust things to initial setting of about 6

Today I checked what 4 shops that sell contact cleaner $14 to $40.
Are you able to tell me what brand of electrical spraying can you used ?. as there seems to be a variety of spray cleaners .

Thanks from Dave L

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online