Hi all,

I like to play with styles. I made many conversions myself for the Yamaha series.

Last night I started with some simple changes on the Audya which has a TREMENDOUS effect & it's so easy to do.

This is not new for most, but I believe many have not bothered to try yet.

1. I selected one of the older SD styles that I liked. I simply went to style view mode, selected channel 6 and next listened to and then selected a different live guitar pattern for every variation. Next I set the various volume levels to my liking.

2. I did same for channel 5, only this time there are some other audio loops to select from.

3. Next I replaced the drum track with a audio one - there are many to choose from.

4. Give my new style a name & saved it to HD.

VIOLA!!! I ended up with a brand new style that's completely to my personal liking and it was a breeze to accomplish. I fully intend to just about change every single style I'm going to use in this way.

Another nice trick I see in many of the Audya demos is to start a style with live guitars only. Then, after a short while, use a fill and bring in the drums and the rest of the style using the sliders. I fully intend to use this method a lot throughout our permances.

I say again, most of you knew all of this. Not trying to sound clever, just a little over enthusiastic right now. Style modifications were never this easy on my Yamaha...Heck, I do not even need to go to any style edit mode. Plus, looking from my Yamaha viewpoint, I now have four different audio multipads to select and assign to each variation of any style I choose - AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!

Now I must find out how to copy complete intros & endings from other styles to the one's I've modified.

This Audya impresses me more every day I use it. I cannot for the life of me think how anyone can dislike this super, fantastic, out of this era arranger! There's nothing else like it in the arranger world that I know of.

Keep well all,
Henni