Topic Options
#347553 - 07/22/12 07:28 PM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: sparky589]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
That's a funny clip Sparky.
Thx

#347554 - 07/22/12 07:38 PM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Beakybird Offline

When the keyboard industry fails, we will be left with nothing but our internal organs.

#347557 - 07/22/12 09:14 PM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Beakybird]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Beakybird
When the keyboard industry fails, we will be left with nothing but our internal organs.

Beaky,

Your internal organs will have ceased to fuction long before the keyboard industry fails, my internals are failing now, but the externals work perfectly, except for the ears dance
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347567 - 07/23/12 03:28 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: sparky589]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Originally Posted By: sparky589
Here's your answer..

Accordion Lessons- Pete Barbutti

Please miss...can I have Accordion Lessons?

#347574 - 07/23/12 06:24 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Who the hell needs a 76 note KB with her around! rotf2
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347580 - 07/23/12 07:28 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The OP is asking one question, but most buyers that already HAVE a reasonably recent arranger are asking themselves another...

Is the (at least) two grand or so I am going to have to pony up for the difference between selling my OLD Tyros in a very depressed market and buying a new one going to be worth it for the tiny handful of new voices, a few new styles, and precious little else?

In today's economy, I doubt many will answer 'yes'.

Tonewheel is very on point, IMO. And, in a dwindling economy, diminishing returns becomes a MUCH larger factor. The cost of upgrading stays high, while what one already has is ALREADY so good, it is usually considerably more than the average user (and some well above!) really honestly needs. So many Americans, Canadians and EU citizens have lost so much equity in their homes, honestly... do you think that several thousand for a few more voices and styles is going to be as attractive as it was when the bubble was booming and cash was flowing like wine?

Yamaha, and I believe the entire arranger industry has only one chance. You don't go chasing the customers you already HAVE (that's how the home organ industry destroyed itself). You find NEW ones. And where are these new customers? KIDS! Young players...

And the arranger is NEVER going to appeal to them without a major overhaul in capabilities and sound to reflect what is current TO THEM. And sad to say, it seems like the arranger industry is bending over backwards to make sure NOTHING contemporary gets put in an arranger. I have a nasty feeling they are just positioning themselves to go fight for the dwindling, aging current market. You can pretend that the home organ industry is healthy, but compare sales figures from the mid-70's to now. A pittance.

That's where we are heading, mark my words.

#347584 - 07/23/12 07:57 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Nothing will change until all us baby boomers an d are music is ear and gone 20 to 40. Years

Edited by Dnj (07/23/12 07:58 AM)

#347588 - 07/23/12 08:11 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can hear the echoes of the organists of the 70's saying exactly the same thing. But home organs were swept from the face of the earth by the early 80's.

Yamaha, Korg, Roland... even Ketron, watch out! History repeats itself. Evolve, or die.

Thomas, Lowery, Wurlitzer, Elka, even mighty Hammond.... all on respirators, with the relatives gathered by the bedside. Bet they wished they had got into synths properly at the right time!

I wonder what Yamaha's arranger division (and the rest) will be saying they had wished they had got into in a few years?

#347589 - 07/23/12 08:30 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Diki,

I bet if you put a 10 min Power Point presentation to all of them on where they all went wrong, how they could fix things and assist them in getting to where they need to be, you could have a big house in Italy, Fran could bring a few girls over now and then.... rotf2 BTW don't take the G70 to Italy unless it's going in a museum rotf2

#347605 - 07/23/12 09:54 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Judging by his emoticons, Tony gets a real kick out of his own humor. Keep those zingers coming Tony, I enjoy them too.

chas

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online