SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#349433 - 08/20/12 10:53 PM Hooked my Audya to our sound system
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Last night I hooked my Audya to our sound system as I've only used earphones up to now. We have a very powerfull system as we use it for outdoor open air outreaches only.

All I can say is WOW!!! Even Monica could not believe what she heard. We have heard NOTHING like it to this day.

There's only one way to describe it: a real band playing. It was hard to believe that it was my very own fingers controlling all of that!!!

The drums are in a league of it's own. And then those live guitars...

No equalizer tweaking required like with my Yamahas. Every single instrument stands out and sounds crisp & clear. No plastic, muffled sound like we are used to.

As soon as I can afford (after all these software upgrades) I'll get a proper video camera with an audio input & I'll start capturing some videos of the music part of our next open air outreaches and post some footage to show off the Audya.

In the meantime, I want to thank Ketron out of my heart for creating this truly AMAZING arranger. I cannot believe that I've been without a Ketron product up to now. And to think how hard I worked to modify all those super fantastic Ketron styles for the Yamaha community and today I have the REAL thing!!!

I'm going to make a statement that you will not understand and you'll laugh at me. When I read the Audya manual, I feel GOOD. When I listen to the Audya, I feel GOOD. When I visit the Ketron website I feel GOOD. When I modified those Ketron styles for my Yamaha, I felt GOOD. I cannot describe it, but everything about this Ketron product just makes me feel GOOD. It's like it's made to gell with my nature - honestly, I'm at my right mind, sober and this is the only way for me to describe this.

I'm not saying their service is excellent - I really do not know. But there's something about Ketron that makes me feel GOOD. And I'm not ashamed to say so. Maybe their kind of styles are to my liking, maybe the way they create things are to my liking. I don't know and I don't need to know. It's nice to feel GOOD and that will suffice.

I am elated & it shows. And every day I discover something new on my Audya that blows me away all over again. AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! We tried to focus on the Hillsong stuff lately with my Yamaha, but with the Ketron, even the oldies are becoming alive again and I've allready created quite a few registries for those.

Keep well all,
Henni

#349440 - 08/21/12 01:15 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Henni

I think it is great you are so thrilled with your Audya. I have always felt the same way about the sound of mine.

Bernie

#349448 - 08/21/12 06:17 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

hear this Tony? smile

i think those that don't think much of this keyboard
have never really hooked it up to a REAL PA.

i have used all 3, korg, yamaha, ketron on my same PA
and there's NO comparison,

but this is just 1 man's opinion, or maybe 2,3,4

#349487 - 08/21/12 01:39 PM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: leezone]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: leezone

i think those that don't think much of this keyboard
have never really hooked it up to a REAL PA.

It's not the sound that made most dislikes and complaints about Audya as far as I know, or is it?

coffee

#349508 - 08/21/12 09:29 PM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny
...It's not the sound that made most dislikes and complaints about Audya as far as I know, or is it?

I remember inititially how the live guitars were critisized for dropping in & out because they cannot "follow all the types of chords". Nonsense, I experience nothing major like that & I regulary play my share of "odd" chords. And the one or two odd instances where this happens does not bother me or effect our music in the least.

Next I remember how streaming from the HD was critisized. Nonsensense, al my audio parts play in synch & that with OS20C only. Yes, If I listen very careful, I can hear the odd out of beat drum bit every now & then, but so does a live band sound and for me this makes the Audya more live.

Restoration DVDs are available. Many who had problems could have solved theirs in this way. AJ's new HD upgrade has been around for a while & some allready testified of the problems that it solved - it's all right here, on this forum. If one still has problems after installing this, then one can know for a fact that it is hardware related and start cleaning ribbon contacts like suggested over here that solved problems for most complainers.

Look at Nitelife. He had a major problem. Instead of just bad mouthing Ketron, he actually DID something about it. And now he ranks amongst some of the most satisfied Ketron customers. I read the contineous stream of negative comments from those regular naggers that gave up before trying anything themselves. Well, they are loosing out big time now. No T4 can ever make up for an Audya. It's a nice very arranger, but still plastic in comparison.

The negative hype about the Audya was way out of proportion. This is one stunning arranger indeed. And the support I've received through this forum in the short time I've had mine is also stunning. I am well satisfied.

I can very well remember the furious attacks against Ketron even just before they launched the Audya. Such verbal abuse... I cannot blame them from having a deaf ear now.

Yes, they are slow in what they do & promise. But what they've accomplished with the Audya surpass even the most creative ideas the competition have to offer, even after nearly four years.

Every time I play mine, I'm blown away with the fact that anyone could even come up with this idea, let alone make it work. I'm really amazed that other manufacturers have not yet followed suite. But then, I'm totally convinced that Ketron are allready busy with something even more awesome and that they will not be surpassed in any way or form even though they are often critisezed for being a "small company".

Ketron, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Keep well all,
Henni

#349543 - 08/23/12 12:21 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Henni]
cakemog Offline

Hi Henni - GREAT to read all your positive Audya comments, nothing like finding exactly what you need and love.
You said above 'how hard I worked to modify all those super fantastic Ketron styles for the Yamaha community' - are those converted styles available from you for T4???
Keep the positive comments coming Henni - this forum needed a shot in the arm!! Carl

#349547 - 08/23/12 02:19 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: cakemog]
Henni Offline

Hi Carl, yes, they are. And all of them now use mega guitar voices which made a huge difference. They are available for download over at the PSRTuturial forum under Henni's style collection.

http://psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/henni.html

If you cannot find, I can look for them at home & email to you.

Of course they can even be tweaked more for the T4, but I have no interest in Yamaha's for the moment. They are great, but the Audya surpasses them in just about every way, and especially now that AJ added those AWESOME T4 choir voices to the Audya library!!!

Keep well my friend,
Henni

#349559 - 08/23/12 08:43 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Henni]
cakemog Offline

Hi Henni - thanks a lot for your prompt reply.
Found your styles at psrtutorial.
I'm not much of a tech guy - a bit confused as neraly all your converted styles at psrtutorial seem to be for the PSR-3000. Are they all compatible with my T4??? Sorry to ask again Henni!! Carl

#349567 - 08/23/12 11:37 AM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: Henni]
leezone Offline

"and especially now that AJ added those AWESOME T4 choir voices to the Audya library!!!"

really?

AJ can you post samples?
were they sampled from T4? same?
it's "cool" to do that? hmmm

i'd love to hear them voices coming from the AUDYA

#349603 - 08/23/12 09:20 PM Re: Hooked my Audya to our sound system [Re: cakemog]
Henni Offline

Hi Carl,

Anything for the PSR3000 will play just fine on a T4. However, because of the T4's better voices, these styles can now even be enhanced more. But it takes quite some time & effort.

I've now sold my Yamaha (I'm totally sold out to my Audya), so you'll have to do yourself. However, they should sound just super on your T4 as is. Go give them a try...

Keep well my friend,
Henni

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online