Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70

Posted by: Scottyee

Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/22/12 10:18 AM

Here's terrific rendition of Tico Tico by Rico Van Aken. clap

Also included below is his latest impressive vocal of the classic Elvis song: "Don't". woot

Other videos I posted of his impressive musicianship can be seen here.
Knowing that Rico has visited our forum, hope he'll consider joining Synthzone and perhaps participate as well. smile

Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/22/12 10:57 AM

Who would have thought of that a Tyros 4 and a G70, Doh!!!

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/22/12 11:42 PM

How is this guy changing registrations without hands or feet, the voices on the T4 keep changing but the LEDS don't.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
How is this guy changing registrations without hands or feet, the voices on the T4 keep changing but the LEDS don't.

Rico Van Aken said that he was playing along to a midi backing sequence.
Very impressive keyboard playing, yet I too notice what Tony has observed . . .
@1:34 and @ 1:51
Any ideas? confused1

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 06:53 AM

Hi Tony.
Mystery Solved! woot
Rico used Yamaha's: "Registration Memory Sequence" feature,
enabling him to automatically trigger "pre-programmed" Reg changes with his right foot via foot switch pedal.
If you look very carefully, the footswitch cable can be spotted leading out from his right shoe.
A split second right before he switches from the organ sound to the guitar sound on Tyros 4
you can see him quickly and discreetly activate the foot pedal @ approx 1:34 and then press it again right before he returns to the organ sound. The Registration button lights change accordingly from reg 2 to 3 and back to 2 as well. cool

Recalling the many heated Synthzone debates over the years here
about playing along to midi files vs auto accompaniment style playing,
I think Rico's skilled talent at playing along to "midi backing tracks" impressively showcases
the benefits of playing along to a midi backing track vs limiting arranger keyboard playing to auto accomp style playing alone.

Rico, that's very impressive footwork on your part, esp on such a quickly moving song. clap
You even had "me" fooled there for a bit. grin

Posted by: Ketron User

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 07:39 AM

A little child can play this with midifiles !
Shame for this musician and a disgrace for all the real musicians out there !!!

Midifile used is Tico-Tico version from Klaus Wunderlich, witch i also have in my collection somewhere, but i don't need it to play Tico-Tico..., in fact, i don't ever use midi's, i am still a real musician..., on a real Wersi-Organ ! Every one want to play this cheap Yamaha's, but with the sounds from Wersi ???
One advice : Buy yourself a real Wersi !

Carlo.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 08:14 AM

Mystery over.... and Ketron User is this a cardinal sin and such a disgrace what he did, I'm not certain, if he had put is name to it without the video, you would never have known.

Tony
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 01:16 PM

Play what you like, as you like ... as long as you are not taking credit for work that is NOT YOURS and you are entertaining people, what is the difference???
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Play what you like, as you like ... as long as you are not taking credit for work that is NOT YOURS and you are entertaining people, what is the difference???

lets not forget Styles ARE really Midi files.. wink
Posted by: dralion

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 04:51 PM

A performer/singer's backing band is a human midi file. smile
Posted by: mdorantes

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 07:24 PM

Just to make clear something, Yes, styles are "BITS" of midi files, that may make you sound great IF playing in REAL time, depending on the sophistication of the arrangement, chops of the player, not just playing the proper chord progression, but also making the necessary variation, fill, break, etc changes...all this ON TIME. keys

ALL this things HAVE to be accomplished BY the musician. piano

Playing along with the "non" style/ Regular-normal Midi file(is also considered Real Time), will have the chord progression, and changes embedded without the intervention of the player.
SO, it does not require skill other than play ONLY the melody right. violin
Posted by: jpapas

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Ketron User

Midifile used is Tico-Tico version from Klaus Wunderlich, witch i also have in my collection somewhere, but i don't need it to play Tico-Tico..., in fact, i don't ever use midi's, i am still a real musician..., on a real Wersi-Organ ! Every one want to play this cheap Yamaha's, but with the sounds from Wersi ???

Carlo.

Funny but over at KSS and other fora they wouldn't consider you a real musician just for the fact that you use an arranger.
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 07:59 PM

No Professional player that plays over/with SMF's will ever "just play a melody line"...The melody is usually "sung"...The proper way to use SMF's is to remove the parts you want to play "live" ..they could be a counter line, embellished chords, brass parts, organ parts ..or riffs..even bass lines...

It takes more talent to play with Smf's than chording a left hand and a simple melody on the right hand...I can see most folks do not have a clue to playing professionally with sequences...

As for "Pros" that play arranger keyboard...we apparently are the smart ones...Maybe "purist" should learn the benefits of arranger keyboards....they are not only for "auto play"...They are designed for fast set ups and will accept great players abilities..as any workstation available...

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/23/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: jpapas

Carlo.

Funny but over at KSS and other fora they wouldn't consider you a real musician just for the fact that you use an arranger.

Ketron User,

Do you feel like turning all your arranger features off and go back to basics, see how you sound, what would that look like a Hammond B3, nice one Carlo I was going to say just that, you can take the rap for it now, still you are right, lots of things to help you on an arranger, look how far the Tyros has come over the years that make it so easy to play, professionals and amateurs.

Tony
Posted by: lahawk

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 07:54 AM

Thanks for the videos Scott. Playing along with SMF or styles, both have their challenges, but I do know, I was entertained by Rico's 'Tico Tico' and his performances. I hope he decides to join SZ.

BTW, Does it take more talent to play a non arranger keyboard if you have a live 5 piece band backing? My opinion, it takes as much, or even more effort to play as a OMB using an arranger with either styles or SMF as the band.

So for me, either playing a keyboard with a 5 piece band, or playing an arranger with styles, or playing an arranger along with SMF's, or playing solo on a piano or organ are all good.

Lately. I just sit back and enjoy them all.

After all "It is what it is"
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 08:05 AM

Lets not forget the TALENT it takes to create a SMF file also..

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 09:18 AM

Hi all,
What's wrong with some of you guys? confused1
I'm finding it interesting that posting Rico's videos has only turned this into a debate over auto accompainemt vs midi backing track performance,
and that hardly anyone bothered to appreciate, or even acknowledge the technical artistry and musician showmanship of Rico's live keyboard playing.
I admire his polished 2 kb playing technique & precise timing, as well as the musical expression (emotion) that he exudes in his playing.

Rico's playing style is really no different than a traditional keyboard player might use when playing tradition keyboard with a live top orchestra backing him,
or as dralion put it: "A performer/singer's backing band is a human midi file". smile

Whether you choose to use backing tracks or play with styles
remains a personal chose, each with it's unique set of benefits, challenges and limitations,
all of which have already been discussed and debated here.

IMHO, mastering both auto accomp 'arranger style' playing, 'playing along with high quality backing tracks',
as well as being able to play our arranger keyboard as a 'traditioanl solo piano' can only then make us a more complete arranger keyboard musician. rocker

I don't give a rat's ass what method someone uses to play their keyboard, as it's the (honest) content & character (musical expression) of the music,
not the method used to achieve it that impresses me, and
I for one am very impressed with Rico's musicianship and think he deserves appreciation and respect for it. clap

Rico has informed me that he has joined Synthzone and is simply awaiting email address confirmation from Nigel.

Rico, welcome to you Synthzone buddy. I'm really looking forward to your participation.

Scott smile

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 10:04 AM

well said, Scott ...

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 10:52 AM

Scott,

" You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink ".

I think Larry Hawks tells it all, as Larry always does, the guys is very good, I will drink the water with you, if others can't see or don't want to say he's good, just move on.

If he is now a SZ member, I think we had all better look out for better things to come, maybe this is what SZ really needs new good young blood, there's certainly not a lot of it around.

Regards

Tony
Posted by: dralion

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Hi all,
IMHO, mastering both auto accomp 'arranger style' playing, 'playing along with high quality backing tracks',
as well as being able to play our arranger keyboard as a 'traditioanl solo piano' can only then make us a more complete arranger keyboard musician. rocker
Scott smile

Very well put, Scott. I couldn't have said it better myself!
Posted by: rikkisbears

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 05:13 PM

Hi,
what's new Scott.

Anyway, thank you for posting the clip.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. i coudn't care less if it was a backing midifile or a style.
I'd gladly swap for keyboard collection for talent like that.

Hi all,
What's wrong with some of you guys? confused1
I'm finding it interesting that posting Rico's videos has only turned this into a debate over auto accompainemt vs midi backing track performance,
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/24/12 11:21 PM

Carlo.

Are you inferring that keyboard players that play with a band backing also aren't real musicians? You must be kidding. How the backing is provided isn't important ( be it styles, SMF or a live band ), it is what is being played over the backing that is important.

Rico is an impressive player and I hope to hear more from him.

If you can do better then simply put your own clip up to make your point.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Carlo.

If you can do better then simply put your own clip up to make your point.

Nigel,

You plucked the words right from my mouth, don't know if it can be done like that on a Ketron, we shall see or not as is the case.

Tico Tico rates up at the tops, think this might be the guys nickname now, not seen anyone on SZ swing it like that ever, unless you know different and this guy is not afraid of the audio or the video. He's not into one dimensional and mono. I am glad I never said I could play that good, I would go into hiding now if I did. duel

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 08:23 AM

Originally Posted By: jpapas

Is KSS an internet forum?
What does KSS stand for? grin
Posted by: KeyBTyros

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 10:46 AM

Hello everyone.
Thanks to my new good friend Scott Yee for introducing me to Synthzone
and thanks to everyone for watching my videos.
I started out gigging at restuarants in Amersterdam
when I was 20 and played for ten years there.
After that time, I took a long rest, and 6 years ago
I took up singing. Twelve weeks ago I purchased a Tyros 4
and it changed my life because I can now play
better than I ever did before with my other keyboards:
a Roland G70 & G1000, which I've owned for 8+ years.
I look forward to learning and sharing arranger keyboard
information, tips & experiences with my new
friends here at Synthzone

Friendly Greetings Rico

PS:

Just to let everyone know, I also play my keyboards in arranger mode.
Here is is my live auto accomp rendition of Desifinado and Besame Mucho (see below).
One of the reasons I typically prefer to play along with pro level midi backing tracks is because the bass line and drums are typically more authentic to what a live musician might play, especially because style loops are more repetitive.
It's my personal opinion that playing professionally with a backing track is more difficult to achieve than playing in auto accompaniment mode because a backing track expects you keep up with the band, but when using a style you have an easier possibility to cover up mistakes by improvising a new chord or make a melodic change to your playing to match that different chord.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:43 AM

Well we have a new shining star just like his eyes, I had a vague idea it would be better than we thought and I was right, this guy is GOOD,GOOD,GOOD clap nice to have you with us Rico.

King Rico just rolls off the tongue, the old King is dead.... who was he anyway...heeee party

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 12:06 PM

Hi Tony
Thank you verry much for youre nice reply
To be honest i am a little overwhelmed with al the things happening but i realy enjoy it.
O and about the eyes thats easy

Because i am 24/7 behind that tyros those lights in the T4
Infiltrated my eyes so i dont think that avatar wil ever change lol
Regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 01:50 PM

Rico ... Welcome to the asylum ... wink smile
woot

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 01:55 PM

woot

Tony,

Rico is the new Doctor and he is going to be dealing out your medication now, or should I say he is going to be giving us the new medicine.... it's going to be nice... I have no doubt. clap

the other Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 03:01 PM

Hi Guys,

Tony M Thank you verry much

And Tony H lol
I think i gonna fullfill youre request
atleast i gonna try you said tonight so ill hope it wil work because i never done it so stay tuned i like to do stuff like this because you never know how its gonna work out
Regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 03:31 PM

woot

Synthzone Cuckoo's Nest : grin

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 04:44 PM

Hi Rico,
thank you for sharing those last 2 demo's.
Thoroughly enjoyed them. 2 great tunes.

Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
Hello everyone.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 05:35 PM

Hi Rikki
Thank you verry much

And something to tel to everyone
looking into this treath
something happend tonight
i am verry curious what you people wil think of this
Tony H Pointed me out to a song tonight from julio eglesias
he said to me i like you to to play this tonight lol as a joke
then i said to him ok m8 i wil look into it only 1 problem i never played it before but then again most of what i have on youtube i never played before
so i started to look into this song he said its called HEY And OMG Its so beautifull song
and i record it and i gonna upload it for him ( And @LL )
i am verry exited what you and he wil think of it !
i did this in 1 hour and tbh i could not believe it myself
Problem is when i watch myself i cant believe that i just did this maby nice to tell to you all i dont have had any lessons and i dont read notes everything i do is straight from my heart and feelings
When it is uploaded i wil post it here under the msg

Regards Rico i hope you all Enjoy It

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 05:41 PM

Problem is when i watch myself i cant believe that i just did this maby nice to tell to you all i dont have had any lessons and i dont read notes everything i do is straight from my heart and feelings
When it is uploaded i wil post it here under the msg

Regards Rico i hope you all Enjoy It

NO LESSONS and YOU DON'T READ MUSIC?!?!? ... I am VERY envious ... sick

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 05:54 PM

HI Tony
yeah m8 i cant help it its the truth
i feel verry blessed
i do hope i blow tony H from his chair now he challenged me
so stay tuned i gonna upload it now
so it wil be on in a few minutes i hope
regards rIco

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 06:26 PM

Ok Guys Here It is i hope you enjoy it
ok and Specialy for Tony Huges he made me do it lol so i hope you like it smile
Regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 06:43 PM

Wow,
that was beautiful Rico.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thank You.

Good request Tony, I luv Julio Iglesias.
( there again what female doesn't haahaa )
That's a really good choice.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 07:22 PM

Hi rikki
Thank you verry much
I am verry happy with tony
because i was a litle scared about the fact what i should do as next song after tico tico
But its unbelieveble i am so happy with this one
i am so glad he pointed me out to this song because i realy love it and i didnt even know the song but i have a feeling lots of people wil love this, because in my opinion its a realy beautifull song

Funny part also is i wasnt even planning a song because i had the idea of waiting a little before my next song but as you can see something happend unexpected
i even myself didnt know that i was going to do this
but i must say that the thing i like about it all the best things are those that are not planned
so i am realy happy with it myself all thanks to tony

regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 07:26 PM

Hi Rico,
That's an absolutely beautiful song performance. clap
Like you, I too had never heard of the song "Hey" before
when Tony, at the drop of a hat, challenged you to record this song
during our Skype video voice chat with him earlier today.
Your quickly produced performance shows what a gifted and musically expressive keyboard artist you are.

A question: assumung you played along with a midi backing track played
back on the G70's onboard sequencer, was this a "commerical" midi backing track
specifally created for the song "Hey",
or a backing track you yourself created on the G70/Tyros 4? Either way, it sounded great.

This impressive demo showcases the benefit of playing along to pre-recorded midi or audio backing tracks
vs auto accompaniment and/or solo keyboard playing alone.

Catch you back on Skype soon,

Scott smile

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:01 PM

He Guys,

Last night I sent Rico my version of "Hey" played slightly faster than the original, Rico didn't know what the tune was until I sent him the song Julio Iglesias of youtube and within a short space of time Bang here it is, Rico, the born Natural, it is one of Julio best songs IMO. clap

Now what about that little know piece we talked about by my old friend Mr Litz "Liebestraum"

Regards and thanks: clap clap clap

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:18 PM

Hi Ricco,
if you're taking requests, I luv
Begin the Bequine.
hint, hint, haahaa

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:29 PM

Hi Scott,
you're kidding.
You really should check out some of Julio's songs, he's got some lovely tunes.
I've got a boxed set of his cd's floating round somewhere.

Drove my husband nuts back in early 90's with Richard Clayderman ( adored him ) John Barry's movie scores , Julio Iglesias, and an aussie by the name of Anthony Warlow. About all I ever played haahaa.

[quote=Scottyee]Hi Rico,

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Scott,
you're kidding.

You really should check out some of Julio's songs, he's got some lovely tunes.

Spot on Rikki, but Hey was the best ever IMO., but when you ask people most don't have a clue what it sounds like, if you look at some of Julios vidoe he appears to sing it differently each time, he is a old smoothie, lots of girls....hell woot As Fran Fangio would say "Made in Italy" but I think Spain this time... rotfl

Even "King Rico" he didn't know it, didn't stop him playing it 30 mins later. Gota find a Kings Crown funny from somewhere for Rico..

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/25/12 11:54 PM

Rikki,

Take a look at this, the Uk Nickname for Julio, long time back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3OctV0o6c

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 12:56 AM

Hi Tony,
now, that's one sexy hunk of man. haahaahaa

Rikki,

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:08 AM

Hi Tony,
hadn't realized he does different versions. Definately a beautiful song, it's on one of my cds.
I'm pretty sure that he's Spanish.
Maybe he was a bigger name in Europe/Uk & Aust. than in USA???

Spot on Rikki, but Hey was the best ever IMO., but when you ask people most don't have a clue what it sounds like, if you look at some of Julios vidoe he appears to sing it differently each time, he is a old smoothie, lots of girls....hell woot As Fran Fangio would say "Made in Italy" but I think Spain this time... rotfl

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:20 AM

Rikki,

Yes hes was very big in the UK and Europe, did many UK tours.

Tony
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:40 AM

Rico, this is just beautiful! headphone

I've always said, (and you sure do confirmed it by your performances), that music played stright from the heart sounds better than played stright from the paper.

Thank's for sharing, Hey is one of my JE favourites, and your rendering of it made me listen to it twice so far. smile

Keep 'em coming!

Cheers from Norway,
GJ

BTW
G-70 and T4 looks as a great combination.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 02:19 AM

Jonny,

T4 and Audya are as good OIMO... can't sell the Audya so I may have to keep it, Doh...

Anyway long live Tico Rico the New King.

All these people coming out the cupboard who know "Hey" and love it.

We are badly in need of a court jester now any ideas suppose it will have to be me... rotf2 unless you have any ideas for a culprit. No come to think of it Scotteeeee started all this he can be the jester, hell I've had enough fun poked at me about the Audya..

Tony
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 02:27 AM

Rikki,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3OctV0o6c

Tony

Man, I had forgotten about that! I remember not being able to get the chous out of my head for weeks! And I am very afraid it may now happen again.
Posted by: Gunnar Jonny

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 02:27 AM

... can't sell the Audya so I may have to keep it, Doh...

No problem Tony, send it to me, we have deep fjords here you know ... coffee

(Sorry, I just could not resist) wink

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gunnar Jonny

... can't sell the Audya so I may have to keep it, Doh...

No problem Tony, send it to me, we have deep fjords here you know ... coffee

(Sorry, I just could not resist) wink

Jonny,

Could not let you dump it in the fjords, it would contaminate the fjords and damage the marine life for 1000 years, the Audya has a half life of 25 yrs, just imagine divers in 1000 years laughing their sides sore, saying is this what they called a KB.... they would have an old expert who would say " I think it's Roman " why because is says "Made in Italy"....heeee bloody heeee 4200 groats it cost... duel

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 02:50 AM

Rico,

This must be the fastest moving post for a while and America is still asleep.

Tony
Posted by: 124

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 07:44 AM

Canada's awake, eh? Last thing I wanted to hear on a Sunday morning was Reginald Dixon.:-)

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 07:49 AM

Originally Posted By: 124
Canada's awake, eh? Last thing I wanted to hear on a Sunday morning was Reginald Dixon.:-)

He's been dead 35 years... woo... you have no sense of adventure, and you not even American. rotf2

Regards

Tony
Posted by: Tonewheeldude

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 08:15 AM

and you not even American. rotf2

Has Canada broken off and floated away then? wink

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 08:32 AM

Must have TWD... surprised

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 12:33 PM

Hi Ricco,
Begin the Bequine.
hint, hint, haahaa

Hi rikki,
i have write it down on a paper
but i cannot asure you that it wil work
but i wil look in to it because i dont know that song
Maby i know it wheb i hear it but i mean i never played it
so i wil let you know if it wil work out
regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:14 PM

Hi Jonny,
Thank you so much for that nice comment
Ill try my best to get everyone happy with new songs in the future
i must say i am indeed verry happy with the setup g70 tyros
its absolute a verry nice combi
Greetings Rico The Netherlands

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:18 PM

Tony,
Thank you verry much for youre support and all youre nice comments
Regards Rico grin

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:35 PM

Hi Rico,
please don't go to any trouble if you're not familiar with this particular song, happy to listen to one you do know.

Hi Ricco,
Begin the Bequine.
hint, hint, haahaa

Hi rikki,
i have write it down on a paper
but i cannot asure you that it wil work
but i wil look in to it because i dont know that song
Maby i know it wheb i hear it but i mean i never played it
so i wil let you know if it wil work out
regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 124

He's been dead 35 years... woo... you have no sense of adventure, and you not even American. rotf2

Regards

Tony

He's been dead 35 years? See, I must have been here longer than I thought. cool2

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude

and you not even American. rotf2

Has Canada broken off and floated away then? wink

Well, it was joined to Scotland at one time. Must be a joke there somewhere, eh Tony?

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 01:54 PM

Hi Rico,
when Tony, at the drop of a hat, challenged you to record this song
during our Skype video voice chat with him earlier today.
Your quickly produced performance shows what a gifted and musically expressive keyboard artist you are.

A question: assumung you played along with a midi backing track played
back on the G70's onboard sequencer, was this a "commerical" midi backing track
specifally created for the song "Hey",
or a backing track you yourself created on the G70/Tyros 4? Either way, it sounded great.

This impressive demo showcases the benefit of playing along to pre-recorded midi or audio backing tracks
vs auto accompaniment and/or solo keyboard playing alone.

Catch you back on Skype soon,

Scott smile

Hi Scott,
Thank you verry much for youre nice comment my friend
and for helping me out and for getting me on SZ
Because that was realy verry nice of you to do
so a whole new world opens up for me
Thank you again and speak to you soon
Regards Rico

PS I Did Not Used Midi Because The Midi Is not for sale, atleast not in quality i like the midi thats around on internet of this song is of no quality
so 1 things left when you wanna do it like this thats a Audio Backing Track
Second Problem is ya need an audio Backing track with no vocals because that would overdo it
so gladly i got meself a verry nice audio track and did it like you have heard
Audio backing Or Midi Track no dif if the quality is ok
Posted by: The Saint

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/26/12 11:02 PM

Hi Rico, I like your style and feel for music. Very good demo's.
Anyone have the dots for "Hey", I have tried Musicnotes but not there. Certainly a very nice piece of music?
Ray dance
Posted by: TheWolf

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/27/12 10:03 AM

ME GUSTA.

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/27/12 12:14 PM

"Hey"...here is the G70 recorded on the Tascam Dr07...

http://francarango.homestead.com/XFER.html

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/27/12 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: TheWolf

ME GUSTA.

Hi Heikki,
Great to see you back on Synthzone.
I really got a kick out of the recent vocal interpretation you did of that Dean Martin Classic:
Ain't That A Kick In The Head clap

Scott

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/27/12 08:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Fran,

It sounded a bit jerky when I played it back, were you plugged in direct to the KB.

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 03:56 AM

HI Ray,
Thank you verry much for that compliment
Regards Rico grin

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 06:39 AM

Ricooooooo,

Where did you get those eyes from. sofa

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 10:13 AM

Heheheh tony
from staring into the lights of that tyros 4 24/7
regards rico laugh
i found a site where you can do that stuff i just run into it because ya needed to upload a avatar
ill put the link here
http://avatar.pho.to/

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 10:16 AM

Hi Heikki,
scott introduced me with some of youre videos
verry nice i laught verry funny but also verry good because i love youre voice you have a great voice my friend
regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 12:07 PM

Fran ... link brought me to your web site, but not to the demo ???

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 02:02 PM

Sorry Tony...Tony Hughes insulted me..so I took it down frown

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 02:12 PM

TH..you have to sharpen up your ears,,,here is the original..and it has the "jerky feel" too smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KvmXToKsis

Back up on web..

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 02:37 PM

Maybe we can combine this post with the volume pedal post...

A perfect example of not using the expression properly.. smile

This was a sequence from 1992...The above Youtube is actually a fella singing to the seq... grin

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 04:15 PM

HI Fran,

this post ended with my song of Hey From Julio
in my reply to scott ive said that i couldnt find
a nice midi on the net because for that reason
i instead utilized a higher quality commercial audio backing track to play along with it.
now i didnt get a reply from you on it but you posted youre version of it i listend to it and i do like it because i make no dif what so ever if someone can play better or not, that's not the deal for me. I just like people how they do things with their feelings because to me that's most important.

Regards Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/28/12 10:22 PM

Sorry Tony...Tony Hughes insulted me..so I took it down frown

This is strange Fran, this is the first time on SZ you have ever typed my name and you are still not addressing me directly, this is not normally done in the UK and here classed as disrespectful. Fran if you think that everybody that listens to demos people put up on SZ should say they are brilliant, then you are wrong, most people don't get any comment from you at all, usually when they are brillant, but I must say you are not on your own with this, it is a trait on SZ. And neither did I say your demo was bad or insulted you, I just said it sounded jerky and possibly it was not recorded directly from the KB or maybe you were using the pedal and that caused it, some people do pump the pedal and don't know they are doing it, it was a mere observation. As Clint Eastwood says a man needs to know his limitation and I know mine, that's why right at this moment, I am not prepared to post my works just in case people say it's brilliant and they don't mean it. I am better just letting my Doris say it's crap she will tell me up front, regardless of what I think!

I am sorry you took it that way and now you have removed it, I will never know if it's my ears.

Tony

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 05:46 AM

Not a jerk in the house Fran on the proper version, smooth as silk. The difference between a Ballad and a Tango, sorry there is absolutely nothing wrong with my ears. I hope no else tries to put any more version of this up because there is only one man can perform it properly and he is below, singing it I mean!!! Lets get that right before the brick bats start flying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoumScLH0AI&feature=related

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 06:20 AM

Maybe we can combine this post with the volume pedal post...

A perfect example of not using the expression properly.. smile

This was a sequence from 1992...The above Youtube is actually a fella singing to the seq... grin

You UK guys are too sensitive......read the above quote..I am illustrating the misuse of expression pedal....NOT my work..also illustrated by a recording of another fella...

Now I am worried about your eyes too.... smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

PS: I didn't know it was a tango...sounds Brazilian to me...Brazilian tango...maybe..

Also, if I respond, it is usually because of a surprising, outstanding demo...

Repeat offerings by well known SZ members with a given talent, will not get my continued praise...I don't think they need to be patted on the back ...all the time...

Besides you have no idea what demos I do/did listen too...I actually pass over most... smile

Maybe this clarifies my position cool

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 07:08 AM

Fran,

My name does not appear in the post yet again, nothing wrong with my eyes.

If you are posting to me, post to me!!!

Sounds like a riddle!!

Tony

Tony
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 07:18 AM

Repeat offerings by well known SZ members with a given talent, will not get my continued praise...I don't think they need to be patted on the back ...all the time...

Besides you have no idea what demos I do/did listen too...I actually pass over most... smile

Maybe this clarifies my position cool

HI Fran,

now i didnt get a reply from you on it but you posted youre version of it i listend to it and i do like it because i make no dif what so ever if someone can play better or not, that's not the deal for me. I just like people how they do things with their feelings because to me that's most important.

Regards Rico

[Fran if you think that everybody that listens to demos people put up on SZ should say they are brilliant, then you are wrong, most people don't get any comment from you at all, usually when they are brillant, but I must say you are not on your own with this, it is a trait on SZ.
Tony

I don't know how sensitive Tony and Rico are, but they both are certainly perceptive enough to figure you out, Fran. rotf2

Ian

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 09:28 AM

My opinion (praise), and $3 will get you a Starbuck's coffee.. smile

Besides...if I had to respond to every person I heard ...performing....my two typing fingers would be tired.. grin

BTW: It is I that have you guys figured out...a long time ago.. wink

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 10:43 AM

What?! I just became a member only a few days ago! grin
btw: are you going to give me any feedback about my song Hey?

Rico

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 02/29/12 12:21 PM

What?! I just became a member only a few days ago! grin
btw: are you going to give me any feedback about my song Hey?

Rico

Hi Rico, you did a fine job with the melody line..especially the Tyros guitar sound...

BTW: that is a nice backing track...I have the same Music Maestro track...

Re: Tico Tico by Rico Rico on his Tyros 4 & G70 - 03/01/12 03:02 AM

Hi Fran,

Thanks for youre comment,
and indeed that was the best one to find mm
regards rico