SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#341043 - 02/28/12 11:29 AM TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?)
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

Alrite ya fruity bas[*******automatic censor, please use appropriate wording*******]

Ok new try. I decided to come back and check sh... stuff out. I understand my old (and very dear) friend Scott posted one of my recent.. ehm.. performances here for you to .... ehm.. "enjoy", and ok. I got no problem with that I'm not gonna fake who I am, I like to get tanked after a hard day at work and share my fun, who doesn't.

Back to the topic though, I got the Tyros4 about as soon as it was released, been gigging with it like an as... as anyone who would have a T4. Of course. I've been immensely content with all it has to offer, and my dear SynthZone friends I can promise you I will be posting a lot of live stuff for you to check out. I always play live and real time auto-accomp on my gigs, with no SMF/MIDI backings whatsoever.... so.. what better way to make my welcome than to completely deviate from this with some REAL GENUINE BONA-FIDE karaoke-smf-midi-shiznit-backing performance: my latest episode of DRUNK KARAOKE (warning, may contain profanity as usual) ----------> Quando Quando!!!!

IT'S GOOD TO BE BACK :DDDD

#341044 - 02/28/12 11:47 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I don't know why....but I like this guy grin

#341045 - 02/28/12 11:52 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
TheWolf Offline

Special price for you (SZ member lover or hater) here's a good one hour fifteen minutes of live shiznit from last summer on a Tyros4 (AND MY GUITARIST):
http://82.203.210.89/temp/HienotKaverit_LIVE_20.8.2011_Helsinki.mp3

Ok I know the vocals are mostly in Finnish, but hey you can still make out the songs. No prob.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN! laugh Dunno when my web server will be shut down wink

Edited by TheWolf (02/28/12 11:58 AM)

#341051 - 02/28/12 12:59 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
TheWolf Offline

forgot to say, just rigght click and "save target as" if ya want that on your hard dick.

real treat for any Shadow guitar types out there, at 00:52:35 !! Live with Tyros4 60'sGuitar pop style & my guitarist.

EDIT: and yea in response to the recent thread here about using the expression pedal... after listening to this set anyone will realize it's really essential!

Edited by TheWolf (02/28/12 01:08 PM)

#341055 - 02/28/12 02:02 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Get the hook!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#341064 - 02/28/12 05:31 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Hahaha, me too. He is very entertaining. Good singer!

I'd like to get Mr. Quando Quando down here with my beer-drinkin' buddies and show him what rednecks can do. I hope he likes alligators and cotton mouths and skeeters. And beer.

Mr. Wolf, you may not realized this... but I think there might be an audience for your act. No lie. People love to see a train wreck. You have a charming one. And you can sing!

#341066 - 02/28/12 06:13 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: TheWolf
here's a good one hour fifteen minutes of live shiznit from last summer on a Tyros4 (AND MY GUITARIST):
http://82.203.210.89/temp/HienotKaverit_LIVE_20.8.2011_Helsinki.mp3
Wolfman Heikki dude buddy. smile
Yep, I fondly recall that live recording of that gig you did with Henka (guitarist) last summer. clap
In addition to your solid performance of the well known american classics, I especially admire your terrific authentic rendition of the Finnish classics like:

Salattu suru
Kaksi Kitaraa
Yolintu

Thanks for your loyal longtime friendship & support & introducing me to Finnish Iskelma music (from: Topi Sorsakoski, the Agents, Yolintu, Jorma Kääriäinen, etc) and to Finnish culture as well. I love the uniquely minor & very expressive sound of this music. As you already know, I've even added a couple of the songs you taught me (incl. Solenzara "finnish" version) to my act. It's all good !

- Scott cool

ok folks: Since Heikki's now let the cat out of the bag with Quando Quando, here's another drunk Karaoke session he did last week (while his wife was away): grin
Ok, Profanity is already given, so at this point, I suppose no more warnings are really needed when it comes to the Wolf's posts or his music.
Proceed at your own Risk ! LOL

Scott

#341069 - 02/28/12 08:48 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: TheWolf]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Get the hook!
Hi Gary, smile
Not sure what you meant, but if 'get the hook' means you want the profanity removed or that Heikki be banned (again), please read on:

Whatever Nigel decides to do (it's up to him of course):
leave the thread as is, remove certain words he deems offensive, or the entire thread, or ban Heikki altogether again,
here's my take on the use of profanity in his posts, as well as in some of his associated music.

I honestly don't think he uses it to intentially denigrate or hurt anyone, but that it's a Tourettes Syndrone tic mannerism in his speech pattern.

Believe it or not, in Finland, profanity is looked upon as more or less an acceptable part of everyday speech.
See Wikipedia's description of Finnish Profanity.

Heikki admits that it's the influence of 'American' blockbuster movies like the Godfather & Goodfellas,
as well as the popular (albeit irreverent) 1990's American comedy team, The Jerky Boys, (wikipedia description) that he picked up this style of NY American English. shocked

You might ask: How do I feel about profanity on our forum?
First of all, I realize there's already lots of profanity being freely expressed everywhere on the internet (including major news & media websites). That won't change.
If parents are afraid their children are being exposed to something questionable,
then the parents should make a point of supervising their children whenever possible and/or install internet parental controls.
It might not be a perfect plan, but it's better than censorship (freedom of speech), of which I cherish.

That said, I find Heikki's videos entertaining and hope they aren't removed.

Scott cool

#341070 - 02/28/12 10:05 PM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Fran Carango]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Simple Fran, because he can sing duel

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#341073 - 02/29/12 12:07 AM Re: TheWolf making a SZ comeback... in his style(?) [Re: Tony Hughes]
Tony Hughes Offline

I stopped drinking 8 years back, but I still can't sing drink
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online