SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#341027 - 02/28/12 07:52 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: AFG Music]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: AFG Music
seen discussion here, I agree with NavidSyed and Miden.

vArranger should have all options that are now present on LiveStyler and extra options posted earlier on another thread for asked price:

vArranger software need a style Sequencer with its own format too (maybe MIDI format with Markers recognition for intro-fills-variation-ends):

8-intro
8-variations
8-fills
8-Ends

-and one special guitar track (when you change chords the guitar track, change the chord like a real Guitar Chord Scale)
-and also:

1 track for loops slices (played through a midi midi sequence):

8-intro sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-variations sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-fills (8 midi sequences)
8-Ends (8 midi sequences)

and if you can not make a style Sequencer, then support for

MIDI style with markers and one track for special Guitar track and one for midi sequences for sliced loops will also be good.

then style creators can use third party Sequencer for styles,

and for slices ReCycle:

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/

and of course those options are also an opportunity for Norbert(LiveStyler) to add on LiveStyler and keep the price low as it is(for version without soundsource).

currently LivesStyler need a better Gui and some bugs fixes (for example 7/8 or 7/16 styles does not play correctly) on demo version.

and a new gui should be easily achievable for Nobert, because the software is already written, and developer can easily customize the GUI code section.

it is also important to know which language both programs are written:

becouse a good C++ software is always faster end more stable then some other languages (but it depends on the writer too).

The problem is that every arranger player has different needs and wants, those listed here are your needs and wants(mostly wants)

Personally i agree with every single one of them as being wants on my list.

-I'd also would love to see an option to add audio tracks, that adjust to the chords played and the speed set.
-I'd love to see your proposed guitar mode to be compatible with both Rolands as Korgs guitar mode.
-I'd love for a Matrix view that allows me to combine the beat of Var 1 with the guitar track of Var 2 and the Base of Var5 (touch screens allow for much more versatile UI's then hard buttoned arrangers)

Anyway, with enough innovation the possibilities and quallity of soft arrangers should surpass current hardware arrangers while still being rockstable.

My motto is Easy to opperate on the top layer, and infinite tunabillity in the sub menus. As soon as people realise that soft arrangers have more to offer then just playing the styles that where created for the hardware versions... that they have more possbillities and options while still having the same quallity and stabillity, at a fraction of the costs, then they will move to software arranger.

Both V-arranger and live-styler are continuously growing and addapting and have the prommise of surpassing the standard hardware arrangers. But that will take a lot of time and dedication. But some day in the not to distant future we might realise that they have moved past the hardware versions.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#341033 - 02/28/12 08:44 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: abacus]
AFG Music Offline

http://stygmorgan.berlios.de/features.html

can play yamaha styles and users can create Midi styles on third party sequencer with marker.

pity only under linux, and developer out of reach.

year 2003 this software has verry good options:

http://www.soundtrek.com/content/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11

'm not sure yet developed

Edited by AFG Music (02/28/12 08:48 AM)

#341035 - 02/28/12 10:10 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: AFG Music]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Jammer Live (your last link there) WAS an excellent app, as was its big brother Jammer Pro...it was a very good little software arranger, and very solid under XP. I actually STILL have my licenced full version somewhere on the data drive "gathering dust"

A pity Soundtrek did not take it further, it was an EXCELLENT start and so far ahead of the others available at the time

Thanks for the memory wink

#341058 - 02/28/12 02:52 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: miden]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
I'll find the styles I'm talking about.

Other question , does your version of Livestyler play Ketron styles, if so, I have a style that I'd luv a midifile of, plus an mp3,mainly interested in Intro's/Endings. Don't even care if you have correect drums, just mute, it's not the sound I'mm interested in, it's the data.

I've only got the older basic version which doesn't play Ketron. Haven't bothered to upgrade my version as yet.
Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Bachus,
one problem I've had with LiveStyler for years, is it's ability to play back piano arpeggio's correctly. A lot of the styles I use have piano arpeggio's.
I don't mean a simple synth type arpeggio, I mean a proper piano arpeggio that could literally be used on it's own.

Ok , it might play back correctly using a C maj chord, when I play just say an F min chord, it jumbled up the notes, instead of holding to the correct pattern and just transposing the notes to suit. What one would call a Parallel setting in Korg.

Wondering if version. 14 has fixed that.
[quote=Bachus]

Rikki,

Send me one of your piano arp styles, and I will happily test it for you...

Dennis

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341059 - 02/28/12 04:05 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: rikkisbears]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Rikki,
Yep sure do...BUT I am still finalising the OSL Sound library that will be used exclusively on the OSL System...should only be a few days, so if you can wait that long...no probs...

The piano arp one I can do straight away, as it is really only seeing if it actually runs okay, not ow it sounds correct?

Cheers
Dennis

#341060 - 02/28/12 04:11 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: miden]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dennis,
thank you, that would be great. May have to be later this afternoon, I'm waiting for my new washer/dryer to arrive.
Better do a Laundry tidy up first. haahaa

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341061 - 02/28/12 04:15 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: AFG Music]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi
Jammer Live was great in it's day. They only did version 1 & stopped updating it ( as far as I'm aware) So dissapointing.

Originally Posted By: AFG Music

year 2003 this software has verry good options:

http://www.soundtrek.com/content/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=11

'm not sure yet developed

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online