SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349244 - 08/17/12 12:33 PM USB Midi Problem
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I was performing today and lost the midi connection between my laptop and SD2 module.

I am using an M-audio Uno with the midi in connected to a five pin midi plug to the in jack of the module, and USB connection to the laptop.

I tried rebooting the laptop, turning the module on and off, and reinserting connections. I noticed the laptop went into sleep mode after I had been using it. That's when trouble started.

It finally started working again after much fiddling. Maybe I need a refresher on the starting sequence of the components or another interface.

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Bernie

#349245 - 08/17/12 01:04 PM Re: USB Midi Problem [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Whenever using a laptop for music applications, I always turn OFF screen savers, virus protectors, power regulators etc. Make sure hard drives NEVER tun off or idle, make sure the screen is always on, no interruptions at all. Turn off the internet if you have it and just do the music.

#349247 - 08/17/12 02:14 PM Re: USB Midi Problem [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks UD, I think the screen interruption was at least part of the problem, although, I hooked it up at home and the Uno didn't work.

I had an old Midisport 2x2, downloaded the Win 7 driver,VOILA. Eventhough the Uno didn't require a driver(plug and play), the Midisport fired right up.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online