SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#348001 - 07/29/12 07:41 PM SD card
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
To the "Panel of Experts",
I am having difficulty with the SD card slot on the KN7. It does not always make contact and display the red light, but after a number of tries I generally succeed.
A friend suggested I try an electrical switch spray, but to no avail as yet.
Anybody had this problem before with a solution??? HHEEELLLPPP!!

Ray dance

#348068 - 07/30/12 04:26 PM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Ray,

Question 1) What type and make of SD Card are you using? Remember! SDHC cards will NOT work
on your keyboard.

Question 2) Have you tried initialising your keyboard to it's original Factory state? It just
might 'cure' the problem for you.

Good luck! - Audrey

#348082 - 07/30/12 07:59 PM Re: SD card [Re: Audrey Turner]
The Saint Offline

Hi Audrey,
It affects all the cards I have, and none are SDHC.
I have had no trouble with any of the cards up until now.
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (07/30/12 08:00 PM)

#348088 - 07/31/12 03:21 AM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Over the years that I and some of my colleagues have had KN7000 keyboards, I have watched some of them bunging the SD Card hamfistedly into the slot and later wrenching it out again without pushing it down gently to make it pop up. Now Ray I'm not for one minute suggesting that you are in this category of human being but I think the SD slot is a rather delicate mechanism and needs treating with respect failing which it's bound to become possibly iretrievably damaged...just my thoughts.
Rog

#348103 - 07/31/12 06:43 AM Re: SD card [Re: RMepstead]
The Saint Offline

Hi Roger, being the gentle natured beast that I am, I do not fall into that category. Further study indicates that the spring on the cover is involved somehow as the card does not always lock down when inserted, and needs a few attempts before locking in. With recent attempts I seem to be having a bit more success but not completely!!!!!
I will keep trying. Thanks for the thoughts, (however misguided) !!!
Ray darthvader

#348210 - 08/01/12 04:13 PM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Ray and Roger,

I have to say I agree with Roger's comments and would add my own observation in that when loading/unloading the card, some people do not even wait for the red light to come on or go out.

I recently called at the home of one of our Club Members and to my horror! found him unscrewing the KN7's case. "What are you doing ...." I asked and was told that the SD Slot lid did not always close properly and on this occasion, the SD card had completely disappeared "into the inner case of the keyboard" (his words not mine). I helped him dismantle the KN as much as I could but we didn't find the SD Card, so we put it back together again and it played perfectly -as always.

A month later at our Club meeting, I asked him whether he ever did find it and yes! he had but not in the KN at all. It was in his Card Reader.... I'm ashamed to say I couldn't help laughing
although it isn't a laughing matter really as it was yet another 'senior moment' - don't you just hate getting old, I know I do.

Audrey

#348231 - 08/02/12 05:59 AM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

I us SD Cards for two purposes in my KN7000. First and foremost I use them as a repository for my settings for the music that I play; and all of that just about fits onto the 99 folders and files contained therein of one single SD Card.
The second purpose for which I use SD Cards in my KN7000 is to keep audio files (like MP3s to the uninitiated) of all the backing tracks that I use with my 5 female singers. Now this is where I have a problem sometimes despite using SD Cards which more than needed capacity wise. First loading of audio files via SD Jukebox is usually fine but occasionally subsequent audio file additions cause the SD Card to appear to be empty when placed in the KN7000 despite SD Jukebox confirming that the audio files are definitely on that SD Card - much fiddling around is then needed to correct this situation...
I believe that were I to change the opewrating version of my KN7000 from ver 1 to version 6 it would resolve this situation but I damned if I can make the bit of software provided to carry out this update the be read by my KN7000 - cos it won't fit onto a floppy disk...
So I put up with it...!!!

#348455 - 08/05/12 08:02 PM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sad story; I turned off my keyboard while the SD card was writing. I did not lose everything but everything in the card, and it was 65% full had numbers all the names were gone.

Like Roger said – no bunging the SD Card – and please wait until the keyboard has finished writing.

John C.

#348456 - 08/05/12 08:36 PM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Still on SD cards, recently I was going to play for "The Village People" where I live at a "Christmas in July dinner", (it's winter time here at the moment). I was programming some late minute Christmas songs on the SD card the morning of the day in question and carelessly deleted all the stuff I had on the card and I did not have time to redo, so I had to forgo the opportunity.
SOOOOOO!! another lesson in making sure you back up all the important data every time!!!!
See Ya
Ray dance

Edited by The Saint (08/05/12 08:36 PM)

#348586 - 08/07/12 01:01 AM Re: SD card [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Talking about backing up - and I use Fred's KN7000 SD Explorer software - has anyone found an ingenious way of printing out a list of what you've got saved on an SD Card?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online