SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
#408213 - 09/12/15 05:32 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Very good news for Audya owners:

Soon the market will be flooded with affordable, extremely high quality audio styles, using everything available on-board to max capacity, for the Audya series. It's about high time that the Audya gets updated styles using it to it's fullest extend, highlighting what it REALLY can do.

Attachment included to wet your appetite. Watch this space for more detail. Read more here.

Cheers,

Henni

#408263 - 09/14/15 12:42 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi,

From around the world, over here, on other forums & by email I receive personal reports of some styles not working properly.

There is a DEFINITE problem with the latest OS & be prepared that sooner or later it is going to bite you. When that happens, do not hesitate to go back to the last good & also best OS yet & that is OS 5.2.

Just so you all know,

Henni

#408405 - 09/16/15 04:17 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

How to go about getting your own high quality styles for your Audya:

It's going to take me awhile to create a web page. In the meantime, go HERE. Note that there is more than one page. There is a text file named "How to order styles" Read it on how to proceed.

If you have any questions, send me an PM or mail to buildtofly@yahoo.com Please do NOT discuss your questions over here.

Things will get & look more professional over time. Please be patient.

Regards,

Henni

#408565 - 09/19/15 09:05 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I suspect there are two things wrong with Ketron's operating system:

1. OS5.3D Definitely would not load certain older styles correctly, not even add on styles by Ketron themselves. Some had to re-install styles they purchased from Ketron.

2. OS5.2A Best OS yet, but I suspect any styles created by using this OS can only be played by others using the same OS. Somehow Ketron writes the OS info into the styles. Most likely, because this OS sort of worked for the users but not for Ketron, it is not official & no trace of it can be found from Ketron.

It seems that Ketron is trying to protect it's onboard styles & in doing so, they completely ignored the possibilities of 3rd party styles. Not a good approach for any arranger manufacturer,

Here are some links to verify all of the above:

Discussion 01

Discussion 02

Discussion 03

Henni

#408739 - 09/22/15 11:01 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Good news! I decided to make my 1st batch of HIQ_Styles available for free to all. Here they are. Tell me what you think of them.

Just copy all the folders over the existing folders in the user styles in your Audya.

Cheers,

Henni

#410154 - 10/25/15 11:48 PM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Find some new high quality styles & demos for the Audya here. Keep on visiting this thread as the style database is growing daily.

Cheers,

Henni

#412745 - 12/08/15 07:41 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Read more on how to create a new style here.

Cheers,

Henni

#413228 - 12/18/15 07:24 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
kierc.0857 Offline

Is it possible to connect 2 midi devices to the audya?, in my case a midi keyboard and midi guitar to my Audya 4 module?

#416340 - 02/09/16 10:22 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: kierc.0857]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: leezone
Henni

Q: do you have a page. website where we can preview all at once? woudl be alot easier.
A: Find ALL HIQ style demos here

Q: seems i have to sift through tons of pages on this thread to listen to them
A: Find ALL HIQ style demos here

Q: also, can you explain process of how you create?
do you just convert yamaha or korh styles,
A: Yes. The SD7 styles i.e. takes some doing to convert - I invite anyone to try...

Q: and then just tweak the instruments?
A: Yes

Q: do you include any NEW audio drums on these styles? use exisiting audio drums,
A: NO!!! I am NOT interested in & neither able to create new audio drum loops. If you want new audio drums, then HIQ styles will not be your cup of tea - so pass it by instead! There are more than enough to choose from in the current library - On some styles I've used existing midi drums for intros & endings with already existing audio drums for the rest. I always try for full audio drums initially. Note however that I've tried to keep the SD7 styles as original as possible. Hence I do not call those HIQ styles as I do with the rest.

Q: or just midi? etc
A: I've included MANY other audio parts in all of these styles. They are a combination of the best original midi parts plus the best on-board Audya audio parts.

thx

#424730 - 08/12/16 01:30 AM Re: * * * AUDYA TIPS & TRICKS & FAQ* * * [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi,

this is a short review of my impressions on AJAMSONIC ( SSD-Version ).

1. Installation was absolutely no problem ( ok, it wasn´t the first time I opened my Audya5 and changed the hd / ssd )
The delivered IDE / SSD adaptor caused a few errors ( init-phase, reading errors, system hangups ), so I replaced it with mine, no more problems so far.

2. One of my favourite styles ( „*Polka“ from the ballroom-section, Ketron PenUpdate 2011 ) didn´t work correct ( no Bass in Var A and C ). After a new installation oft the 2011-stick it worked again… until I changed the „ins. Autoload“ to the „all_128A.rbk“.
So I added the relevant Instruments ( Bass&Guit + Italostrat.ins ) manually to he „piano-ins“ page. Trying to save this new setup didn´t work, no idea why. So I changed the all… with a hex editor, now everything is working fine.

3. All my “startup” settings ( splitpoint, tabs and so on. ) were gone, I had to do a lot of work again. After thinking a few minutes about it it´s quite normal that these settings will go lost…nevertheless :
A hint in the installation manual would be helpful to write down all relevant settings PRIOR starting the update wink.

4. I can´t load any oft he *.msp files ( arpeggio ), I always get an „msp system error“. I´ve got approx. 40 MBs of free ram, so normally this should work. Adding „normal“ .ins files works without problems. The „clean all“ feature didn´t work as well.
Meanwhile AJ told me that this problem is caused by the Audya´s operating system, it´s a "known bug"

5. Even though I won´t need a lot of from the new styles, they sound great.
6. The voices : I really LOVE the AJAM_SPARK_FM and AJAM SPARKLIGHT, as well as AJ BLOWTNR UP, JAZZ CONT BEND, AJAM CLASSIC BN ( Flute ).
The AJAM CLARINET B is a nice Idea, but the reaction is much too slow. I´ve to press the key at least 0,5 seconds prior I want the sound to be played ( the „running up“ starts too late )
7. The startup time is more than 5 minutes, that should really be shortened ( especially, if the Audya get´s a hangup it´s a very long time. Disabling ins.autoload is not the best solution… )
8. The added mp3 files look a bit like “copied from somewhere and pasted to the ssd”. Some with ID3-tags, others without any… I know that anybody has it´s own structure ( sorted by date, name, interpret, folders… ). But this collection looks a bit like “chaos”.
9. The same with the midi files. I started only a few of them, some seem to be very good, others quite bad.
10. A few “SFX” Sounds missing ( like dog2 )
11. DJ-Loop Folder “Music” missing
12. I couldn´t see the DVDs on my dvd-player ( on PC everything is working fine ), maybe caused to the US-NTSC format, in Europe, especially Germany, we use PAL. Or it may be caused by the region-code.
13. Switching Registrations takes a lot ( TOO MUCH !!! ) time, sometimes up to 3 seconds ! I didn´t use registrations on my "old system" so I don´t have an idea if it´s a specific AJAMSONIC problem wink
On my bluray-player everything works fine now.
I only took a little sneak-view. No time to view it completely so far.

Let me continue with a few thoughts how to promote the Audya / Ajam a better way.

The best advertising results from customers that are satisfied with their product. Audya has so much features that are explained… NOT ! ( I din´t watch the complete AJAMSONIC DVD right now, forgive me If it´s explained there ! )
How to use the sampler ? Keytunes, Intelligent transpose, remix live guitars, VoiceSet / Regload modes, difference between factory and custom startup and so on.
A DVD ( like AJs ) is one way, but like for Yamaha keyboards there sould be some books available that explain in detail any setting possible. And give EXAMPLES, how to use that !
Another important fact is : We need a very good demonstrator ( I only can talk about Germany ! ). Sombody who´s a very good player ( as AJ seems to be one ) AND who can elate / inspire the audience. Maybe making a few jokes, and of course able to explain and demonstrate ANYTHING Audya can do.
I saw a video on YT ( as far as I remember with Robert Messier, where he was talking about how to create own Audio-styles ( something about “superstition” from Steve Wonder) ). But it was not shown HOW TO DO that.
I think English language in a book won´t be a big problem, if somebody has problems he could use google translator ( sometimes with funny results I must admit laugh )

As a conclusion : For ME the AJAMSONIC was worth almost any Cent it cost, but there´s still place for a few improvements.

The only thing I need is much more time to use my Audya, but I don´t earn my money with making music wink

Originally Posted By: Ketron_AJ
Working on it...

???

Everyone over here knows that I am a GREAT fan of Ketron as well as AJAMSONIC products, so I have no agenda or time for sensation seeking and/or badmouthing these products in any way!

However:

I also considered changing the rbk on my Audya file using a hex editor & surely this is easy to do. But!!!

Here's the current situation I find myself in:

Currently, with the AJAMSONIC upgrade installed, MSP files can * * * ONLY * * * be loaded on start-up & * * * ONLY * * * through the activated rbk file. I can no longer load MSPs myself to listen to them before deciding which ones to put in the current rbk file using a hex editor.

This is a * * * MAJOR * * * defect as I can no longer use those wonderful MSP sounds to my personal taste. Someone ought to * * * FIX * * * this & JUST as is the case with styles, I suspect it has once again only to do with copy protection.

Good heavens, the price we users have to pay for others to copy protect their work!!! It is hilariously silly really compared to for instance Yamaha!

Come on you culprits responsible for this. * * * YOU BROKE IT * * * It WAS working perfectly. Now * * * PLEASE FIX IT * * * so that we can once again sing our praises to your products as we used to openly!!! Keeping silent on the issue is not going to do anyone any good.

I do coding for serious process automation systems for a living. If do do something similar & do not fix it immediately, I would be fired!!!

Henni

To be continued - hopefully...

Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online