SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#344553 - 05/09/12 12:29 PM Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet?
Dnj Offline

The other day I checked in and no posts for almost a day or so?....times are changing,......I guess if nothing new comes to market nobody talks arranger kb's anymore...?.. confused1

#344555 - 05/09/12 12:49 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

Boooooo!

Donny people are moving on, seeing the light, whatever, realizing there is life after SZ...back in the pond maybe confused2 don't take it personal, you gave it your best shots with some goodies, it was OK whilst it lasted.

#344557 - 05/09/12 01:09 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Boooooo!

Donny people are moving on, seeing the light, whatever, realizing there is life after SZ...back in the pond maybe confused2 don't take it personal, you gave it your best shots with some goodies, it was OK whilst it lasted.

I guess your right Tony all good things come to an end....
it certainly was fun thru the years and I made a few really good lifelong friends along the way.

#344558 - 05/09/12 02:15 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Naa

Just a lull like other times through the years. If we all take a defeatest attitute, it will.

#344559 - 05/09/12 05:24 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Nothing new. It's cyclical. There's been quiet spells before.

#344560 - 05/09/12 06:02 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Many have left for good also

#344561 - 05/09/12 06:21 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Let's not make this a funeral ... Unfortunately I've been to too many lately ... frown

#344564 - 05/09/12 07:20 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I usually check the forum at least three times a day, and for the most part, I'm happy there are no 150-post threads of "mine's better than yours." When I first arrived here there was a lot of information provided by forum members that was useful to everyone. Seems like it's headed back in that direction. No pissing contests, just useful information that every can benefit from.

Thanks Nigel,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#344566 - 05/09/12 09:19 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: travlin'easy]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
I think Gary will attest that even over on the PSR Tutorial forum, things have been kind of quiet lately compared to the months (or even a year) after the introduction of a new PSR or Tyros model. Things seem to constantly go at a dead run at the motifator.com site, but that is an entirely different kind of business with pretty much a different kind of people. The Band in a Box site has a couple of sections that are fairly steady. So, hang on Donny until somebody comes out with a new unit that turns everyone's gear lust on. In the meantime, let's just sit back and suck on our coffee or beers or wine and enjoy each others company.

Regards,

Ted

Edited by tnicoson (05/09/12 09:22 PM)

#344568 - 05/09/12 09:59 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I'm happy there are no 150-post threads of "mine's better than yours." When I first arrived here there was a lot of information provided by forum members that was useful to everyone. Seems like it's headed back in that direction. No pissing contests, just useful information that every can benefit from.

Thanks Nigel,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary, I totally agree with you. If posts aren't constructive I'd prefer not to have them at all.

#344569 - 05/09/12 10:51 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Yeah, Tony ! A T5 would probably do it, but so would even a new PSR, but best of all would be Roland coming on the scene beating their chests about some new 6 foot long, 120 pound, multi-mega bucks do-all, end-all arranger without even an onboard sequencer. That would probably even get Fran going !

Regards,

Ted

#344570 - 05/09/12 10:54 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: tnicoson]
Tony Hughes Offline

Spot on Ted..Heeeeeeeee sofa Not so certain it would get Fran going, he's seen it all before.

#344572 - 05/10/12 01:43 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Many have left for good also

Oh well ... if it was because of people acting like jerks, then that has been stopped now. Or is it that the people that left were the jerks?

#344577 - 05/10/12 03:55 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
The arranger keyboard market is pretty slow at the moment. Kids only being interested in WII's and Ipads etc. The Arranger Keyboard needs to be promoted to a younger audience so the people that deomonstrate them in stores etc also need to be able to play modern music to give them the WOW Factor.

#344578 - 05/10/12 04:16 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm on the same page with the thought it's cyclical here at this forum.

#344579 - 05/10/12 04:40 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Tony Hughes]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Most of the interest on this forum has been about new equipment which is just fine. Even the little KMA put life into this forum. I agree with Gary, at one time there was lots of useful information that every can benefit from; that would be a step toward making this place interesting.
John C.

PS, Chord Progressions – Chord Substitution --- Improvising – The method we use to make our songs/performance better – to name a few.

#344582 - 05/10/12 05:43 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Lots of views, but few comments.

I know some members just leave for awhile.

A new arranger will definitively spark things again and those on a break will be back and comments will pick up.

Advertising to a younger group would help keep Arrangers alive, but when is the last time you saw an ad for an Arranger to ANY type of market? In fact other the Internet, all types of musical Instruments are rarely, if ever, advertised. Wonder why?

Larry

#344588 - 05/10/12 07:28 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This forum is usually cyclical, often centering around the introduction of new arrangers, or new demos of the manufacturer's present offerings.

I haven't been around much, because I'm in the process of selling my house and moving to a seniors complex or duplex, which will be far more manageable financially, and certainly easier to care for and to be away from when taking any long trips. Price of heating oil, and the fact the place is just too big for one occupant are my primary reasons, but someplace easier to maintain is also high on the list.

Here is a picture of my 150 year old house, soon to be on the market...great location, corner lot, oodles of land and nicely landscaped...even has a garage (hidden by foliage).

Wish me luck... crazy

[/URL]

Biggest issue is clearing out all the old junk, and memories, as I have lived here most of my life and it has collected a lot of things over the years. That's the emotional part...the practical part is that I need to move, and it is a monumental job to say the least. I hope to be out by September at the latest.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. wink

Ian

#344589 - 05/10/12 07:53 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I personally think the tyros line has been rehashed to death and I don't think another so called tyros arranger will ever be made....but I think Yamaha looking at the economic situation in the world is at the drawing board to first cut the price in half eg: $2500.00 ish, and still give players a great sounding arranger Kb in the future with many features that they have been asking for over and over again, with the integration with some sort of iPad etc, the time for change has arrived....old school arrangers have reached their peak .....

#344592 - 05/10/12 08:09 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

I have a feeling we'll see another Tyros...can't see why not?

The last one, the Tyros4, sold more than the other Tyros models combined.

Certainly, in my district at least, interest is very high, and competition is limited only to Korg's high end arrangers, which are also selling very well in spite of a slow start.

Good promotion and follow-up clinics are the key...in my experience, they've worked wonderfully for my sales area.

Ian

#344594 - 05/10/12 08:15 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Stephenm52]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Steve,

You mean on ya bike????
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#344595 - 05/10/12 08:21 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I have a feeling we'll see another Tyros...can't see why not?

The last one, the Tyros4, sold more than the other Tyros models combined.

Certainly, in my district at least, interest is very high, and competition is limited only to Korg's high end arrangers, which are also selling very well in spite of a slow start.

Good promotion and follow-up clinics are the key...in my experience, they've worked wonderfully for my sales area.

Ian

Ian,

The T4 must be the best selling Arr in the UK, BTW good luck with the sales of the house, looks a very nice spot, good luck with the new move like you say the cost of running a house that size on your own is not on, it's a family size house that, why not adopt a boat load of kids, on second thoughts don't bother.

Cheers Ian
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#344597 - 05/10/12 08:37 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Thanks Tony...I have a lot of work ahead of me with selling the house, plus several my own arranger clinics coming up, so I'll be very busy indeed.

I'll still pop in on SZ nonetheless.

Ian

#344598 - 05/10/12 08:43 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Its almost summer time, people dont hang around on the internet when the sun shines.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#344601 - 05/10/12 09:01 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Steve,

You mean on ya bike????
rotfl

That's what happens when you spend the first 25 years of a working career in sales and marketing. Although as a former amateur triathlete I've had plenty of time cycling or should I say plenty of time in the saddle ( that'll give you a litte more ammunition to respond to. dance2 )

#344606 - 05/10/12 09:53 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
Its almost summer time, people dont hang around on the internet when the sun shines.

I hate summer .....for me everyday is closer to winter !

#344612 - 05/10/12 10:45 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Enjoy every day as you live it ... we are too soon gone ... party

#344624 - 05/10/12 12:30 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]

That's why I'm sailing south in October for the Florida Keys and Bahamas - winter there is 75 degrees and sunny. smile smile smile

Gary cool

#344634 - 05/10/12 02:18 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy

That's why I'm sailing south in October for the Florida Keys and Bahamas - winter there is 75 degrees and sunny. smile smile smile

Gary cool

Will carol be second mate?.. confused1

#344637 - 05/10/12 02:36 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Ian, good luck with the move. That's a tidy lot of grass that wants mowing in the summer, and a whole lot of driveway to clear of snow in the winter. Good move, mon ami.

#344642 - 05/10/12 03:23 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: 124]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: 124
Ian, good luck with the move. That's a tidy lot of grass that wants mowing in the summer, and a whole lot of driveway to clear of snow in the winter. Good move, mon ami.

Thanks...for an increasingly lazier and lazier guy, it is just way too much servile work...besides, I'm a musician, not a gardener or a snow plow driver...ha ha! grin

Ian

#344646 - 05/10/12 06:33 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]

Where Ian lives summer only last two weeks, so mowing the grass isn't a big deal. Here, in the people's republic of Maryland grass mowing season lasts about 7 months, and I have 3 acres of it to mow every week. It takes about 3 hours with a tractor and a 42-inch mower deck. Trimming with a weed-eater takes another hour. And, I don't even want to think about edging 160-feet of sidewalk and 300-feet of driveway. Think I'm gonna' get a lawn service next summer--I'm too old for this $hit! wink

Cheers,

Gary cool

#344648 - 05/10/12 06:39 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Mmmm, don't know about that, but out here in the west our mowing season is about three months and snow season is eight months. The other month is for bitchin' about what's been and what's to come. laugh

Anyway, you have my commiserations, Gary. Sounds like you need to do an 'Ian'. Do they have seniors' centres on boats in Florida? I guess we could have them here, but our water is 'solid state' for a lot of the time. frown

Edited by 124 (05/10/12 06:43 PM)

#344649 - 05/10/12 07:25 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Hey Gar, summer is about three months, and although hardly incredibly warm throughout, it is perfect weather for grass growing like a sonofabitch...most lawnmowers are V-8's. wink

Lawn mowed by someone else is always at least $50 for the large lawn I have, and it needs mowing almost every two weeks at least...more if there is a lot of rain.

Snow removal ain't much cheaper, but usually (hopefully) less often. Biggest issue is heating oil, which has gone up in price, and upcoming maintenance on house.

If I could snap my fingers and it would all be done, I'd be in a seniors place tomorrow, but I have a lot of stuff to pack up/throw away/sell/give away, so it will be at least a few months work, but I sure am looking forward to getting new digs and having far less responsibilities(and more time for music).

Ian

#344661 - 05/11/12 08:42 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good luck Ian. That seems like a very logical move. Wish we could do that, but we still need room for the grandkids, and we live on the golf course. Probably when I get too old for golf, we'll consider a move, but after so many years in the same place, I know what you're going through.
One other thought--I'll bet you could make an agreement to provide entertainment in exchange for your rent, or at least part of it!
Regarding keyboards, Yamaha will probably make a big step forward with their next arrangers. I look for a lot of changes.
Don't really care though. We could play anything made in the past 10 years or so and do just fine.
But as you know, I'll be the first in line if something new and great catches the eye!
DonM

#344670 - 05/11/12 09:33 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Probably when I get too old for golf,

I'll be the first in line if something new and great catches the eye!
DonM

too old for golf,
So that would be at about 110 yrs, right ... dance

first in line

... right after Donny ... duel rotfl

#344672 - 05/11/12 09:49 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Ian, Best of luck with the sale of your home and a move. We did it last year it's a ton of work and sometimes painful to have to throw the memories away. We lived in the house for just about 20 years. It was the right choice, we're settled in to the new smaller quarters. While you're in the middle of making the move you start thinking what was I thinking when we made this choice?

#344674 - 05/11/12 10:56 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]

Susan said Don will stop playing golf three days after he's dead! wink Hmmmm! That's about the same time I'll get to retire. smile smile smile

Gary cool

#344690 - 05/11/12 10:26 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Regarding mowing the lawn, this winter was so mild that we never actually stopped mowing it. Some of it had died because of last summer's drought, but it is now back and you can almost see it growing. I'm so blessed to have a young wife. I cook supper while she mows the yard!
I really WAS thinking about quitting golf but have had a few good rounds in a row so . . . I'M BACK!
What a life--up at the crack of 10:30 a.m., leisurely breakfast while I decide whether to play golf or go fishing, home in time for a quick nap and shower before somebody PAYS me to go sing and play music. Doesn't get it better than that!
smile
DonM

#344710 - 05/13/12 12:41 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
have fun moving. I think we've had about 20 house moves in the last 40 years haahaa
Average of one move nearly every 6 months. Build or renovate a house, get it established, then we'd sell.
I'm an EXPERT on packing boxes. I know why we moved so often, he didn't have to help with packing up. haahaa

Actually on a roll at the moment, thank goodness he's retired, we've actually stayed put in or current house for the last 7 years.

Edited by rikkisbears (05/13/12 12:57 AM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#344735 - 05/14/12 09:32 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Regarding mowing the lawn, this winter was so mild that we never actually stopped mowing it. Some of it had died because of last summer's drought, but it is now back and you can almost see it growing. I'm so blessed to have a young wife. I cook supper while she mows the yard!
I really WAS thinking about quitting golf but have had a few good rounds in a row so . . . I'M BACK!
What a life--up at the crack of 10:30 a.m., leisurely breakfast while I decide whether to play golf or go fishing, home in time for a quick nap and shower before somebody PAYS me to go sing and play music. Doesn't get it better than that!
smile
DonM

It sure doesn't ... at least you know it and appreciate it ...
Good for you, Don ... I'll bet it wasn't ALWAYS this good ...
dance

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online