ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED?

Posted by: NiteLife

ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/23/10 11:16 AM

Hi fellow Audya owners!

Does anyone have any info on when we can get our hands on the New Styles and Solo Voices?

Jim
Posted by: Dusan

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/23/10 11:44 AM

Jim,
like things going on,maby next year or newer...
Hope I am wrong!
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/23/10 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Hi fellow Audya owners!

Does anyone have any info on when we can get our hands on the New Styles and Solo Voices?

Jim

Any time now Jim.
Posted by: leezone

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/23/10 02:20 PM

Tony

how are you privy to this knowledge?

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/23/10 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Tony

how are you privy to this knowledge?

I just do, I hope it's a better source than AJ’s or I will be terribly disappointed, AJ used tarot cards or a crystal ball to help him with the countdown and you know all about that LeeZone, it won’t be long now. My worry is when you get you copy will you have somewhere to put it, you can’t load it on a Bontempi or a Stylophone
Posted by: DonM

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/24/10 09:25 AM

I will have them Monday. I think.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 04-24-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/24/10 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
DonM

Don,

Looks like you will be first with them, good luck Don, don't forget to make sure the UPS is turned on when your loading them on and don't go out shopping whislt they are loading.

Tony

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/26/10 12:22 PM

Quote:
DonM

Don,

Did you get your software as promised, also we are now getting to the bottom of all the lockup problems and HD replacement, I have made it easy now to get a HD fully loaded, plug and play, when I get the sounds I will include them on the HD. I know that you have never started digging around on the HD but people have and removed operation files, a bit like removing parts of Microsoft Operating System, this is bad news if you haven’t made a backup. You should make a backup of all the HD, it is better to take the drive out and put it into a caddy, I am looking to see if there is anyway the HD can be removed without taking the top off, if enough people where interested I could have a tool made to make it like the T3, turn the KB over and a little door would reveal the HD. There is room inside the Audya to do this. I was a little suprised that AJ and Frank never posted anything about the new sounds, I have a feeling they never got them and only got the OS4 upgrade.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 04-26-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/26/10 02:31 PM

It didn't come today. Probably tomorrow.
DonM
Posted by: necdetdoni

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/26/10 03:39 PM

Quote:
DonM

DonM where will you get files??from dealer??

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/26/10 09:41 PM

Quote:
DonM

Don,

I didn't want to dampen your enthusiasm I know how you feel about your Audya, the sounds and extra style you will like, but I thought I knew what was going on with the release and we are a little nearer to Italy in many ways, though we might get it first, but you never know. Getting the HD outside the KB is a must now with USB one and another 2 GB to load, it is possible to do it and I will have it done before the end of this year, available as a kit, cable, housing and screws, dummies guide, short video. Give us the nod when you get it Don, trust you are still getting out and about with the Audya. I still look at the MS but those demos the sound equipment they use to record the MS snippets they must be valve PA sets, sounds even worse when it comes through PC speakers. Do they not know it’s the sounds quality we want to hear, maybe not. Sod the bright colors and the blinding leds that are so bright you can’t see the keys when you are playing in bad light, I think you might get a repetitive eye strain injury playing it. Need to ask James he’s working hard on it, not seen anybody swinging it yet or play one piece cover to cover on a MS.
Good luck with the Audya don’t sell on the samples and styles Don, the copyright police may come faster than the pizza!

Tony

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 04/27/10 09:22 PM

Quote:
DonM

Don,

Who told you you would have the samples and styles on Monday, not AJ, pigs will one day fly!

Tony
Posted by: Robbo

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/01/10 05:09 PM

Don,

the 64k question,, why would you be the test dummy, and why would they send an unfinished sd installer, honestly at times i wonder, surely they have the technical programmers at Ketron and whiz bangs to do this, there is something not quite right here?? and still waiting on the extra styles and sounds SD5/3 Ketron please

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/02/10 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Don,

the 64k question,, why would you be the test dummy, and why would they send an unfinished sd installer, honestly at times i wonder, surely they have the technical programmers at Ketron and whiz bangs to do this, there is something not quite right here?? and still waiting on the extra styles and sounds SD5/3 Ketron please

Robbo,

How big are Ketron down under

Tony

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/02/10 05:54 PM

Hi Don,

I reckon they deff run that is Ketron run a forth to Yamaha, Roland and Korg. But thats not because they are not worthy, they are. However only one distributor in Aus in Sydney thats where I got my SD3 from, so if you could get the price right, and develop the market, along with the stable and improved system sounds and styles they could do way much better. I did,t want to suggest in my previous post Don that you are not more than able to check out improvements on the Ketron's but they do seem to go a long way around the tree at times, don't you think?

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/02/10 10:28 PM

In regard to my previous post I meant

"Tony" a reply not Don, although the last line was in reply to Don

Sorry
Posted by: Nedim

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/02/10 11:03 PM

Quote:
and still waiting on the extra styles and sounds SD5/3 Ketron please

When was that promised? 2004?

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/03/10 04:12 AM

Quote:
In regard to my previous post I meant

"Tony" a reply not Don, although the last line was in reply to Don

Sorry

Robbo,

I think Don was one of the first to have an Audya and he plays it most days not like me, and he giggs. I think he would make a good tester, I think he is objective and would not jump up and down like me if one single thing went wrong.

Tony

BTW Robbo I meant how many Audya are there in Australia

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/03/10 05:17 PM

Tony,

dont know how many in Aus maybe a handfull just too expensive i would think currently, dealer still waiting for updated pricing and details on availability like for the last 4 months at least!!

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/06/10 06:04 AM

What's the countdown at?

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/07/10 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
What's the countdown at?

At:2896 .....days

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/07/10 01:22 PM

great

so tomorrow, 2895 to go
can't wait...

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/10/10 05:42 PM

Do you believe this, after years, i mean many, then the music messe 10, we are still waiting on the final release of the styles and sounds Audya, I can't!!! what is going on Ketron??? Talk to us, we understand when there a problems and developement issues, we are not children, how many are waiting before they make a decision to buy your product, based on this upgrade that was promised. Not just the 4a although that was necessary, and has some great features and fixes, but also the completion of the upgrade. Whats happening with the pricing and the availability of the new product lines? my dealer in Aus must be more frustrated than I am, I call him every two weeks for answers on these questions, he has said at the end of every week for 3 months now that he will have the answers from Ketron. The upgrades to the SD series whats happening there SD5/3? more styles required, a market ready to buy? Come on please, I want to buy your products but it's like you put every block in the way, and by the way for anyone suggesting that I should try the product first, I own an SD3 so I have put up so far, it's time for Ketron to do the same.

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 04:47 AM

AJ. Ketron. Anyone

can someone let us know status of OS4 new loops styles etc.
And when we can expect Audya 4/5 ??

Just a progress report even if release is still long away would be greatly appreciated

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 05-11-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 08:14 AM

I Second That Leezone!

Not much excitement around here lately!

It would be nice if we could get just a spark of info on the rest of 4.0a!

It would give us all something to talk about!

I chatted with Robert Messier on Facebook trying to get a little info. All he would tell me is sometime soon.

What is the exact definition of " Soon " anyways? Do any of you know?

Jim
Posted by: Joe0710

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:

I chatted with Robert Messier on Facebook trying to get a little info. All he would tell me is sometime soon.

What is the exact definition of " Soon " anyways? Do any of you know?

Jim

Hi Jim,

I will not be too sarcastic, but the following statement was made by AJ End of October 2009:

Most of these have been corrected in 3.0 and now in 4.0 (soon to be released).

Joking apart, as I mentioned in another thread, I guess it will be with the release of Audya 4 / 5 in July or August. I gave up dreaming that it will be earlier and I'm very disappointed. Ketron has a major lack in how to deal and how to communicate with/to customers - that is the main problem and I hope that they will not get the bill for that one day. Normally, with this behaviour, a medium sized company in the long run will not survive - especially in this service orientated times.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 05-11-2010).]
Posted by: Machetero

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 10:44 AM

I wish that Ketron follow what KorgUSA do.

There is an executive of Korg, with user name Jerrytehk, that always follow the topics in the Korg Forum, and in time to time provide answers or post new ones.

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 11:37 AM

I agree! We haven't heard anything from AJ for quite a while!

Is he NOT the tech for Ketron?

You could go ahead and email him and wait forever for that too!

I'm very disappointed with Ketron!

I will say however, Frank from Audioworks has been a big help in trying to help me resolve my audio problems with my Audya.

I thank Tony also for his help and guidance with my machine.

Maybe if all us Ketron owners start bitching enough and keep posting our gripes on SynthZone we might hear from AJ.

Any news about anything would be better than NOTHING!

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 12:50 PM

maybe AJ is so busy with OS4 that he doesn't have time to sleep let alone visit the forums

i'd be happy hearing,
"hey guys, due to unforeseen events, software issues, missing audio loops, etc this OS will take longer than expected and MAY be released in 3 months"

honesty please

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/11/10 04:59 PM

Oh no Ketron,

you dont get off lightly with this one, nothing happens generally in this forum unless some serious questioning happens re the releases and fixes with the Ketron products, then all of a sudden a couple of questions come out of the blue. This is the most important thread for Ketron to answer, and i suggest that it needs to be kept at the top of the list, we want answers and we need them, like yesterday,

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/16/10 03:24 AM

Quote:
Oh no Ketron,

you dont get off lightly with this one, nothing happens generally in this forum unless some serious questioning happens re the releases and fixes with the Ketron products, then all of a sudden a couple of questions come out of the blue. This is the most important thread for Ketron to answer, and i suggest that it needs to be kept at the top of the list, we want answers and we need them, like yesterday,

Robbo,

I have sent this link direct to Ketron, I can understand that people are getting tired of excuses from Ketron and I have tried every trick in the book, pleasant & nasty both at the same time and it has made not one jot of difference so I given up and they have beat me. I think this is just the way Ketron work they will move at their own pace no matter what, so I suggest we just wait it’s hellish frustrating especially when you have something wrong with your Audya in guarantee and you can’t get it fixed like Skude, no one has a proper answer and everybody’s guessing. The most frustrating thing is this, you have a problem a real problem you contact someone and the say “We never had that one before” my reply is "well you have now"! I have run out of ideas and I don’t know what the answer is about Audya, what I do know its sound bloody good with the new samples and styles. I am a bit concerned that DonM says he cannot see any more styles on the pre-release version he got. Fingers and legs cross, I have been away in turkey for 11 days and when the KB players turned up at our hotel what do you think he was playing, no not Audya son of Audya the SD1+.

Regards Tony

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/16/10 04:46 AM

Quote:
Oh no Ketron,

Robbo,

I have cut and pasted the whole of this thread to Ketron IT, direct, so they don't need to even click the link, let's wait and
see.

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-16-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/16/10 06:09 AM

Hey Tony, Check out the new thread started by Brian in Ireland. Yes, you guessed it, more Audya problems!!!!!!!!!

I'm still having the Left Channel out problem but thankfully far less often. It played perfect for a WHOLE WEEK! A new record! Yippee.

Frank sent me the backup, but I haven't formatted and re-installed yet! My problems are less frequent and I'm just too nervous about formatting and reinstalling!!

From what I gather, the new HD with the OS installed you sent the one of the other members also didn't correct his problems.

Where has AJ been during all these Audya Problem postings???????????????

WE AUDYA OWNERS NEED HELP " AJ "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/16/10 07:09 AM

Ok guys,
its maby time to say what in fact is going on with ketron.
My opinian (and not only mine)is:Ketron simply cant solve problems vith OS4 and with new Styles and Sounds.That what we can see in Frankfurt is only part of new complit OS4 and cant be release in old Audya.Unboard Hardware is simly to weak.If you cerfol listen demos on Ketron site from Frankfurt in one video Robert say:
"Audya Ram memory is enlarget" and can play all new styles and Sounds.Audyas what we haw cant be expandet cos matherboard hawent slots.
What we can do?What we can do with all promeses from Ketron?
Ketron hawent answer for that and live in silence.
I haw my solucion:
I haw anaf promeses and bad OS wersion who dont setysfie me and haw more new bugs and limitations , and want to bring my Audya back to store.I want my money back and spend them for maby not so good sounding mchine but wit stabile and frendly Software.
Ketron newer again and that I sugest all my musicaly friends.(so sorry for my English,but I am shure you know what I mean)
And just one more thig:
I am 55 years old musician and newer in my life didnt see behaviour like Ketron haw, from any company...

[This message has been edited by Dusan (edited 05-16-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/16/10 09:17 PM

Thanks Tony,

makes the Korg PA2X problem with the led's look like a tea party. Answers required, 1. Is it a hardware problem, or 2. a software problem, or 3 both and 4, whats happening to fix it, and dont say there is nothing wrong, it's obvious that there is.

I had my credit card so ready, i could taste the audya 4, but i'm so glad that I haven't as yet, and it's going to take some enourmous leaps to turn me around, i can tell you.
Posted by: Machetero

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/17/10 07:31 AM

I think that that we are speculating too much.

I don't think that the new sounds/Styles have no been release because hardware issues. DonM and others are testing them and have no report any issues.
No sure is if there software issues either. No body that I know that have the combination OS4a/new sounds/new styles have reported problems. No issues either with styles from other keyboards (SD5 and Midjay).
Bugs ? . For sure. The only software with-out bugs is the one that has been release yet.
My feeling is that Ketron is adding additional content and testing then very fully. remember that that Ketron is no a big company like Yamaha, Roland or Korg. Probably resources are at premium.
My main critical issue is the way that Ketron keep in touch with the customer base. No relation can work with out contact. It will only will take Ketron to design a person to be point of contact for customer worries and concerns.

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/17/10 10:15 AM

Wish I could shed some light. All I know is that the new sounds are great and the styles are smoother and fuller. The polyphony problem in a couple of the style endings seems to have been addressed.
To be honest, I have had some time off work and have been mostly playing golf instead of music.
I know nothing about Ketron's timetable or plans for release of the new material.
I assume they are still adding stuff, but I don't know that for certain.
DonM

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/17/10 08:21 PM

Hi Don,

we would dearly love to take the plunge to Audya, but I know you'll understand if we dont as yet.

The problem realy is that Ketron dont talk to thier owners and prospective owners in a way that's sensible, and treats with parity on a human level. So come on Ketron whats happening?? I'll keep asking, that is until either Korg or Yamaha steal your thunder, and blitz you with an equivalent that works with minor probs, (ans boy I'd say they are working on it as I speak), and then you'll be wishing you had talked to the community.

Imagine a PA3Xpro or Tyros4 with audio loops that work and so on with synth engines and sampling that's second to none, the next generation of Fantom Arrangers, Motif, Korg M3XP Arranger and so on, timing is everything and I hope you have your story right, and get it out there before the big bang.

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/17/10 10:25 PM

Robbo, I certainly agree with you.
Evidently I've been very lucky to have an Audya that I've enjoyed for almost a year.
It's getting better too.
I had been afraid to let go of my Roland backups, but I haven't played either of them in several months now, except to learn a new song now and then when the Audya is left at the job.
I really have to start selling some gear. My office looks like a music store. Looking around I see Roland E80 and E50, Ketron SD5, Yamaha PSR 2k, three controllers, four guitars (haven't played guitar seriously in years), five mixers, 20 or so mics, several PA systems including four assorted Boses (Bosi?), three digital recorders, four computers, and enough pedals, cables, lights, signs, cords, bags, cases, etc. to stock a warehouse.
Maybe I'll have an online garage sale!
Sorry about the rambling. I have too many nights off right now.
DonM

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/18/10 09:13 AM

Quote:

Hi Don,

we would dearly love to take the plunge to Audya, but I know you'll understand if we dont as yet.

The problem realy is that Ketron dont talk to thier owners and prospective owners in a way that's sensible, and treats with parity on a human level. So come on Ketron whats happening?? I'll keep asking, that is until either Korg or Yamaha steal your thunder, and blitz you with an equivalent that works with minor probs, (ans boy I'd say they are working on it as I speak), and then you'll be wishing you had talked to the community.

Imagine a PA3Xpro or Tyros4 with audio loops that work and so on with synth engines and sampling that's second to none, the next generation of Fantom Arrangers, Motif, Korg M3XP Arranger and so on, timing is everything and I hope you have your story right, and get it out there before the big bang.

Robbo,

There are no doubt many Audya owners like DonM who have had zero problems and there are some who have had problems back to back and cannot appear to be able to get to the bottom of them or get them fixed timely. Problems are popping up that Ketron say they have never heard of. These problems need to be fixed speedily and if that means Ketron shipping faulty parts direct to customer then so be it, the way Ketron do business is not like Yamaha, they don’t have a World Wide comprehensive network of dealers and that’s the problem. People with Audya who support Ketron by buying the KB can live miles from anyone, how do they get to a dealer ??? for parts. Ketron are different and they need to act differently. I am sure they will get up to speed with this. One day! If they get their act together they will sell more KBs.
Regards

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-18-2010).]
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/18/10 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
....... One day! If they get their act together they will sell more KBs.

Depends.
The big question are:
Will that day show up before it's too late?

Cheers
GJ

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/18/10 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Depends.
The big question are:
Will that day show up before it's too late?

Cheers
GJ

Jonny,

I do hope so, they just appear to have a bad name for performing and coming up with the goods, I don’t think they are in touch with their customers in any way. It's called bumping along the bottom; I hope they can turn this one around. I would not like to think that in 3 year times they bring out Son of Audya and we are still waiting for updates and bug fixes. I don't want you Jonny waiting to buy my second hand Audya, one owner in perfect working order only 3 years old on EBay

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-18-2010).]

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/18/10 04:25 PM

Hi Don and Tony,

glad to hear Don you have been ok with your Audya, and Tony I know the dealer network is limited with Ketron, but talk is cheap, and there are enough forums around that they could communicate with and to, to get the message out re what's happening.

Re: ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE NEW STYLES AND SOLO VOICES WILL BE RELEASED? - 05/18/10 10:02 PM

Quote:
Hi Don and Tony,

glad to hear Don you have been ok with your Audya, and Tony I know the dealer network is limited with Ketron, but talk is cheap, and there are enough forums around that they could communicate with and to, to get the message out re what's happening.

Your right Robbo, but, I am sure that when people get the new samples and sounds they will be impressed with what Ketron have done and there is much more still going on with this software

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 05-19-2010).]