SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#35362 - 05/26/10 10:54 PM my new ketron audya!
robinkeyboardmagic Offline

Hi guys, I've been reading your posts for years - some really useful information and opinions - thanks!!! So I've finally got round to registering. I've recently bought a Ketron Audya. I'm based in the UK, and after years of playing professionally and trying many of the top keyboards (Tyros, Pa2x, Pa800, roland G70, Technics etc), I recently tried a Ketron SD1. I was knocked out by the freshness of the sound and so enjoyed playing it that I decided to move to the Audya. I've now had it about a week (done 3 gigs with it so far). Getting on with it OK, although I am having to tweak volumes and mixes of styles more than I did on the SD1. I'll post more details of how it's shaping up when I've had a few more days to personalise it. Like everyone, I'm really waiting for the new styles and sounds - has anyone heard any more? Once again, thanks for some entertaining reading!

#35363 - 05/26/10 10:57 PM Re: my new ketron audya!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by robinkeyboardmagic:
Hi guys, I've been reading your posts for years - some really useful information and opinions - thanks!!! So I've finally got round to registering. I've recently bought a Ketron Audya. I'm based in the UK, and after years of playing professionally and trying many of the top keyboards (Tyros, Pa2x, Pa800, roland G70, Technics etc), I recently tried a Ketron SD1. I was knocked out by the freshness of the sound and so enjoyed playing it that I decided to move to the Audya. I've now had it about a week (done 3 gigs with it so far). Getting on with it OK, although I am having to tweak volumes and mixes of styles more than I did on the SD1. I'll post more details of how it's shaping up when I've had a few more days to personalise it. Like everyone, I'm really waiting for the new styles and sounds - has anyone heard any more? Once again, thanks for some entertaining reading!

You could have had mine at a lot lower price than you paid, Doh! never mind.Got a spare HD with it also.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35364 - 05/27/10 07:34 AM Re: my new ketron audya!
leezone Offline

Tony

so how much you selling your AUDYA for?
you wouldn't sell it
you'd miss it too much :-)

#35365 - 05/27/10 09:42 AM Re: my new ketron audya!
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by robinkeyboardmagic:

Where did you get the Audya from did they tell you when the new sounds would be sent to you.

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35366 - 05/27/10 10:37 PM Re: my new ketron audya!

Tony, how are you getting on with your Audya? - why do you want to sell it?
Robin

#35367 - 05/29/10 08:56 AM Re: my new ketron audya!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Robin, I love my Audya. I've had it for close to a year and I use it just about every night. If I can be of any help to you, let me know.
DonM

#35368 - 05/29/10 09:55 AM Re: my new ketron audya!
player 1 Offline

Loc: Vargon Sweden
Hello
I have had my Audya for about one year and yes, there has been some small problem but not any major problems, i use mine nearly every day not only for gigs just working and prepare for future gigs and I´m pleased with it, i am also waiting for the complete update but I sit back and wait. I have always send my mail to Marcello on Ketron in Italy when there has been any problems and the answer has been very fast so no complain so far

#35369 - 05/30/10 06:34 AM Re: my new ketron audya!

Hi Thanks guys! Cheers Don. I have just broken up from school, so I am going to set the AUDYA up at home and really get into it this week. After years of playing Yamaha (Tyros 2 most recently), I just love the live feel of this keyboard. You know what it's like, when you gig a lot, you get bored of the sound/styles after a while, so I was in desperate need of a change. I think the Audya might be it for me. Has anyone done much singing through it - if so what mic settings sound good? Thanks everyone
Robin

#35370 - 05/30/10 08:42 AM Re: my new ketron audya!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I sing through it every night. I love the vocal processing and harmonizer.
I use a little reverb, and a small amount of delay. I edited the delay some to suit my taste. I adjusted the mic e.q. by boosting the high end some to add crispness. I don't use the compressor or limiter. You can save it all to one by overwriting one of the factory presets.
I generally use one harmony voice a third above the original voice. However on occasion I use most of the presets when called for by the song.
On version 4.0, you can press and hold the lead or harmony button to instantly access the screen. Then push Edit to make adjustments.
Turn the mic level on the screen as high as possible to avoid distortion.
DonM

#35371 - 06/07/10 10:50 PM Re: my new ketron audya!

Thanks Don
I am getting into the keyboard now - starting to use the mic - you're right the reverb is very nice on it. Have you done any audio recording (to wave file) with it? I am having rpoblems getting the recording levels loud enough to be of any use - any thoughts? Cheers, Robin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online