SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341772 - 03/10/12 04:57 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
I converted a few of my yammies across to PA800. Not many as they take me hours to do. I don't use EMC, for the reason you mentioned, EMC doesn't do a very good a job on converting yammie to korg. Is it the drums that you're having problems with? or just in general.
Any style in particular you're missing, just in case I may have already converted it?

[quote=Dnj]I'm loving the Pa500.....Most KORG factory and other PA model styles work very well.....also Ketron SD1 & Roland G70 Style conversion are terrific too....Yamaha conversions are terrible at best too bad..I now have the best of three worlds and plenty enough styles to cover anything that needs to be covered.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341773 - 03/10/12 05:13 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
I don't use EMC, for the reason you mentioned, EMC doesn't do a very good a job on converting yammie to korg. Is it the drums that you're having problems with? or just in general.
Any style in particular you're missing, just in case I may have already converted it?

Rikki thanx for the reply....
what do you use to convert styles besides EMC?..
For every Bad Yamaha conversion I usually find 3 or 4 great Ketron or Roland compatible ones, only takes me 20 min or so to get it to the way I want it to sound, nothing major.

#341782 - 03/10/12 07:42 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
I convert my Yammies manually from a midifile of the style via a pc sequencer. Have used either One Man Band or just changed the .sty extension to .mid to create the midi file.

I usually run style thru EMC first, if it totally botches it up, then I go to the trouble of manually converting. Really depends how desperately I want the style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341932 - 03/13/12 11:47 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
I convert my Yammies manually from a midifile of the style via a pc sequencer. Have used either One Man Band or just changed the .sty extension to .mid to create the midi file.

I usually run style thru EMC first, if it totally botches it up, then I go to the trouble of manually converting. Really depends how desperately I want the style.

Hi Rikki for me...if it doesn't sound good converted thru EMC I know I'm in trouble trying to get it to sound decent in the KB.. I am now finding that my KORG really has amazing editing tools once you really dig into the OS...with a little work you can make styles sound fantastic...I'm doing style editing adjustments to all parts and drum kits I could never do with the Yamaha S910....every day I'm learning more & more, with a little help from my friends also wink ......
I don't know why I waited so long to come back to KORG...
I'm really diggin' this KB.

#341943 - 03/13/12 02:36 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Today I took a few hours to work with some converted
Roland G70 & Ketron SD styles that I needed for my "easy 30" user bank..The style editor on the Pa500 is a Godsend for taking a bad Converted Style & totally remodeling it into a stunning great sounding style...all the tools are there all you have to do is have the time, patience, knowledge, experience, imagination, and talent to make it happen, plus a few good knowledgeable friends also when you get stuck... I have finally UN-YAMAHATIZED myself & I'm really enjoying the key-touch, navigational features, songbook and LIVE sound of the PA500.It's the Overall sound "within the MIX" of lead and accompaniments that makes me happy on stage when I'm playing, This KORG is great for the Singer/Arranger Player that wants the sound of a "Real Live Band" backing him/her up. clap

Edited by Dnj (03/13/12 02:38 PM)

#342062 - 03/14/12 09:28 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
a few of the yammie styles I've converted for myself, I haven't really had the option of finding a ketron or roland alternative. I use orchestral/piano arpeggio type styles, & I have a number of these in yammie format, so if I want them working properly, I don't have much choice but to do them the way I do.

Definately a lot less work if you can get a reasonable result with EMC first & then just fine tuning with Korg editing functions. They're great.

I think I might have popped up on a few occasions over the years , MENTIONING how great my Korg was. haahaa
Originally Posted By: Dnj

Hi Rikki for me...if it doesn't sound good converted thru EMC I know I'm in trouble trying to get it to sound decent in the KB.. I am now finding that my KORG really has amazing editing tools once you really dig into the OS...with a little work you can make styles sound fantastic...I'm doing style editing adjustments to all parts and drum kits I could never do with the Yamaha S910....every day I'm learning more & more, with a little help from my friends also wink ......
I don't know why I waited so long to come back to KORG...
I'm really diggin' this KB. [/quote]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#342437 - 03/20/12 02:20 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Had a great time today filming a Commercial for TV for an upscale assisted living facility....lots of fun, the KORG PA500 sounded amazing, they were filming all around & thru me as I played and they danced to different songs....awesome experiences, light & audio guys moving around the room too..can't to see the final edit.

#342449 - 03/20/12 08:40 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Don't forget to show it to us also ...
thanks in advance ...

PS ... does this mean your rates go up?!?!? wink

#342464 - 03/21/12 06:25 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Don't forget to show it to us also ...
thanks in advance ...

PS ... does this mean your rates go up?!?!? wink

I certainly will Tony .... don't know when Comcast will finish it but I will let you know when its completed..

#342593 - 03/23/12 06:33 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Today I took a factory unexpected "Shlager4" style and totally edited it to be used with the song Margaritaville,
Under The Boardwalk, Up On the Roof, etc,.... you can find the most improbable things in the most inconspicuous places,
you only have to look, ... wink

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online