SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#341499 - 03/06/12 11:40 AM Ketron Audya support
skude Offline

Frustration computer
After going through all known "channels" to get support for my Audya, I think I can say that Ketron has none support for their products. I have tried dealer, distributors, repairshop, Ketron factory, no one can/will help me to solve my update problem. They don't even have courage to tell me they don't want to help, instead they just ignore e-mails. (except Frank, he forward to CMC, and TWD forward to Ketron It.) Thanks to TWD & Tony for all help, but no luck. My mail direct to Ketron didn't help much, I got one mail from AJ, after that he just vanished into the air. Looks like I'm at the end of the Ketron dead end street stop rotf2

#341503 - 03/06/12 12:20 PM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: skude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

How much is a flight to Italy from Norway, I would put it in a flight case, get on the plane, hire a car and just turn up at the factory, that would surprise them, have few days out in Italy whilst they fix it for you.. Easy jet from the UK is about £70.00.

Just a thought.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341535 - 03/06/12 04:45 PM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: skude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

did you telephone as I suggested?

1) Your distributor (who is responsible for your support issues):
Phone: +1 800 554 59 82

2) Ketron Italy (they speak very good english)
Phone: +39 071 285771

#341542 - 03/06/12 08:53 PM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

Did you do as TWD says. BTW Arcona where Ketron factory is situated, is a pretty long drive from the airport.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341547 - 03/07/12 01:00 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Tony Hughes]
skude Offline

Tony
May be I could get a cheep air fair, but I guess what I had to pay to bring the KB would not be cheep, at least it was not from the US. And custom would probably call Ketron to tell I was there, so they could lock the front door laugh

TWD No, I didn't call, I decided not to. All involved in this case knows what's going on. Ketron It. got my mail, and they got yours, which should count much more than mine, still they don't care. I know Frank did his job contacting CMC distributor. If they have done what they should is hard to tell since they never bother to inform their customers what the deal is, at least not me. I have never said much in public about my frustration with my Audya, I always thought things could be solved. There have been quite a few e-mails back and forth regarding these problems. If we get a lot of rain and wind this spring I may get time to get my website up and running again, then I may upload my e-mails for those of you interested, to read, there will be a few pages smile I will put some music to go with it violin As I said before, I don't think I will go any further with this, I just torture myself. Two and a half years ago I did a big mistake, I can only blame myself for not buying from my local dealer, as TWD says, if I did I would at least had my money back. When I bought this I knew there could be warranty problems living in another country, but never thought it could end up like being banned. Again I will say thanks to you guys trying to help, special thanks to Tony and TWD. clap
The Audya will stay in my studio for my grandson to play, he don't care which OS it's running, and it will be a warning sign to myself in the future. To anyone else, before buying, check to see how support is wink
skude

#341551 - 03/07/12 03:10 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: skude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

There is an expression in the UK "Cutting your nose of to spite your face" which I think you are doing.

By not following through, the only person to suffer is you...as you have a keyboard that will not accept the Upgrade (and any subsequent OS releases) that you have paid for.

Frank cannot be expected to solve this by himself. Granted, your distributor should have acted and Ketron should have understood your email. However they have not and you still have a keyboard that is working, but not able to update. (I don't think there are any other faults are there?)

make the call Leif.

#341553 - 03/07/12 05:52 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Skude,

The offer of the swap is still on with me, I could get it sorted in the UK, me and TWD will take a hammer to it and fix it, I will hold the KB and TWD will hit it with his magic wand.
I know you are at the end but, have you just give up, it will a pig to sell unless a dealer takes it and fixes it.

Pity that boat doesn't sail Hull to Norway I would love to come over for a days fishing with the Audya, I think it was DFDS that use to sail.

Good Luck Skude TWD advice is good, he never lets anyone in the UK down and he covers all the UK.

Tony

#341558 - 03/07/12 09:17 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Tony Hughes]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Skude,
Pity that boat doesn't sail Hull to Norway I would love to come over for a days fishing with the Audya .....

Ehemmmm, do you think any fish would swallow the bait? rolleyes grin

Skude,
did you ever make a call to Bergen Keyboardsenter to ask if they could help you solve this fault or if they have any suggestions about how to fix without travel to Italy? shocked
Tony suggested jump on a plane, but the problem will be that Ketron staff are warned and will know you're on the way by read all passengerlists for incoming foreigners, and then close the shop for vacation until you're left the border again.......

Cheers
GJ

#341560 - 03/07/12 10:56 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Tony Hughes Offline

Jonny,

Do you think Ketron would pull a trick like thaT... rotf2

Tony

#341562 - 03/07/12 11:53 AM Re: Ketron Audya support [Re: Tonewheeldude]
skude Offline

TWD, I know exactly what you mean, I will be, and has been the only one to suffer, well, except you guys listening to me whining drink And I do have a few other faults also.
Tony, we could go fishing, and using the Audya as bait, but I guess the fish will run across the sea, to the UK grin
GJ. I don't think they will let me into the country, not even for a holiday, they may think I will carry with me the Audya in parts wink Bergen Keyboard Senter, sounds like a very good idea, never heard about them. Have been to 4sound Bergen several times. I will try to call them, and ask if they can help. 4 hours drive from here.
Thanks!
skude

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online