SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#344569 - 05/09/12 10:51 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Yeah, Tony ! A T5 would probably do it, but so would even a new PSR, but best of all would be Roland coming on the scene beating their chests about some new 6 foot long, 120 pound, multi-mega bucks do-all, end-all arranger without even an onboard sequencer. That would probably even get Fran going !

Regards,

Ted

#344570 - 05/09/12 10:54 PM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: tnicoson]
Tony Hughes Offline

Spot on Ted..Heeeeeeeee sofa Not so certain it would get Fran going, he's seen it all before.

#344572 - 05/10/12 01:43 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Many have left for good also

Oh well ... if it was because of people acting like jerks, then that has been stopped now. Or is it that the people that left were the jerks?

#344577 - 05/10/12 03:55 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
The arranger keyboard market is pretty slow at the moment. Kids only being interested in WII's and Ipads etc. The Arranger Keyboard needs to be promoted to a younger audience so the people that deomonstrate them in stores etc also need to be able to play modern music to give them the WOW Factor.

#344578 - 05/10/12 04:16 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm on the same page with the thought it's cyclical here at this forum.

#344579 - 05/10/12 04:40 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Tony Hughes]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Most of the interest on this forum has been about new equipment which is just fine. Even the little KMA put life into this forum. I agree with Gary, at one time there was lots of useful information that every can benefit from; that would be a step toward making this place interesting.
John C.

PS, Chord Progressions – Chord Substitution --- Improvising – The method we use to make our songs/performance better – to name a few.

#344582 - 05/10/12 05:43 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.

Lots of views, but few comments.

I know some members just leave for awhile.

A new arranger will definitively spark things again and those on a break will be back and comments will pick up.

Advertising to a younger group would help keep Arrangers alive, but when is the last time you saw an ad for an Arranger to ANY type of market? In fact other the Internet, all types of musical Instruments are rarely, if ever, advertised. Wonder why?

Larry

#344588 - 05/10/12 07:28 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
This forum is usually cyclical, often centering around the introduction of new arrangers, or new demos of the manufacturer's present offerings.

I haven't been around much, because I'm in the process of selling my house and moving to a seniors complex or duplex, which will be far more manageable financially, and certainly easier to care for and to be away from when taking any long trips. Price of heating oil, and the fact the place is just too big for one occupant are my primary reasons, but someplace easier to maintain is also high on the list.

Here is a picture of my 150 year old house, soon to be on the market...great location, corner lot, oodles of land and nicely landscaped...even has a garage (hidden by foliage).

Wish me luck... crazy

[/URL]

Biggest issue is clearing out all the old junk, and memories, as I have lived here most of my life and it has collected a lot of things over the years. That's the emotional part...the practical part is that I need to move, and it is a monumental job to say the least. I hope to be out by September at the latest.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. wink

Ian

#344589 - 05/10/12 07:53 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I personally think the tyros line has been rehashed to death and I don't think another so called tyros arranger will ever be made....but I think Yamaha looking at the economic situation in the world is at the drawing board to first cut the price in half eg: $2500.00 ish, and still give players a great sounding arranger Kb in the future with many features that they have been asking for over and over again, with the integration with some sort of iPad etc, the time for change has arrived....old school arrangers have reached their peak .....

#344592 - 05/10/12 08:09 AM Re: Whats happened to this forum lately....very quiet? [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I have a feeling we'll see another Tyros...can't see why not?

The last one, the Tyros4, sold more than the other Tyros models combined.

Certainly, in my district at least, interest is very high, and competition is limited only to Korg's high end arrangers, which are also selling very well in spite of a slow start.

Good promotion and follow-up clinics are the key...in my experience, they've worked wonderfully for my sales area.

Ian

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online