SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#339243 - 02/10/12 01:28 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: DAN.2000]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dan,
be interesting to see how you go with the korg format.
Pre or Post Guitar Mode?
Guitar Mode 1 (PA2X)
Guitar Mode 2 (PA3X)
Guitar Mode 1.These aren't normal midi tracks. Single Notes actually create strums. Chord Changes for Intro's & Endings are created via note velocity.
Guitar Mode 2 as above, but with the addition of midi notes in Guitar Mode tracks.

The earlier pre guitar mode styles were more simple.
When viewed in a pc sequencer they are quite similar to psr styles.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#339251 - 02/10/12 04:16 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: rikkisbears]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I am still at trying to understand the Korg style compression algorythm. A little far from decoding the guitar modes smile

Note that Yamaha since Tyros 3 also own a special guitar mode.

Ketron on the audya also use some special mapping for the audio guitars

The best would be a mix of all those ideas to make guitar tracks more live smile

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#339317 - 02/10/12 08:29 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: DAN.2000]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dan,
yeh, but they're still just mid tracks, korg guitar mode tracks aren't.
ie, if you change the yamaha style's to .mid, it turns it into a midifile of the style.
You'd know better than me, but I'm guessing guitar mode in yamaha is actually an additional note transposition setting allowing more realistic voicing of guitar tracks???
Not the case in the korg pa2x, if i export a style as a midifile , the single guitar mode notes that produce strums, stay as they are, only time they get expanded into a full chord is if used when recording a song & saving song as a midifle.
Reminds me a bit of the guitar macro notes used in some of the Band in a Box midi styles.
Only point i was trying to make is, to me (someone who knows absolutely nothing about computer programming) the style structure appears to be a bit more complex than on the Ketron or Yamaha.

I really hope you can work it out. Be fanastic if VArranger can eventually play all 4 main style formats. Currently Ketron/Yamaha,
Roland on it's way, and if you manage to add Korg, even if only for Pre Guitar mode styles ( the early version of PA800 styles didn't have guitar mode . Guitar mode was an upgrade of function & some upgraded styles, a few months after I bought my PA800.)

[quote=DAN.2000]Note that Yamaha since Tyros 3 also own a special guitar mode.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#340900 - 02/26/12 09:37 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: rikkisbears]
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Dan, how close are you with the V Arranger being able to play Yamaha styles?

Will you be providing Wavetables with V Arranger, e.g., GM, XG, etc.?

Can you program the V Arranger to respond to fills, endings, etc. by using the lowest octave on a midi keyboard?

If you can let me in on your future or strategic plans I could be persuaded to part with my cash and invest in V Arranger. You can email me directly at flr@mts.net.

You probably already know that I have been using a software based arranger for many, many, many years. Along with this I have been using VSTs and samples.

Rikki, I still think you should give up on hardware based arrangers and go with an elegant, reliable and powerful software based arranger system!!! Just sayin'. It feels lonely in here .... it would be nice if there were at least one more person who only uses software (ignoring Wersi, Mediastation, etc.)....oh well!!!

Frank

Edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (02/26/12 10:08 AM)

#340912 - 02/26/12 01:01 PM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: Frank L. Rosenthal]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Frank,
how are you, haven't seen you pop up in ages. So good to hear from you again.

I'm just enjoying my PA3X too much to give up on my keyboards. I do have Dan's Varranger though.

How's your your 2012 setup going?

btw VArranger does play Yamaha styles already. Dan's working on adding Roland in the future.
Better to let Dan fill you in on the rest of your questions.
Originally Posted By: Frank L. Rosenthal

Rikki, I still think you should give up on hardware based arrangers and go with an elegant, reliable and powerful software based arranger system!!! Just sayin'. It feels lonely in here .... it would be nice if there were at least one more person who only uses software (ignoring Wersi, Mediastation, etc.)....oh well!!!

Frank

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#340954 - 02/27/12 04:30 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: rikkisbears]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Frank,

vArranger can play Yamaha styles.

vArranger is always improving its universal sound module support with its GM GM2 GS and XG modes + instrument definition from INS files too. It is still not 100% perfect, but always improving through new free updates.

For each style, you can save the routing, so you decide that the BASS sound will go to one midi module, and the DRUMS will sound with another sound module or VST

I am also working on a 100% software package to go with vArranger. With SF2 support too

But from what I tested with Hypersonic2, the sound is very good.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/topic/47403/gonew/1

I will receive the latest Steinberg Halion Sonic VST this week, and will test it very well too.

You can of course decide that the lowest octave of a midi keyboard will control fills, ending, and all other features of vArranger....

You can also decide that a Key will trigger ENDING 2 for a song, and ENDING 3 for another song...

Let me know if you need more information.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#340967 - 02/27/12 07:40 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: DAN.2000]

Dan, I think you got a sale....you are an excellent sales person!!!

I use Halion Sonic v1.5. What is the difference with version 2 of Halion (regular) vs sonic?

I have been using other wavetables as well SGM2.01, Kontakt Bandstand, etc. In addition I use forte to tie it all together. For the right hand voices I use high quality samples, e.g., kontakt, eastwest, Bardstown, and many, many, many more.

Thank you

Frank

#340968 - 02/27/12 07:46 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: rikkisbears]

Rikki, I am doing fine after some very dark years. I have been keeping my software based system updated and am completely at home with it. The biggest changes in recent times has been the switch to a very powerful PC (memory, processor and hard drives, etc.).....there is just no latency, noise, distortion, or other artifacts on my systerm.

Thank you

Frank

#340970 - 02/27/12 09:21 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: Frank L. Rosenthal]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Frank L. Rosenthal
Dan, I think you got a sale....you are an excellent sales person!!!

I use Halion Sonic v1.5. What is the difference with version 2 of Halion (regular) vs sonic?

I have been using other wavetables as well SGM2.01, Kontakt Bandstand, etc. In addition I use forte to tie it all together. For the right hand voices I use high quality samples, e.g., kontakt, eastwest, Bardstown, and many, many, many more.

Thank you

Frank

Good to hear from you again Frank. Just wondering what styleplayer you're currently using?

Originally Posted By: DAN.2000
Hi Frank,

vArranger can play Yamaha styles.

vArranger is always improving its universal sound module support with its GM GM2 GS and XG modes + instrument definition from INS files too. It is still not 100% perfect, but always improving through new free updates.

For each style, you can save the routing, so you decide that the BASS sound will go to one midi module, and the DRUMS will sound with another sound module or VST

I am also working on a 100% software package to go with vArranger. With SF2 support too

But from what I tested with Hypersonic2, the sound is very good.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/topic/47403/gonew/1

I will receive the latest Steinberg Halion Sonic VST this week, and will test it very well too.

You can of course decide that the lowest octave of a midi keyboard will control fills, ending, and all other features of vArranger....

You can also decide that a Key will trigger ENDING 2 for a song, and ENDING 3 for another song...

Let me know if you need more information.

The big advantage of Hypersonic is that it produces the typical Yamaha sound and therefor is a very good soundsource for .sty files. (steinberg is owned by Yamaha)

--------------------------------------

I have got another question, has anyone been playing around with KORG styles? and how would it be to use a Kronos as the soundsource for those Korg styles?

As Ricky recently explained, it seems Korg styles style format is a bit more complicated then the others, and therefor requires a lot of work to implement.. Is it possible to get the guitar mode working?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340973 - 02/27/12 09:55 AM Re: Possible Live Styler Workstation on the way [Re: Bachus]

Bachus, I am currently using Live-Styler v14 with all the wavetables and samples you can buy from Norbert. In addition, I have OMB.

Long ago (possibly in the 1990s) I started with style players such as Music Companion (Roland styles), RMCA, Evolution Studio Pro (I am not sure I got the name right) Jammer Live and a few others (can't remember). From here I moved into Live - Styler for live playing and sometimes used OMB.

I will acquire VArranger today.

Thank you

Frank

Edited by Frank L. Rosenthal (02/27/12 09:56 AM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online