SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#347499 - 07/22/12 06:58 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Well I can see my Sunday Sermon does not sit well with everyone...I'll put my sandwich board away before I end up a martyr wink

But Kid ye not...unless thy manufacturers do not repent and admit their sins (and start educating the young), they will be tossed unto the Valley of Gehenna where TOTL products will languish upon the heaps of ebay for under £300 until they disappear within the belly of Sheol (the local landfill to you and me).

#347502 - 07/22/12 07:27 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Tony, Apart from the name “The Organ market is well and truly dead Bill” is word for word what was said 25 years ago, which proves your memory’s still well intact.

If Yamaha follows its usually 3 year cycle (The T4 was one of the few exceptions) this autumn (fall) should see the release of the 710/910 replacement, with the T4 replacement coming next autumn.

Personally I think manufactures will eventually produce a range of Arranger controllers (Similar to Midi Controllers) to which you will plug in your tablet (Giving you your screen and touch) then download the App for the instrument you require, this will significantly reduce R & D costs as they will only need to develop software rather than hardware. (If you’re not sure what tablets and apps are, ask the younger generation as they have taken to them like a duck to water) Also hardware add on for tablets and phones are also all the rage, so attaching it to an arranger controller and downloading the app will come as second nature to the younger generation.

NOTE: You will probably not be able to use any arranger software, as the hardware controllers will be coded to only accept the arranger controller manufactures software, so as to protect their market.

Bill

#347503 - 07/22/12 07:31 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hell TWD, you been to church this morning and straight into the knife drawer when you got back,heeeeeeeeee and don't be silly I know you are not as daft as you sound, I hold you in high regard of your views in the industry, your are probably part right.

Your old dhip Mate Tony

BTW hows Skudes Audya any news???
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347504 - 07/22/12 07:34 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
Tony, Apart from the name “The Organ market is well and truly dead Bill” is word for word what was said 25 years ago, which proves your memory’s still well intact.

Bill

Bill,

I don't remember that, I just made it up this morning over my Kellogs... duel
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#347505 - 07/22/12 07:36 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tonewheeldude Offline

as far as I can tell Skudes Audya had an identity crisis caused by installing a) some third party software loaded onto b) an incompatible hard drive, but lets not go into that here. Its all done and should be back on the road as soon as the delivery company see fit.

#347507 - 07/22/12 07:44 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

TWD,

Thanks for helping him out.. clap

Tony

#347515 - 07/22/12 08:49 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I think Yamaha can stand to shed some weight by reducing the 7 models of "entry level" portable keyboards up thru the psr 433. To me, they hurt their more professional reputation by offering these. I suppose they don't want to leave it all to Casio.

My friend is on the edge of his seat waiting for a T5 (or other designation)as he hesitates to buy a T4 to upgrade from his T2. The hope is that it has the features he wants (Korg does, but the sounds and familiarity of the Yamaha system/operation top this.)

I'm a bit surprised at the 10th anniversary T4; the price is prohibitive. Good thing it is a limited run and not filling up their warehouse. We might have to wait until they're gone..l like the black though.

#347518 - 07/22/12 10:01 AM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Anyway what do you think of Peter, he's got to be one of the best on the circuit. I went into our local KB shop last week and the owner is sure there will be a new Yami KB this year ??? lets party when it does, can't see anyone else with anything this year..

I'll see Peter next month in Halifax...something new is on the go, I suspect.

Peter is an awesome player and demonstrator...certainly one of the best.

Ian

#347528 - 07/22/12 01:53 PM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

ask your self this?......will it make me play better?..

#347532 - 07/22/12 03:13 PM Re: IS THERE A NEW T5 ON THE WAY [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online