SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#340773 - 02/24/12 05:13 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Scottyee]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
what's new Scott.

Anyway, thank you for posting the clip.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. i coudn't care less if it was a backing midifile or a style.
I'd gladly swap for keyboard collection for talent like that.

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi all,
What's wrong with some of you guys? confused1
I'm finding it interesting that posting Rico's videos has only turned this into a debate over auto accompainemt vs midi backing track performance,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#340791 - 02/24/12 11:21 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Ketron User]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Ketron User
A little child can play this with midifiles !
Shame for this musician and a disgrace for all the real musicians out there !!!
Carlo.

Are you inferring that keyboard players that play with a band backing also aren't real musicians? You must be kidding. How the backing is provided isn't important ( be it styles, SMF or a live band ), it is what is being played over the backing that is important.

Rico is an impressive player and I hope to hear more from him.

If you can do better then simply put your own clip up to make your point.

#340793 - 02/25/12 12:02 AM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Ketron User
A little child can play this with midifiles !
Shame for this musician and a disgrace for all the real musicians out there !!!
Carlo.

If you can do better then simply put your own clip up to make your point.

Nigel,

You plucked the words right from my mouth, don't know if it can be done like that on a Ketron, we shall see or not as is the case.

Tico Tico rates up at the tops, think this might be the guys nickname now, not seen anyone on SZ swing it like that ever, unless you know different and this guy is not afraid of the audio or the video. He's not into one dimensional and mono. I am glad I never said I could play that good, I would go into hiding now if I did. duel

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340826 - 02/25/12 08:23 AM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: jpapas]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: jpapas

Funny but over at KSS and other fora they wouldn't consider you a real musician just for the fact that you use an arranger.
Is KSS an internet forum?
What does KSS stand for? grin

#340831 - 02/25/12 10:46 AM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Scottyee]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello everyone.
Thanks to my new good friend Scott Yee for introducing me to Synthzone
and thanks to everyone for watching my videos.
I started out gigging at restuarants in Amersterdam
when I was 20 and played for ten years there.
After that time, I took a long rest, and 6 years ago
I took up singing. Twelve weeks ago I purchased a Tyros 4
and it changed my life because I can now play
better than I ever did before with my other keyboards:
a Roland G70 & G1000, which I've owned for 8+ years.
I look forward to learning and sharing arranger keyboard
information, tips & experiences with my new
friends here at Synthzone

Friendly Greetings Rico

PS:

Just to let everyone know, I also play my keyboards in arranger mode.
Here is is my live auto accomp rendition of Desifinado and Besame Mucho (see below).
One of the reasons I typically prefer to play along with pro level midi backing tracks is because the bass line and drums are typically more authentic to what a live musician might play, especially because style loops are more repetitive.
It's my personal opinion that playing professionally with a backing track is more difficult to achieve than playing in auto accompaniment mode because a backing track expects you keep up with the band, but when using a style you have an easier possibility to cover up mistakes by improvising a new chord or make a melodic change to your playing to match that different chord.

#340833 - 02/25/12 11:43 AM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Scottyee]
Tony Hughes Offline

Well we have a new shining star just like his eyes, I had a vague idea it would be better than we thought and I was right, this guy is GOOD,GOOD,GOOD clap nice to have you with us Rico.

King Rico just rolls off the tongue, the old King is dead.... who was he anyway...heeee party
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#340836 - 02/25/12 12:06 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Tony Hughes]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hi Tony
Thank you verry much for youre nice reply
To be honest i am a little overwhelmed with al the things happening but i realy enjoy it.
O and about the eyes thats easy

Because i am 24/7 behind that tyros those lights in the T4
Infiltrated my eyes so i dont think that avatar wil ever change lol
Regards Rico

Edited by KeyBTyros (02/25/12 12:17 PM)

#340840 - 02/25/12 01:50 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: KeyBTyros]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Rico ... Welcome to the asylum ... wink smile
woot

#340841 - 02/25/12 01:55 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: tony mads usa]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Rico ... Welcome to the asylum ... wink smile
woot

Tony,

Rico is the new Doctor and he is going to be dealing out your medication now, or should I say he is going to be giving us the new medicine.... it's going to be nice... I have no doubt. clap

the other Tony

#340844 - 02/25/12 03:01 PM Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 [Re: Scottyee]
KeyBTyros Offline

Hi Guys,

Tony M Thank you verry much

And Tony H lol
I think i gonna fullfill youre request
atleast i gonna try you said tonight so ill hope it wil work because i never done it so stay tuned i like to do stuff like this because you never know how its gonna work out
Regards Rico

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online