SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#340489 - 02/21/12 08:20 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Stephen,
Korg actually did a survey of what customers wanted over on the Korg forums, 2 to 3 years ago.

Strangely enough, I ended up with my very short wish list.
A fill system similar to Yamaha ie 4 fills which could be set to automatic, with the option of 4 dedicated fill buttons if I wanted to to trigger my own fills.

The other was a bit more obscure, sets of XG mapped drum kits, to suit psr drum mapping . Got that too. That really made manually converting some of my psr styles across to my PA3x , so much easier.

Actually if you agree that the PA3x styles appear to sound better than the PA800 styles, may also have a bit to do with their new Guitar Mode 2 style record function.
They've greatly improved it with the option of having midi notes as well as guitar mode notes on the same track.
Used to be a case of, if a style part ie accomp 5 was set as a guitar mode track, only guitar mode notes could be used thruought the style on accomp 5. Now that one can have a mix of guitar mode & midi notes on the track, maybe it just sounds a bit more realistic ? I don't know, but for an amatuer like me, it makes recording a guitar style track so much easier..

The overall layout is so much better. Not having to go thru 2 or 3 button pushes to get to the correct style bank. Was a tad messy.

Anyway, good luck with deciding what to do.

I had a quick look at a T4 before I bought the PA3X.
As much as I luv the Yammie styles, I'd miss the style creation & editing functions on korg.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#340523 - 02/22/12 10:11 AM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: bruno123
Stephenm,

Dollars are important and having to redue your performance is a bit of work but the excitement; which we hate to admit to, outweighs most of it. And no, age does not slow the desire to own another new keyboard. It is like a Xmas thing smiles and all.

I like Korg; follow your heart and you won’t look back.
When you make the move and become comfortable with the keyboard I would love to hear some of your music.

John C.

John good thoughts, you've hit the nail on the head. If I do make the move I will send some tunes your way.

Rikki,

I knew you were the Korg expert in the house and you really show that you are. Thanks for your input.

#340660 - 02/23/12 12:30 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Stephen, I remember our talks about the G70 and the Yammy 3000 of a few years back. You have certainly continued to progress up the ladder here. You have even piqued MY interest. Once I bought the Micro and loved the sounds, I started thinking PA800; Donny got me thinking PA500, but now you have me thinking PA3x. This has been a very interesting thread to read.

#340681 - 02/23/12 04:36 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: cassp]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: cassp
Stephen, I remember our talks about the G70 and the Yammy 3000 of a few years back. You have certainly continued to progress up the ladder here. You have even piqued MY interest. Once I bought the Micro and loved the sounds, I started thinking PA800; Donny got me thinking PA500, but now you have me thinking PA3x. This has been a very interesting thread to read.

Cass, buddy nice to hear from you. Yea we did hash around the G70 and the 3000 a few years back. Both great keyboards in their own right!! Use caution if you play the Pa3x, you just may order one!

#340942 - 02/26/12 09:25 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
Mark79100 Offline

Stephen,

I want to thank you for posting this thread. I had been dragging my heels for months now regarding checking out the PA3xPRO at my dealer. Your post, and your excitement over the keyboard, prompted me to finally go and audition it.

You weren't kidding...that's some arranger. They've come a long way since I bought my last one. I spent 3 hours on it and found it surprisingly easy to navigate.

I got another few surprises. Playing this thing taps into your "creative juices" and brings out some skills I didn't even know I had. It brings out the best in you, 'cause suddenly you can play exactly what you hear in your head.....breaks....fills.......variations. I've been focusing on acoustic piano these last few years and didn't realize how limited you are with it until you play an advanced arranger like this one.

I seriously think now I'm going to buy one, spend some dedicated time on learning all the nuances of the unit, and then contact Korg to inquire about "demonstrating" this amazing keyboard.

Mark

#340951 - 02/27/12 04:05 AM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

Mark,

That's some testimonial to the Pa3x. Good luck!

#340952 - 02/27/12 04:13 AM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark wrote:
I got another few surprises. Playing this thing taps into your "creative juices" and brings out some skills I didn't even know I had. It brings out the best in you, 'cause suddenly you can play exactly what you hear in your head.....breaks....fills.......variations. I've been focusing on acoustic piano these last few years and didn't realize how limited you are with it until you play an advanced arranger like this one.

Mark, I must agree 100% the Korg keyboard is bringing out more of me: and that’s a nice feeling after playing for so many years.
John C.

#341406 - 03/04/12 11:04 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Stephen,
ok, you let the cat out of the bag, in another post
& rather than hijacking it any further.

How's the PA3X going?

Congratulations by the way, you've got one great setup going with T4 & PA3x

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Careful Deane,
you may end up catching the "I wanna PA3X", bug. It's spreading. haahaa

Originally Posted By: DonM

Come on over Deane. I would welcome your opinion on the sound.
DonM

Deane, careful is RIGHT!!

I went to demo one at Frankieve's store. This week I purchased one and have been playing it for the last 3 days! It's a much improved machine over the Pa2x JMO. I didn't have enough time to tweak it for this afternoon's gig so my other favorite the T4 comes with me.

Looks sweet sitting atop the Tyros4 too cool

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#341413 - 03/05/12 04:11 AM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: rikkisbears]
Stephenm52 Offline

Hi Stephen,
ok, you let the cat out of the bag, in another post
& rather than hijacking it any further.

How's the PA3X going?

Congratulations by the way, you've got one great setup going with T4 & PA3x

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Careful Deane,
you may end up catching the "I wanna PA3X", bug. It's spreading. haahaa

Originally Posted By: DonM

Come on over Deane. I would welcome your opinion on the sound.
DonM

Deane, careful is RIGHT!!

I went to demo one at Frankieve's store. This week I purchased one and have been playing it for the last 3 days! It's a much improved machine over the Pa2x JMO. I didn't have enough time to tweak it for this afternoon's gig so my other favorite the T4 comes with me.

Looks sweet sitting atop the Tyros4 too cool

Rikki, The first couple of hours with it I started questioning my choice. Maybe it had to do with the day before we had a major e-mail server meltdown at the firm I work for and we worked 16 hours thru mid-night the day before to get things back running. That was the night before I took delivery.

My impressions changed in a hurry after a few more hours with it and I'm very happy with the Pa3x, more will follow after I've had it a couple of weeks. A couple of major physical characteristics, great keybed and layout of all controls make it easy to work with. As I say once I get more cockpit time with it, I'll post more

Ditto to Mark and John's remarks it does tap into your "creative juices".

#341447 - 03/05/12 01:56 PM Re: Taken by Surprise Today At Audioworks [Re: Stephenm52]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Stephen,
I'm sure we'll be looking forward to your thoughts in a couple of weeks time.
Getback to your keyboard & have fun.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online