SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#347396 - 07/20/12 03:29 PM Playing music on the Forum
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Everyone,

I've been asked "why don't you put some of your songs on the net?" Answer: "I don't know how"

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks in advance.

Audrey

#347402 - 07/20/12 09:10 PM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
If you make an MP3 of your recording from your keyboard you can upload it to the forum using the forum File Manager.

You just need to plug the output from your keyboard into the audio input on your computer to make a recording then convert the .WAV file to .MP3 to upload to the Internet.

If you have questions about any of these steps I will be happy to help out. Once you have done it once it will be a breeze.

#347404 - 07/21/12 12:59 AM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Well I for one cannot see a button marked Forum File Manager, Nigel - so with deep respect Audrey is blown before she starts...chuckle.

#347408 - 07/21/12 02:06 AM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Roger M

You should have gone to Specsavers grin

File manager is bottom left of the full reply/post screen rocker

Bill

#347415 - 07/21/12 06:43 AM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
RMepstead Offline

So let's get this absolutely right for Audrey - when she's got an MP3 file (max 5.72mb) ready to put on this forum she starts a new topic; 'switches to full reply screen'; where she will find the means to load that MP3 using something called file manager..I've just tried that and she must wait while the loading indicator ticks across bottom left of new screen; and then submits the post.

Attachments
KCShowchange.mp3 (16 downloads)

#347419 - 07/21/12 07:42 AM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Interesting! Audrey is not the only one who would like to know how to.....

Roger...I listened to your Attachments 4 times! Only "Hi There"
and "...before you go to bed..." came through the beating sounds of music.... Turned the speakers up way loud...no joy!

I am stopped at Nigel's "...make an MP3 of your recording..." and
"...just need to plug..." and the rest of that sentence.

Is Fred's program needed to accomplish this action? I bought it once and it did not transfer to new computer...

It would be nice to have this process become "...a breeze."

Elizabeth

#347433 - 07/21/12 10:56 AM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Elizabeth

1. Connect the audio out of the keyboard, to the audio in of the computer
2. Download and install Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to your computer
3. Follow the help file in Audacity to set it up to record from the audio in of the computer
4 Press Record and start playing your keyboard, then press the stop button when you have finished
5. On the file menu choose export to MP3 and follow the on-screen instructions (Normally you just click OK
6. Log in to synthzoneand create or reply to a post using full screen mode
7. Click file manager followed by the browse button and locate the MP3 file you have just made and upload it.
8. All Done

Hope this helps

Bill

#347437 - 07/21/12 01:14 PM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
RMepstead Offline

Nice one Bill - hope you're having good weather down there.
Elizabeth it's me cockney accent that's throwing you - I can never understand the American drawl...chuckle.

#347448 - 07/21/12 04:19 PM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
WOW! My CDs are recorded in MP3 format through a Sony CD Recorder so I thought perhaps it would be a simple case of saving a track to USB stick and just downloading it to this site - how wrong can you be?

I've noticed other people on various websites use 'You-Tube', 'BoxNet' and I think I've seen something called 'YouSend It' - what, if any, are the differences between them all.

Thank you all for your replies, for me it is a very interesting subject.

Audrey

#347452 - 07/21/12 04:33 PM Re: Playing music on the Forum [Re: Audrey Turner]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Audrey Turner
WOW! My CDs are recorded in MP3 format through a Sony CD Recorder so I thought perhaps it would be a simple case of saving a track to USB stick and just downloading it to this site - how wrong can you be?

I've noticed other people on various websites use 'You-Tube', 'BoxNet' and I think I've seen something called 'YouSend It' - what, if any, are the differences between them all.

Thank you all for your replies, for me it is a very interesting subject.

Audrey

If you already have your music as an MP3 then yes it is just a matter of uploading it using the forum File Manager that shows up under the Reply box. Click on Browse to select your MP3 and Add File then just wait for a bit while it uploads (it may take a few minutes ). There is a bar that grows as it uploads. Then press Done and submit your post as usual.

The disadvantage of a file service like YouSend It is that your file is only there temporarily. But if you use the forum File Manager it is permanently here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online