Topic Options
#343005 - 03/31/12 12:41 AM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Bill in Dayton]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Bill in Dayton
Good stuff...

(Smile once in a while, eh?)

Yeah, I guess you're right. I am never on the front line so I don't really think about it much. But when I see videos of us playing it always does surprise me how serious I always look. I'll work on it now you mention it rotfl

#343158 - 04/03/12 05:28 AM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Nigel]
Rfinnshw Offline

Loc: Vero Beach, Florida
Nigel,

Both Videos excellente! Your versatility on both keyboard & guitar is outstanding!

Ron Finn in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#343234 - 04/04/12 09:45 PM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Rfinnshw]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Rfinnshw
Nigel,

Both Videos excellente! Your versatility on both keyboard & guitar is outstanding!

Ron Finn in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Thanks so much Ron. We are just out to have fun. Aint that what playing music is all about.

#345154 - 05/29/12 03:17 PM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Nigel]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi Nigel, I enjoyed your bands video clips very much. Thank you for posting them. Your band is very similar to the band I play with in that it is basically 4 piece with a male and female vocalist. I fill your role doing keys and also some guitar.
Here is a link to my bands website. We have no videos (yet) but there is a page with a jukebox featuring some of our sound.
The deal is though, all those recordings were done before I joined last October. I of course think we sound much better now that I am on keys, and many of the bands regular following seem to agree. I hope you enjoy my band "Brew City Rockers" as much as I've enjoyed yours.

Brew City Rockers Homepage

#346050 - 06/24/12 11:54 PM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: OldNewb]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: OldNewb
Your band is very similar to the band I play with in that it is basically 4 piece with a male and female vocalist. I fill your role doing keys and also some guitar.
Brew City Rockers Homepage

Loved it. Yep our bands are so very similar. Our song list contains so many of the songs in yours we obviously are playing to the same sort of audiences. The one that really keeps me on my toes is "Need You Now" ... I play 2nd guitar, slide guitar and keyboard ... it really is a juggling act trying to cover all those slots without having too many dropouts as I switch over between parts. The toughest bit is going from piano to putting on the slide for the choruses. I actually keep the slide on the keyboard for a a quick changover.

#346874 - 07/12/12 09:42 PM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Nigel]
Nigel Offline
Admin

I brought up my Video Manager at Youtube and see that EMI have now tagged my band's video of Separate Ways because of copyright. I have submitted a dispute saying it is fair use. But it seems that now all clips on youtube are being software fingerprinted for copyright matching.

This is so stupid. The record companies last gasp to try and make money from us all before they die just like they deserve to.
While I support protection of copyright infringement, standing over a local bar band playing a cover tune is absolute bs ... I look forward to them dying completely now. They don't support music they threaten it.

Ironically I have been an EMI recording artist in the past but now I don't care about them at all.

#356236 - 12/09/12 06:29 PM Re: My band playing Journey [Re: Nigel]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
That was great, thank you for the vids, you had more hair back then lol. Keep them coming. I love watching live bands and musicians at work(play).

Allan taz

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online