SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345918 - 06/21/12 02:54 AM Sending Accompaniment to Band Members
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In the summer, the band I lead is a bit meager. This forces me to use the KN7000 as an arranger. It is working quite well as the others are getting used to it, except some can't always hear the groove over their own sound.

I bought a Behringer 4 channel headphone amp to send drums, bass, and 1-5 accomp from separate out-stereo mode. I routed one channel back into the kb through the line in, to send to the mains. The volume of which is controlled by the line in lever.

I don't use the headphone jack as I don't want my left and right sounds in the mix sent to other players. They hear it loud and clear without headphones, and it would muddy the mix to the two players involved. At present we are talking about myself, piano, 2 trumpets, trombone,2 sax, and a drummer.

I haven't tried this yet with the band, but it works at home, though I have to configure the separate outs in all of the 20 songs each week in the playlist.

Is there a better way to do this ?

Bernie

#345920 - 06/21/12 05:26 AM Re: Sending Accompaniment to Band Members [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I made one change in that I found out by turning the "With Main" on, I don't need the line in anymore.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online