SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#35128 - 05/16/10 03:24 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Oh no Ketron,

you dont get off lightly with this one, nothing happens generally in this forum unless some serious questioning happens re the releases and fixes with the Ketron products, then all of a sudden a couple of questions come out of the blue. This is the most important thread for Ketron to answer, and i suggest that it needs to be kept at the top of the list, we want answers and we need them, like yesterday,

Robbo,

I have sent this link direct to Ketron, I can understand that people are getting tired of excuses from Ketron and I have tried every trick in the book, pleasant & nasty both at the same time and it has made not one jot of difference so I given up and they have beat me. I think this is just the way Ketron work they will move at their own pace no matter what, so I suggest we just wait it’s hellish frustrating especially when you have something wrong with your Audya in guarantee and you can’t get it fixed like Skude, no one has a proper answer and everybody’s guessing. The most frustrating thing is this, you have a problem a real problem you contact someone and the say “We never had that one before” my reply is "well you have now"! I have run out of ideas and I don’t know what the answer is about Audya, what I do know its sound bloody good with the new samples and styles. I am a bit concerned that DonM says he cannot see any more styles on the pre-release version he got. Fingers and legs cross, I have been away in turkey for 11 days and when the KB players turned up at our hotel what do you think he was playing, no not Audya son of Audya the SD1+.

Regards Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35129 - 05/16/10 04:46 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Oh no Ketron,

you dont get off lightly with this one, nothing happens generally in this forum unless some serious questioning happens re the releases and fixes with the Ketron products, then all of a sudden a couple of questions come out of the blue. This is the most important thread for Ketron to answer, and i suggest that it needs to be kept at the top of the list, we want answers and we need them, like yesterday,

Robbo,

I have cut and pasted the whole of this thread to Ketron IT, direct, so they don't need to even click the link, let's wait and
see.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-16-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35130 - 05/16/10 06:09 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hey Tony, Check out the new thread started by Brian in Ireland. Yes, you guessed it, more Audya problems!!!!!!!!!

I'm still having the Left Channel out problem but thankfully far less often. It played perfect for a WHOLE WEEK! A new record! Yippee.

Frank sent me the backup, but I haven't formatted and re-installed yet! My problems are less frequent and I'm just too nervous about formatting and reinstalling!!

From what I gather, the new HD with the OS installed you sent the one of the other members also didn't correct his problems.

Where has AJ been during all these Audya Problem postings???????????????

WE AUDYA OWNERS NEED HELP " AJ "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35131 - 05/16/10 07:09 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
Ok guys,
its maby time to say what in fact is going on with ketron.
My opinian (and not only mine)is:Ketron simply cant solve problems vith OS4 and with new Styles and Sounds.That what we can see in Frankfurt is only part of new complit OS4 and cant be release in old Audya.Unboard Hardware is simly to weak.If you cerfol listen demos on Ketron site from Frankfurt in one video Robert say:
"Audya Ram memory is enlarget" and can play all new styles and Sounds.Audyas what we haw cant be expandet cos matherboard hawent slots.
What we can do?What we can do with all promeses from Ketron?
Ketron hawent answer for that and live in silence.
I haw my solucion:
I haw anaf promeses and bad OS wersion who dont setysfie me and haw more new bugs and limitations , and want to bring my Audya back to store.I want my money back and spend them for maby not so good sounding mchine but wit stabile and frendly Software.
Ketron newer again and that I sugest all my musicaly friends.(so sorry for my English,but I am shure you know what I mean)
And just one more thig:
I am 55 years old musician and newer in my life didnt see behaviour like Ketron haw, from any company...

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 05-16-2010).]

#35132 - 05/16/10 09:17 PM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Thanks Tony,

makes the Korg PA2X problem with the led's look like a tea party. Answers required, 1. Is it a hardware problem, or 2. a software problem, or 3 both and 4, whats happening to fix it, and dont say there is nothing wrong, it's obvious that there is.

I had my credit card so ready, i could taste the audya 4, but i'm so glad that I haven't as yet, and it's going to take some enourmous leaps to turn me around, i can tell you.

#35133 - 05/17/10 07:31 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
I think that that we are speculating too much.

I don't think that the new sounds/Styles have no been release because hardware issues. DonM and others are testing them and have no report any issues.
No sure is if there software issues either. No body that I know that have the combination OS4a/new sounds/new styles have reported problems. No issues either with styles from other keyboards (SD5 and Midjay).
Bugs ? . For sure. The only software with-out bugs is the one that has been release yet.
My feeling is that Ketron is adding additional content and testing then very fully. remember that that Ketron is no a big company like Yamaha, Roland or Korg. Probably resources are at premium.
My main critical issue is the way that Ketron keep in touch with the customer base. No relation can work with out contact. It will only will take Ketron to design a person to be point of contact for customer worries and concerns.

#35134 - 05/17/10 10:15 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wish I could shed some light. All I know is that the new sounds are great and the styles are smoother and fuller. The polyphony problem in a couple of the style endings seems to have been addressed.
To be honest, I have had some time off work and have been mostly playing golf instead of music.
I know nothing about Ketron's timetable or plans for release of the new material.
I assume they are still adding stuff, but I don't know that for certain.
DonM

#35135 - 05/17/10 08:21 PM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Don,

we would dearly love to take the plunge to Audya, but I know you'll understand if we dont as yet.

The problem realy is that Ketron dont talk to thier owners and prospective owners in a way that's sensible, and treats with parity on a human level. So come on Ketron whats happening?? I'll keep asking, that is until either Korg or Yamaha steal your thunder, and blitz you with an equivalent that works with minor probs, (ans boy I'd say they are working on it as I speak), and then you'll be wishing you had talked to the community.

Imagine a PA3Xpro or Tyros4 with audio loops that work and so on with synth engines and sampling that's second to none, the next generation of Fantom Arrangers, Motif, Korg M3XP Arranger and so on, timing is everything and I hope you have your story right, and get it out there before the big bang.

#35136 - 05/17/10 10:25 PM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Robbo, I certainly agree with you.
Evidently I've been very lucky to have an Audya that I've enjoyed for almost a year.
It's getting better too.
I had been afraid to let go of my Roland backups, but I haven't played either of them in several months now, except to learn a new song now and then when the Audya is left at the job.
I really have to start selling some gear. My office looks like a music store. Looking around I see Roland E80 and E50, Ketron SD5, Yamaha PSR 2k, three controllers, four guitars (haven't played guitar seriously in years), five mixers, 20 or so mics, several PA systems including four assorted Boses (Bosi?), three digital recorders, four computers, and enough pedals, cables, lights, signs, cords, bags, cases, etc. to stock a warehouse.
Maybe I'll have an online garage sale!
Sorry about the rambling. I have too many nights off right now.
DonM

#35137 - 05/18/10 09:13 AM Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:

Hi Don,

we would dearly love to take the plunge to Audya, but I know you'll understand if we dont as yet.

The problem realy is that Ketron dont talk to thier owners and prospective owners in a way that's sensible, and treats with parity on a human level. So come on Ketron whats happening?? I'll keep asking, that is until either Korg or Yamaha steal your thunder, and blitz you with an equivalent that works with minor probs, (ans boy I'd say they are working on it as I speak), and then you'll be wishing you had talked to the community.

Imagine a PA3Xpro or Tyros4 with audio loops that work and so on with synth engines and sampling that's second to none, the next generation of Fantom Arrangers, Motif, Korg M3XP Arranger and so on, timing is everything and I hope you have your story right, and get it out there before the big bang.

Robbo,

There are no doubt many Audya owners like DonM who have had zero problems and there are some who have had problems back to back and cannot appear to be able to get to the bottom of them or get them fixed timely. Problems are popping up that Ketron say they have never heard of. These problems need to be fixed speedily and if that means Ketron shipping faulty parts direct to customer then so be it, the way Ketron do business is not like Yamaha, they don’t have a World Wide comprehensive network of dealers and that’s the problem. People with Audya who support Ketron by buying the KB can live miles from anyone, how do they get to a dealer ??? for parts. Ketron are different and they need to act differently. I am sure they will get up to speed with this. One day! If they get their act together they will sell more KBs.
Regards

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-18-2010).]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online