SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#34423 - 11/12/09 09:17 AM What happens when Audya HHD goes down
Tony Hughes Offline

AJ,

Ketron don't supply a backup disk for the Audya, if your KB HDD goes down, you can no doubt format a new HDD FAT32, if you don't have any of the original files what do you do.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34424 - 11/12/09 01:47 PM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
leezone Offline

Tony, i think what you do is CRY !!!!

#34425 - 11/12/09 01:49 PM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
leezone Offline

ideally, K

Ketron should have made the HD accessible via a cover much like the covers to install expansion boards which you'd be easily remove with 4 screws

and then you'd be able to have a backup HD, and EASILY swap it out...

#34426 - 11/13/09 08:39 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had keyboards with hard drives for more than ten years and never had one go out, including X1, SD1, SD5, Midjay and now Audya, plus several models of Yamaha.
Is there a reason you are particularly worried about the Audya hard drive?
Of course all your data can and should be backed up, and I never go anywhere without a contingency plan if any part of my gear should fail. I either have a backup keyboard or at least my laptop in the van if I need it.
One time I FORGOT to load my keyboard and arrived at a job almost 100 miles away. It was the only time I ever had to do a job with midi files and a laptop, but I don't think anyone really noticed.
DonM

#34427 - 11/13/09 09:49 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
skude Offline

I have backup on all my data, and thanks to Frank at AudioWorksCT, I have a new HD with all the files I need to start the Audya again. That cannot be done by me during a gig, so I always bring a backup KB, just in case.
skude

#34428 - 11/13/09 10:02 PM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
Tony Hughes Offline

The problem here is it takes hours to back up the Audya about 3 or 4 I know Frank has made a piggy back HDD he doesn't trust the HDD but it's not made by Ketron, it appears to me that if your are worried about the drive you simple make a back up via the USD 1 port ON THE BACK NOT THE FRONT SOCKET. If you are more of an engineer you could take out the HDD, buy a caddy about £7.00 in real money and then get the data from the Audya HDD put it onto your desktop PC it will only take a fraction of the time now using USB 2, buy a second drive put that in the caddy and load it up with the files from the PC, you now have two drives, like SKUDE says you can't change the drive on stage, it takes about 30mins or so to do this.Franks piggy back allows two drives in the KB, it may be another option to bring the existing drive outside the KB on a lead at the back of the KB or underneath, it would need a cover but this could be made easily, it will now bee readily got at, this is all presuming you are worried about crashing the drive. If you are not just leave it has it is. My problem is simple and I cannot get an answer. KETRON DO NOT SUPPLY THE BASIC FILES TO GET YOUR AUDYA GOING IF THE HDD FAILS, WHY , IF YOU LIVE MILES FROM A MUSIC SHACK LIKE FRANKS AND THE HDD GOES DOWN AND YOU HAVE NOT MADE A BACK UP - HOW DO YOU GET THE KB RUNNING AGAIN. DO YOU KNOW???

I think you Cry like a baby!!!

BTW the Audya HDD is IDE and not SATA, IDE is old hat and I doubt if you will be able to get a IDE HDD for ever so you may want to buy one if you are thing of keeping you Audya for some time.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 11-13-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34429 - 11/14/09 12:24 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
...you shoot yourself...

#34430 - 11/14/09 12:31 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
...you shoot yourself...

Nedim,

Doh never thought of that one, best bet go back to where you got the Audya from and let them shoot you, they rob you first, finish the job proper!

#34431 - 11/14/09 04:50 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
AJ,

Ketron don't supply a backup disk for the Audya, if your KB HDD goes down, you can no doubt format a new HDD FAT32, if you don't have any of the original files what do you do.

Neither does any other keyboard company, so why should ketron be any different. You should back up you files just like if you had a home computer and everything got lost. If something happens you have a one year warrentee from ketron.

#34432 - 11/14/09 08:12 AM Re: What happens when Audya HHD goes down
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Neither does any other keyboard company, so why should ketron be any different. You should back up you files just like if you had a home computer and everything got lost. If something happens you have a one year warrentee from ketron.

MC I couldn't agree with you more, I have backed up mine, I was just thing of someone would bought a KB and doesn't have a PC they must be barking mad! Perhaps they have a gun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online