SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349176 - 08/15/12 10:50 PM In case you've never bothered...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

I like to play with styles. I made many conversions myself for the Yamaha series.

Last night I started with some simple changes on the Audya which has a TREMENDOUS effect & it's so easy to do.

This is not new for most, but I believe many have not bothered to try yet.

1. I selected one of the older SD styles that I liked. I simply went to style view mode, selected channel 6 and next listened to and then selected a different live guitar pattern for every variation. Next I set the various volume levels to my liking.

2. I did same for channel 5, only this time there are some other audio loops to select from.

3. Next I replaced the drum track with a audio one - there are many to choose from.

4. Give my new style a name & saved it to HD.

VIOLA!!! I ended up with a brand new style that's completely to my personal liking and it was a breeze to accomplish. I fully intend to just about change every single style I'm going to use in this way.

Another nice trick I see in many of the Audya demos is to start a style with live guitars only. Then, after a short while, use a fill and bring in the drums and the rest of the style using the sliders. I fully intend to use this method a lot throughout our permances.

I say again, most of you knew all of this. Not trying to sound clever, just a little over enthusiastic right now. Style modifications were never this easy on my Yamaha...Heck, I do not even need to go to any style edit mode. Plus, looking from my Yamaha viewpoint, I now have four different audio multipads to select and assign to each variation of any style I choose - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Now I must find out how to copy complete intros & endings from other styles to the one's I've modified.

This Audya impresses me more every day I use it. I cannot for the life of me think how anyone can dislike this super, fantastic, out of this era arranger! There's nothing else like it in the arranger world that I know of.

Keep well all,
Henni

#349182 - 08/16/12 01:07 AM Re: In case you've never bothered... [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni

Another nice trick I see in many of the Audya demos is to start a style with live guitars only. Then, after a short while, use a fill and bring in the drums and the rest of the style using the sliders. I fully intend to use this method a lot throughout our permances.
Henni

That's exactly how I like to use the Audya (especially for modern for ballads). It makes it very contemporary.

I agree completely on the style editing. Although you cant create your own style from scratch there is such a huge library of 'ingredients' available you can make some really good and unique styles in no time at all.

#349183 - 08/16/12 01:38 AM Re: In case you've never bothered... [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Yup, & I even forgot to mention that a new bass track can also be selected in the same way bringing my total, live, left hand playing behaviour respondant multipads up to 5 *** per variation *** per style.

Thus, I have the use of the following audio, intelligent multipads for each & every variation for each & every style:

1. Live, intelligent guitars for channel 6
2. Live, intelligent other instruments for channel 5 (Go listen to 8 Beat Guitar 7 for instance...)
3. Live, intelligent Bass
4. Live, intelligent groove tracks
5. Live, super intelligent audio drums.

Man, for all but Audya owners this must sound like some fantasy dream - but to us it is the NOW and it is REAL and it is AWESOME & it's called "Audya"!!!

To all my Yamaha friends, I'll always be a Yamaha fan. But honestly, you do not know what you are missing. If I could afford, this Audya would have been mine four years earlier. I sold my Yamaha this weekend - I'll have no more use for it. And I put in hundreds of nights over a period of 7 years into setting it up for our performances.

I was even advertizing our complete mobile sound trailer to raise the funds for it. I'm so elated that it did not come to that. However, it was worth every bit of the four years I waited to have it & it's still brand new, unsurpassed technology.

And those who know me know I do not lie - EVER - not even a white lie. All this negative hype about the Audya...B..s..t!!! I inform you today, it is AWESOME to put it mildly!

Let me stop here if I can...

Henni

#349210 - 08/16/12 09:12 PM Re: In case you've never bothered... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Another plus I discovered last night:

Every single change I make in style view, the different audio loops, volumes, in fact EVERYTHING I change to EVERY single variation is saved in one registration. Hence no need to save as a new style, the registration takes care of that. Extremely versatile & powerful indeed.

I also learned a lot by going through the free registrations provided by Ketron.

I have not connected a microphone to mine as yet - I hope Ketron also included good harmonizer settings with their fee registrations as this will be a real bonus indeed...

Keep well all,
Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online