SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#349890 - 08/29/12 01:44 PM Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
They will be arriving the end of September......
Both are Black with 64 MB of Flash Rom Expansion.

The PSRS950 will now have "Audio Style Technology" which allows for real, live drum and percussion tracks within the style with real time stretch tecnology to allow for tempo changes without messing up the styles.

The PSRS950 will now have "Vocal Harmony 2" which features 3 part vocal harmony.

Both models will feature "real Distortion DSP" to apply the most realistic distortion and overdrive effects for Electric Pianos and Guitars.

Both will have 128 Note Polyphony

Both will have "Audio Link Multi Pads" which will allow triggering of loops direct from USB drives of WAV audio.

Both have newly redisigned Speaker Boxes featuring Digital Amp and Digital EQ for and an Extended Low frequency enhancement as well.

Audio processing- Center Cancel and Looping which allows you to set up repeat points of audio files and the center cancel feature eliminates vocals.

The PSR750 states that it will now include Super Articulation voices and I assume the 950 will have more but as of now there are no full spec sheets available yet.

The 950 will retail at $2499 and MAP at $1899
The 750 will retail at $1499 and MAP at $1199

Stay tuned for more information.
(Retired 2021)

#349891 - 08/29/12 01:55 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

This is a quote from the Yamaha email I received a few minutes ago:

"In addition to the above, the PSR-S950 features Yamaha's new Audio Style technology that brings live drums and percussion to Yamaha’s Guitar Enhanced Style engine and now supports MP3 playback ⎯ both customer-requested. From Tyros4, Vocal Harmony 2 augments your singing with 3-part harmonies and effects. The PSR-S950 can put your favorite song (audio) in the key of your choice with a very cool pitch shift feature that lets you change the key without changing the tempo, and includes a Vocal Cancel function."
(Retired 2021)

#349892 - 08/29/12 01:56 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
George Kaye Offline

Here's a bit more from the email:

". Both PSR-S750 and PSR-S950 feature a larger speaker box for a full, powerful sound with deep lows and clear highs, highly efficient amplifiers with significantly reduced energy consumption and Flash ROM that expands the Voices and Styles ⎯ including Audio Styles on PSR-S950 ⎯ from Yamaha's ever-growing library. Both are pro-class digital music workstations with stellar sounds and mixing capabilities."
(Retired 2021)

#349893 - 08/29/12 02:33 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
Beakybird Offline

Thanks George! That's so exciting! It sounds like there's going to be a lot of new stuff.

It looks like the MAP for the new keyboard is somewhat more than the S910.

#349895 - 08/29/12 04:06 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Wow...! The PSR's get "Audio Style Technology" and "Audio Link Multi Pads" before the Tyros line does.

Are we seeing the demise of the TOTL as the showcase for new technology, and the move towards the MOTL as flagship?

#349899 - 08/29/12 04:30 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Actually what I think is more exciting Diki is that Yamaha with all their resources behind it are getting into Audio Style tech....Will be really cool to see the development..Although I do note it is only drums and percussion at this stage, still, better than nothing..

Maybe that could be part of Korgs' big announcement as well, some new audio tech of some sort???

#349901 - 08/29/12 04:31 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks George,

I'm looking forward to hearing them live and in person when they become available in my area of the world. From your description they really sound like winners.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#349911 - 08/29/12 04:59 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I only hope that Yamaha either include software to easily slice your own loops and get them in sync, or adopt an industry standard like REX or Apple Loops. If they adopt a proprietary format (like they have for their sampler section multi-sample data), the selection and price for any new loops is going to be a bottleneck.

I think this is what is doing in the Ketron... It is WAY past time that easy tools to put your own 'Live Loop' sounds into the Ketron should be available.

I guess my only misgiving about the whole thing is, will Yamaha concentrate on these drum loops rather than continue to improve the MIDI kits themselves? It's an area Yamaha are currently pretty weak on (compared to most others, IMO). They started to get a bit better with the new kits in the T4, but this might distract them. And, you are faced with the same problem that the Ketron has... The audio drumloops are SO good, if you have a style (think just how many legacy Yamaha styles are floating out there) without the loops, it is going to be a bit of a letdown in comparison.

But easy import of audio loops (synced audio multipads is a great idea!) might be the very thing that gets the kids interested in arrangers again. Just imaging the vast library of modern dance music loops out there right now. Dubstep, house, you name it! If anything can get kids back into arrangers, this is IT!

#349912 - 08/29/12 05:00 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: George Kaye]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Smart move of Yamaha Audio Style Technology. Looks very interesting. Maby I am going back to Yamaha smile

#349913 - 08/29/12 05:02 PM Re: Yamaha just announced new PSRS950 & PSRS750 [Re: Diki]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Diki
I only hope that Yamaha either include software to easily slice your own loops and get them in sync, or adopt an industry standard like REX or Apple Loops. If they adopt a proprietary format (like they have for their sampler section multi-sample data), the selection and price for any new loops is going to be a bottleneck.

I think this is what is doing in the Ketron... It is WAY past time that easy tools to put your own 'Live Loop' sounds into the Ketron should be available.

I guess my only misgiving about the whole thing is, will Yamaha concentrate on these drum loops rather than continue to improve the MIDI kits themselves? It's an area Yamaha are currently pretty weak on (compared to most others, IMO). They started to get a bit better with the new kits in the T4, but this might distract them. And, you are faced with the same problem that the Ketron has... The audio drumloops are SO good, if you have a style (think just how many legacy Yamaha styles are floating out there) without the loops, it is going to be a bit of a letdown in comparison.

But easy import of audio loops (synced audio multipads is a great idea!) might be the very thing that gets the kids interested in arrangers again. Just imaging the vast library of modern dance music loops out there right now. Dubstep, house, you name it! If anything can get kids back into arrangers, this is IT!

+1 rocker

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online