SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349196 - 08/16/12 10:20 AM River Flows in you made on Garage Band
Jez Offline

Loc: India
Hi,
A quick arrangement of "River flows in you" on my iPad .
River flows in you

Used the Garage Band software to create this song. Didn't use any Midi controller; just fingers on the screen.

Apple would do reasonably well if it got into creating software arrangers wink

Auron Music

#349204 - 08/16/12 04:12 PM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Jez]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Who needs an arranger???

#349213 - 08/17/12 12:47 AM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Jez]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Have you used Garage Band, Tony? It's not a realtime thing like the arranger is.

#349230 - 08/17/12 06:27 AM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: tony mads usa]
Jez Offline

Tony, a ready to use arranger feature...thats one thing they left out of Garage Band. But its possible to create multitrack arrangements much faster than say a sequencing software etc. can. Ofcourse, it has its limitations but its possible to simulate the arranger`s accompaniments using some neat instruments called "Smart Instruments" . Just enter the chords you would need. Record the chord progressions on the Smart Instruments(Piano, Bass, Strings and Guitar)with the variation(4 variations per smart instrument) and voila.. you have an accompaniment track that behaves just like a song`s backing band.

And talking of songs I just added one more. Check it out
Where have all the flowers gone ?

Wish you a great weekend !!

Auron Music

#349231 - 08/17/12 06:59 AM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Diki]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Diki
Have you used Garage Band, Tony? It's not a realtime thing like the arranger is.

Diki ... I haven't, but I know it is not an arranger ... wink
I was just stretching the point that in today's environment we have the ability to make music on soooo many devices ... juggle

#349246 - 08/17/12 01:49 PM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Jez]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you think Garage Band is good, you need to take a serious look at Ableton Live. Basically, everything that Garage Band does, plus a boatload more, AND the ability to trigger all the loops and clips by MIDI or USB controller surface.

No.... not a chord following arranger, but a way to interactively trigger all the loops live, in realtime.

An amazing program.

#349249 - 08/17/12 03:19 PM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Jez]
Dnj Online   content

I am pretty sure my Mixcraft program does all that also...

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

#349253 - 08/17/12 06:01 PM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Diki]
Jez Offline

Thanks Diki. I did try the Ableton Live Lite that came along with my M-Audio controller. It`s quite a sophisticated music creation software. It was a hard time figuring out how to get basic things done without reading through the "help". I have heard that its one of the best tools out there in music production especially for live stuff.

For an amateur like me, I found the Garage band interface to be simple and intuitive to layout tracks quickly. Its very limited feature and sound wise compared to a Live or Logic but for the iOS, this is the closest I got to creating a song like on a hardware arranger.

I still have the Live installed on my PC; I`ll give another look at the help or tutorials available to see how its done. I`m sure more detailed arrangements are possible on the Live !

Have a great weekend !!

Warm Regards,
Jez

#349254 - 08/17/12 06:03 PM Re: River Flows in you made on Garage Band [Re: Dnj]
Jez Offline

That`s a nice one Donny !! Its not that expensive either compared to other big guys in music sequencing software. smile

Thanks.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online