SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31 >
Topic Options
#351026 - 09/12/12 11:01 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
There might have been a mis-translation somewhere.

As of OS 3.0 and higher, whenever you want to install a new Ketron AUDYA upgrade simply ...

* Remove the old *.mem file (in this case AUDYA41b.mem) from your AUDYA's root directory (you should only have 1 *.mem file at a time in there).

* Copy the new OS file into the AUDYA's root directory (where you deleted the ol file from).

* Turn off AUDYA and while holding down F10 and UNPLUGGED buttons together, turn on. Release once you see the upgrade screen.

*** You do not need to re-install a previous OS in order to install a new one!!

#351027 - 09/12/12 11:01 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Franconia
One of my styles contains a ballad rhythm in variations A and B and a Rockabilly rhythm in variations C and D. When I press the STYLE VIEW I can do modifications on each variation when choosing the SINGLE option. I can change many things but unfortunately I cannot store different tempos for each variation. How can this be done ? Is it possible via REGISTRATION or is there another trick ? I would like to know how this works because I would need this feature also for a waltz/Polka combination in one style where a (slower) waltz is follow by a (faster) Polka in a medley.

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Originally Posted By: alliehoe
Perhaps open the style in the style compiler and in the daw
make the tempo change for the variation you want

Save the style and it should be ok

Hi,

I just tried it the way alliehoe mentioned it and :

IT WORKS !

I suggest to save the style with a new name directly in the appropriate subfolder of the main-folder "user styles"

This can be done via Registrations - you would require 4 different registrations though for just 1 song [not a problem as you can have as many as 9,999.00 Registrations) and as you call up each Registration (after say a drum fill), you will then start the next Arrangement (which has is's new Programmed temp0).

#351028 - 09/12/12 11:02 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Does anybody know if it is possible to create a user style out of 2 different existing styles (e.g. Ballad on variations A and B, Rock`n Roll on variations C and D) without using a computer program ? If not, is there a computer program where this can be simply done ?

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
Yes you can from Edit Pattern of Audya.... Select a User style that you want.

Press EDIT to open Edit Pattern, and if you want to modify this style, or make a NEW STYLE from User 3/8... If you want NEW STYLE after make it, give a name with Keyboards, and press Exit...

Select now again the new style that you have make....
Select a Variation that you want copy, for example VARIATION 1, press F9 (Copy), press F4 to select from any User or preset style the part that want, press EXECUTE to copy....

Play and try if it's ok and press Save.... Your style is ready....

To create a new style, you must first of all access the PATERN EDITOR (by pressing the USER STYLE button, select any styles (using F1-F10) and press EDIT. Preferably, select a style which is already close to what you want to create.

* F1 should display ARR.A, F2 - PARAMETER, F3-MAJOR ... etc.
From this screen you have 2 options - either continue to modify the current style (by copying parts of other styles into this one and later save with a new NAME thus creating a new style), or create an entirely new style by pressing NEW STYLE U3/8.

* Press COPY (F9) and you will see the style to COPY parts from (LEFT COLUMN) and the style (yours) to COPY parts to (RIGHT COLUMN).

* Press F2 to highlight the Arranger Part (A, B...) from whom you want to copy a part or GLOBAL.

* Press F7 to highlight the Arranger part (A, B..) to which you want to copy a part or GLOBAL.

* Press F4 to select the style from which you want to copy parts. The style display page will be shown and you can use F1-F10 to select your style. After selection, AUDYA will return you to the PATTERN EDITOR page.

* F5 displays the name of the style you are copying FROM while F10 dispays the name of the style (yours) you are copying to and since you are already in the style,F2, F9 and F10 are not active in this mode.

* Press EXECUTE (U5/10) to COPY.. When done, press EXIT (U1/6) to get back to the PATTERN EDITOR MAIN PAGE.

* Test and repeat and when done, simply press SAVE and give it a new name with the keyboard.

This should do it ... same as what Sokratis 1974 mentioned above - just with a little more details!

I found finally out how to integrate external styles in the user styles. It is necessary to copy them (e.g. via PC)into the existing folders. Then when you have pressed the USER STYLE button you can choose the new styles out of the user styles in the different styles banks very easily. Combining styles is no problem then when following AJS instructions.

#351029 - 09/12/12 11:02 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

If you are looking for a perfect stand for your Audya 4, here it is, the K&M 28075 MIXER STAND:

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/product?xf69dc=4dmrmdesi8mih0usol8v202ol6&info=338

You just need to cut out the access to the power plug on the left side which is not a big deal.

#351030 - 09/12/12 11:03 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Your performance on the keyboard can be recoded instantly into ...

1. WAVE (Simply press MENU - AUDIO RECORDING - WAVE, name the song and press START REC. You can then use the START/STOP to initiate your style ...etc. When done, press STOP REC. By default, AUDYA should return you to the folder (in this CASE wave) where the type of file you just recorded resides. This file is instalty ready to go and if you press ENTER (as file is highlighted) your file starts to play.

2. MP3 (same as wave above, but with MP3 being selected initially.

3. MIDI (similar to above, but if you record with any WAVE Drums or AUIO bass/guitar, these parts will not be recorded ... unless you go back and use the REMIX feature!

4. MACRO REC (this records ALL activity on the keyboard (including change from ARR, A, B, C ...Fills, swtching voices ...etc). This is great for file exchange between AUDYAs.

#351031 - 09/12/12 11:22 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Machetero
Need some info:

1- Have any body upgrade RAM on their Audya5-Audya4 (the standard is 64 mb with option to go as hight as 250 mb) ?

2- What kind of SIMMS the Audya use?

3- It have to be purchase from Ketron or can be purchase from a third party?

4- $$$$$ ????

Originally Posted By: Sokratis 1974
The new 4.2a support RAM expansion.....
I think in Audya 4&5 will have 256 RAM....
In Audya 76 128 RAM....
However I am not absolutely sure about this...

You will be able to upgrade AUDYA 4 and 5's memory regardless of if you have the AJAMSONIC upgrade/package or not, so no, you do not need to have the AJAM upgrade before you get the RAM expansion, but it will help to have it.

It will be available on one of the AJAM options so in that case, you won't need to purchase another memory expansion card again.

Sokratis is on the right path with regards to the upgrade mentioned above - however the memory package compatibility for each unit will depend on it's seial number.

#351032 - 09/12/12 11:22 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade of pale
does anybody finfd the output of the Audya series to be kind of low , do you have to adjust global eq and level?

Originally Posted By: shay_el
Go to menu -> keyboard control -> f1 --> sound card level. Up to. 63

#351033 - 09/12/12 11:23 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: shay_el
Half bar fills - I'm not sure if is it possible on audya 5 Maybe AJ know ?!?!?!

Originally Posted By: Shade of pale
you might be able to do that by hitting the restart button at half bar of the part before the part where u want to half bar fill( it still will be full bar fill, but since u cut the previous bar in half, in effect it works), good example try playing "Desperado" it works for me.

#351038 - 09/13/12 12:08 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: NiteLife
The e-mails I received from Darren, helped me with two specific problems.

1. Audio output, Right or Left Channel not working.

2. Dirty Contact in the KeyBed.

If any of you have either of these two issues, maybe this will help.

First you need to know how to take the top off of the Audya and not be afraid to get into it.

With the top open, you'll need to support it upright. If you try to lay it flat it will put stress on the ribbon cables running from the bottom half to the top half of the case.

The wires, I believe 4 of them, that run from the soundcard to the top right pcb is where the audio out problem occur's.

The connector on the top needs to be unplugged and the connector prongs need to be cleaned with Alcohol and a Q-Tip.

About two inches out from that connector, you'll need a wire retainer clip that has a sticky base to stick on the case. A small zip tie is then used to secure the wires to the retaining clip. This prevents the connection from moving, wiggling, vibrating ECT. It forces a tight bond between the male and Female ends of the connector.

2. Dirty contact's in the Key Bed.

If you have this problem, here is a link to a video that will offer some help on cleaning the contact's and contact surface on the PCB.

The video show's work on a Kurzweil, however the contact system is very similar to the Audya.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdWLspNBOWU

I hope this helps.

Jim

#351039 - 09/13/12 12:37 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: dreamer85
The Groove Bank:
- Is a mono sampled "percussions".
- They are previously sliced.
- They are in the ROM of the instrument.

The Audio Drum:
- Is CD-quality audio file (44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo).
- The are a intact file sync with the bpm tempo.
- You can put in the Audya your own Wav files (User Audio Drums).

Originally Posted By: dreamer85
Yes, the groove bank is it read only.

The groove bank appeared to complete with more realism the MIDI styles, with "live percussions".

In Audya, we can have a Style playing:

-> AUDIO DRUM + MIDI DRUM + GROOVE BANK (simultaneously!!!)
or
-> AUDIO DRUM + MIDI DRUM + MIDI DRUM2 (simultaneously!!!)

Page 5 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online