SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#340710 - 02/24/12 03:06 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Machetero]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Machetero
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Up bright and early coffee in hand and back to editing...one more day & I'm talking this baby on stage for the weekend..oh yeah sounding real good now.........

Touch screen is very good but needs more sensitivity, but not as good as my Roland G70 was....as I dig deeper into the OS I'm finding so many features that really make it easy to get the sound YOU want.I cant wait to Open Her Up full force on stage this weekend!!

DNJ,

Have you play with the Drums mapping (Menu --> Style controls or Shift + fill 1)?
Start a Style and then play with the drums mapping + kick and snare. Wonderful combinations are found there. And you can select different ones by variation. That is something that can't be done in Ketron Audio drums.

This sounds very interesting! ...I haven't done this yet but will certainly look into it asap...Thank you for the tip.

#340724 - 02/24/12 08:28 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Pa500 maiden voyage today, 1hr "tune up" NH gig.......
Sat/Sun full blown dinner dances w/200-300pp....
nice way to slide into a new KB.. eek
I will also be trying out a New Behringer XENYX-FX 1002 Mixer also. Wish me luck! wink

#340734 - 02/24/12 10:03 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
C'mon, Donny ... you don't need luck !!! grin
Break a leg ... can't wait to read the report ... take pics !

#340741 - 02/24/12 11:08 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
C'mon, Donny ... you don't need luck !!! grin
Break a leg ... can't wait to read the report ... take pics !

Ditto!

Donny it's hackers like me that need the luck! wave

#340744 - 02/24/12 11:21 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Tony Hughes Offline

I will also be trying out a New Behringer XENYX-FX 1002 Mixer also. Wish me luck! wink

I'll wish you all the luck Donny me old ship mate, not that you will need it, cakewalk for an old professional like you Buddy, they will be rocking in the isles or in their chairs.... rotf2 BTW "Tune Up " its not got valves in the new Korg as it??? duel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUytEX_XkE

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340748 - 02/24/12 11:45 AM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Tony Hughes]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

I'll wish you all the luck Donny me old ship mate, not that you will need it, cakewalk for an old professional like you Buddy, they will be rocking in the isles or in their chairs.... rotf2 BTW "Tune Up " its not got valves in the new Korg as it??? duel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EUytEX_XkE

Tony

Tony ... Where do YOU find this stuff??? smile smile smile

#340750 - 02/24/12 12:11 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: tony mads usa]
Tony Hughes Offline

It's just rolls off Tony.. woot
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340757 - 02/24/12 02:26 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

I just returned from my first KORG PA500 Gig and I can truly say it was a big success! dance2 Coupled with the New Behringer Xenyx 1002 FX mixer this is a great sounding setup for Music & Vocals…..btw if anyone has this mixer try FX setting 91 rev/short slap back delay, Ch 1 mic FX at 1oclock, master at 12 o’clock for a great vocal effect… I started the set a bit apprehensive as first time with any KB makes you hold back a little just to make sure wheat your doing, getting familiar with the navigation, making sure style parts Vol levels are correct, making edits on the fly & writing them as I’m playing here & there…but all in all the PA500 really did a good job sound wise thru my Mackie Pa system, I’m very happy I bought it…each following gig will bring more confidence & fine tuning until its perfect in every way to my standards & liking…there was a standing ovation at one point in the show also eek ……the PA800 vs the S950 which are both good but very different in sound… Live vs CD..the KORG really has a LIVE sound & feel to it as if your playing with a REAL Band backing you up drums, bass, etc, are outstanding as are the sequence order of the variations which add just a little more to each as it builds up to the end of the song……adding certain seq loop multi-pads are a hugh plus also…anyway so far so good……fun to play…as I said earlier I just set it up for my basic performance now, but in a few weeks I’ll have this baby so fine tuned and 100% ready to kick butt....to be continued………

Attachments
tn.jpg

korg.jpg

Edited by Dnj (02/24/12 02:49 PM)

#340931 - 02/26/12 05:08 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Killed it at last nights GIG....this KB sounds AWESOME headphone

Pa500 & Me...Perfect Together...

Edited by Dnj (02/26/12 05:08 PM)

#341770 - 03/10/12 04:41 PM Re: Pa 500 1st thoughts & ramblings.................. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I'm loving the Pa500.....Most KORG factory and other PA model styles work very well.....also Ketron SD1 & Roland G70 Style conversion are terrific too....Yamaha conversions are terrible at best too bad..I now have the best of three worlds and plenty enough styles to cover anything that needs to be covered. That mixed with the excellent navigational feature layout of the Pa500 & Custom Song Book is a players dream......editing, is a big plus too....using the backing sequencer to record songs is so easy..The sequencer provides massive editing power - you can even edit the tone parameters of each track. I never gave my Pa800 a chance a while back,... BUT, I'm so glad I returned to the KORG arranger KB family, actually I was a KORG guy for many many years in the 70's 80's, synths and arrangers as now I know it's perfect for MY arranger KB needs. It's fun to play & perform on stage & gets your creative juices flowing.
Enjoy what you play.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online