SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#345689 - 06/15/12 01:49 AM Style Convert Disk
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello,

Question: Is there a Style ConvertDisc for Yamaha Styles on KN 7000?

#345711 - 06/15/12 04:28 PM Re: Style Convert Disk [Re: HarryG]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Harry,

No, not actually on the KN7000 there isn't, but there are quite a few excellent styles from different models of the KN keyboards including the KN7000 which have been converted by very generous members of the www.psrtutorial.com site, which will play on various models of Yamaha keyboards.

Take a look at the site, you will find it is very professionally done, offering a mountain of information and converted styles from other makes of keyboards as well and it is all FREE to download.

From all the other websites I visit, for me this is one of the best, clear, informative and extremely easy to understand and use. In fact, it is on par with this site in every way, particularly the friendliness of it.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

#345727 - 06/16/12 03:41 AM Re: Style Convert Disk [Re: HarryG]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I've got a feeling HarryG is talking about converting in the other direction - from Yamaha to Technics...

#345746 - 06/16/12 04:18 PM Re: Style Convert Disk [Re: HarryG]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Roger,

You could be right. When I read this post my first thought was that he was asking whether the SX-KN7000 Style Convert Disk that came with the KN7000 included
Yamaha and the disk I have doesn't, It only converts the following:-

GEM-WX2 .CNV
KORG .CNV
ROLAND .CNV
SOLTON .CNV
TECHNICS .CNV
GEM-WS2 .CNV

However, technology moves so fast these days, it is possible there is (or will be quite soon) software on the market that can convert styles from the Yamaha to play on the KN7, but I doubt if it will be the latest Tyros keyboards, because of the
system(s) used but, who knows what the future holds?

Take care Roger.

Audrey

#345747 - 06/16/12 05:33 PM Re: Style Convert Disk [Re: Audrey Turner]
gambler Offline

I think there's an updated convert disc from Technics that allows conversion of Yamaha styles. Not sure if l'm allowed to use links for another website. But if you google Technics SC7000 style convert disc, you should find it on the top listing. It's £9.99.

Regards

Russ

#345750 - 06/17/12 12:50 AM Re: Style Convert Disk [Re: gambler]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello friends,

Thanks for your help.

I had read that there should be a style convert disk, which can convert styles of yamaha in Technics styles.

The original style of Technics Convert Disk is the way Audrey has described it. So GEM, Roland, Korg, Solton but not Yamaha.

The opportunity exists to convert styles with EMC Style Works.

I have a special disc "Song to Style", not that of Technics, If interested I can send them.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online