SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#352562 - 10/10/12 11:54 PM Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation..
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I am a staunch advocate of the Audya over at every forum I belong to, and there are quite a few.

The one remark I keep on receiving, is that the Audya might be a great product, but that it has little or no support from Ketron & hence many will not even consider...

I always counter these by quoting the fantastic & prompt service I received from TWD from Ketron UK, and that even AJ offers to take in older Audyas, upgrade them, give them a look over and provide another year long warranty for it.

Is there anything else I can quote to restore service confidence in Ketron, as their reputation is not good amongst most in this regard?

You all know by now how excited I am about my Audya. And I'm spreading the word everywhere I go. But I always run into this wall & then find that my counter arguments do not satisfy most.

Any help would be appreciated. Tonewheeldude, Sokratis, AJ or anyone - do you not have any advice about this, or at least get Ketron's opinion over this? Surely things like these must be of interest to them...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#352573 - 10/11/12 05:16 AM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Henni]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

I am a staunch advocate of the Audya over at every forum I belong to, and there are quite a few.

The one remark I keep on receiving, is that the Audya might be a great product, but that it has little or no support from Ketron & hence many will not even consider...

I always counter these by quoting the fantastic & prompt service I received from TWD from Ketron UK, and that even AJ offers to take in older Audyas, upgrade them, give them a look over and provide another year long warranty for it.

Is there anything else I can quote to restore service confidence in Ketron, as their reputation is not good amongst most in this regard?

You all know by now how excited I am about my Audya. And I'm spreading the word everywhere I go. But I always run into this wall & then find that my counter arguments do not satisfy most.

Any help would be appreciated. Tonewheeldude, Sokratis, AJ or anyone - do you not have any advice about this, or at least get Ketron's opinion over this? Surely things like these must be of interest to them...

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Hi Henni,

You know it's funny, just today talking to my dealer here in Australia, we all agree that the Audya is a fantastic instrument, no one in use will or would dispute this. It's great that support comes from other parties, but as discussed today the service from Ketron is appalling. Either they know they have a product that is in far excess of anything else, or they just don't care, it beggars belief. They have always been this way, and i think it's safe to believe that will never change.

The big problem will be "god forbid" another manufacturer with real support develops a comparable product at a cheaper price. Loyalty is one thing, but they won't be able to cry wolf if that happens. I mean Ketron may even have bigger and better products in the pipeline, i mean who would know.

I do believe with the extra ram, the OS and features can still be expanded and improved even in the original Audya. Lets face it, it was way ahead of it's time at release. You can not get that live feel from any other keyboard, and i have had them all, and sold them still sticking with the Audya at any price, it's darn good and the best available right now.

That's my two cents.

#352626 - 10/11/12 02:53 PM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Henni]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
I almost bought Audya once.At that time I was almost playing full time.If you are a professional player who plays every day and depends on that money that you make while playing,than customer support is a big thing if something goes wrong.
That is what kept me from buying one in a first place.And we all did hear a lot of bad stories about Audya.
It sounds great,but if you can't rely on it 100% than it's useless peace of plastic.
If you are home user,than you get Tyros or S series.They are for home user players.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#352630 - 10/11/12 05:15 PM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Henni]
kharri Offline

First Ketron has to want to restore customer service.
I think they rely on their dealer network which may not be consistent.

It cost money to support the end user, but can be a downhill spiral for a company if they don't.

I think the dealers need to push Ketron for better support, since the end user doesn't have access.

#352632 - 10/11/12 09:38 PM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: kharri]
Henni Offline

Wow,

I sincerely expected someone to tell of the fantastic service they've received from Ketron for me to use as counter arguments.

But sadly, I get the impressions from you guys that all these rumours might be true after all. For me personally, this is a non factor, as I've had many, many different arrangers over the years from many different manufacturers and not once did anything fail for me.

But yes, I can understand this concern. Luckily mine'll be upgraded to AJAMSONIC within a day or two and I've not yet heard any horror stories about AJ. Maybe it'll be best in future to buy all Ketron products from him instead, upgrade & all. If he can maintain a good customer service reputation, then this might very well be the answer & the outlet that such a good product deserves.

And then I'm not for one moment overlooking the good dealers like Ketron UK. I've also heard how dealers like Frank sent replacement Audyas out to customers whilst fixing theirs. Considering the small profit he must make on the sales part, this speaks a lot for his personal dedication.

Ketron: I've said many good things about you guys on various forums & I'll continue to do so. But someone over there should seriously look into this much neglegted part of your business model.

Like some said, other manufacturers are following your technology and soon you might have serious competition in this regard.

It takes great minds to create such awesome products. How is it then that a great mind cannot conceive the importance of after sales customer service?

I'm a project engineer by trade and I design & program complex process control systems for a living. I will buy a lesser product with better customer service (as I've done many times already) anyday over the best product available out there, as this is what bit me before. When the plant stops & I have no support, my whole career would be in jeopardy...

Come on guys, just think about this for a moment...

Henni

#352642 - 10/12/12 03:52 AM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Henni...
I think it should to corrected despite a lot of things that concerning the company...
I believe that Audya, they were a good expirience for the company…
We will see therefore if in the next steps of company we have a better image, and of course support...

#352643 - 10/12/12 04:11 AM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Hi Sokratis,

I hope you are right. In my opinion Ketron lacks in only two things:

1. Poor after sales support
2. Undercutting their very own appointed dealers themselves

They have a SUPER product in the Audya. But times have changed. Customer care has become of the highest importance, & if they do not upgrade their act in this regard, I'm afraid they just might loose their leadership in this stunning technology.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#352646 - 10/12/12 04:39 AM Re: Restoring bad Ketron customer service reputation.. [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi Sokratis,

I hope you are right. In my opinion Ketron lacks in only two things:

1. Poor after sales support
2. Undercutting their very own appointed dealers themselves

They have a SUPER product in the Audya. But times have changed. Customer care has become of the highest importance, & if they do not upgrade their act in this regard, I'm afraid they just might loose their leadership in this stunning technology.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

I agree with you Henni....

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online