SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349932 - 08/29/12 09:27 PM Yamaha starting to see the light
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...PSRS#Post349890

Audio drums and multipads are now included as standard. They also do wave file stretching & pitching (sure they've learned this from Ketron).

They've realized you cannot fight or compete with a brilliant idea. However, Ketron is so far ahead with this that I doubt if they'll ever catch up. And I'm convinced that Ketron has got something major up their sleeve as well. Those guys are creative to the extreme & I admire them for it.

Ketron might not be able to compete price wise, but then the Audya is one well built, solid arranger. Just maybe Ketron will also bring out a cheaper, baby version that includes all their technology, who knows.

This is great news to all us arranger players - it gets better & better all the time! I suspect we'll yet see many updates to become available for the Audya series.

AJ proved that the operating system allows i.e. adding the fantastic T4 like choir voices. Who knows what else will be added in future...

Keep well all,

Henni

#349952 - 08/30/12 02:50 AM Re: Yamaha starting to see the light [Re: Henni]
dreamer85 Offline

Loc: Portugal
Henni

Remember, Audio Drums in Ketron Audya is real-time HD streaming! Dont need RAM memory!

Lionel

#349956 - 08/30/12 04:07 AM Re: Yamaha starting to see the light [Re: dreamer85]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By: dreamer85
...Remember, Audio Drums in Ketron Audya is real-time HD streaming! Dont need RAM memory...

Hi Lionel,

What effect does this have? Can the Yamaha samples then not be as extensive because of ram limitations? I'm not at all interested in the S950, just curious as to how much of a competitor it might be for the Audya.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#350024 - 08/31/12 03:08 AM Re: Yamaha starting to see the light [Re: Henni]
dreamer85 Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi Henni

The diference is in Audya, no loading's is need, and the only limitation is in teory the size of the HDD.

The Ketron-X series (2001) was the first ketron keyboard with real percution samples (groove).

Lionel

#350027 - 08/31/12 03:20 AM Re: Yamaha starting to see the light [Re: dreamer85]
Henni Offline

Hi Lionel,

Tx for your answer. I've read somewhere that the S950's onboard memory is no bigger than that of the A2000 series (I think 64MB or so) - not enough for any serious audio samples.

Thus, there is not even the slightest hint of any competition bar the fact that Yamaha is at least starting to investigate proven Ketron ideas and highly technical formulas & calculations.

Ketron took a bold move and started out on a full on product of this then as yet umproved idea. And then everyone blamed them for the lessons learned and rectified over time.

Not even a major company like Yamaha is prepaired to risk more than but a limited apllication of this now well proven Ketron idea. (And remember, it's now four years later...)

My hat off once again to Ketron. You guys are in a league of your own!!!

Keep well all my friends. It's nearly weekend & then I'll give you all a well deserved break from my continuous ramblings. :-)

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online