SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#352365 - 10/08/12 04:41 PM Re: 14 minute psr s950 demo [Re: George Kaye]
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Phew! smile Thank you Impuls.

The real thing had to sound a lot better than the one posted initially. George, I `m sure you will be selling a lot of these.. Good Luck !!

Auron Music

#352367 - 10/08/12 05:29 PM Re: 14 minute psr s950 demo [Re: rolandfan]
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
I hate to say this? or maybe im happy to say this... but so far from these demos - the S950 is sounding wayyy better than the Tyros 4.

Its punchier / more live / more realistic!!
Those drums and distortion guitars are phenomenal!

the only big drawback still holding me back is the shallow mushy keybed, But I think the good outways the bad here!! and its half the price of the T4!!!

#352373 - 10/08/12 08:34 PM Re: 14 minute psr s950 demo [Re: rolandfan]
Beakybird Offline

The demos do sound wonderful, but demos always sound great. Still, the Audio Drum styles sound superior to styles without audio drums. That Retro R&B style sounded out of this world. It sounds really vintage.

I would imagine that the non-Audio Drum styles sound more like the T3 and T4 - unless some these other styles take advantage of the new distortion DSPs.

Price (and internal speakers) not being a factor, I would definitely choose a T4 over this board, but I'm still encouraged as a future buyer by these demos.

#352382 - 10/08/12 11:09 PM Re: 14 minute psr s950 demo [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Beakybird

Price (and internal speakers) not being a factor, I would definitely choose a T4 over this board, but I'm still encouraged as a future buyer by these demos.

We certainly agree here, Larry. If I thought I could get the same performance as a Tyros4 with the substantially less expensive S950, I would be selling my T4, buying the S950, and pocketing the difference.

However, having so many excellent (and very useful) SA2/SA1 voices, the new drum kits (and, like Audio Drums, the MIDI drums are also samples; only individual), plus the nicer feeling keyboard (subjective/personal) with aftertouch, and 500 styles with oodles of Premium Styles available, still makes the T4 the sonic leader in the Yamaha stable in my opinion. I played and heard the S950, so I am speaking from some experience.

But, the S950 is definitely a must have if you are wanting to keep things a bit less expensive, and, in your case, be able to purchase two instruments, thus having a backup, a wise move, especially, since you play so often. Plus, the benefits will include the VH-2 Harmonizer and some really useful additional SA Voices, along with the aforementioned Audio drum styles.

Ian

#352384 - 10/08/12 11:15 PM Re: 14 minute psr s950 demo [Re: rolandfan]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ian, you and I posted almost exactly the same thing in two different threads, at about the same time!
Great minds think alike, for sure. smile
DonM

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online