SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#339591 - 02/13/12 07:29 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
124 Offline

Thanks, Col, glad you enjoyed it. I love all that mid-60's Stax stuff. Never mind all the 10-year-old technology talk on here, 10-year-old tech. on 45-year-old music works for me.

#339607 - 02/13/12 08:42 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: 124]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: 124
I spent 9 years with an i30 and an ih harmoniser - not too shabby a set-up. And since Col wished more members would post summat, I have Mustang Sally done with the i30/ih combination.

Hi 124,
I really enjoyed your fine rendition of Mustang Sally. clap
I assume the female back up vocals were produced with the Korg ih VH?
Was this added later on a separate track, and with 'your' voice triggering the female harmonies?
I really like the warm iH sound. Very realistically convincing.
I also notice that 'everything' expect for the backup harmonies, is in 'mono'. Was that intentional?
I would have liked to have heard your Korg i30 in stereo too. - Scott smile

#339620 - 02/13/12 09:58 AM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Saswick]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Here it is years later and I notice change. I guess a few of the folks get tired of the same sounds etc.

I remember getting laughed at because after trying all of the recommended Mics, I chose the Shure 58. All of the other Mics for me made the awful "Popping" noise with a word starting with the letter"P" came up in a song. Then a while back I noticed one of the guys here was enjoying his return to the "Shure 58" after a long absence.

I still think that the ih harmony box sounds great with my dinosaur i30. The ih was made by VL Technologies especially for the i30 I was told by a person that recommended this rig to me. It's still a great set up. I have one for gigging and another in the office set up to learn new tunes etc.

If you can remember back some years (which is hard for me to do) it seems some things go in circles. I guess "history does repeat itself. LOL!

#339662 - 02/13/12 04:08 PM Re: Korg and Korg Equipment [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Originally Posted By: 124
I spent 9 years with an i30 and an ih harmoniser - not too shabby a set-up. And since Col wished more members would post summat, I have Mustang Sally done with the i30/ih combination.

Hi 124,
I really enjoyed your fine rendition of Mustang Sally. clap
I assume the female back up vocals were produced with the Korg ih VH?
Was this added later on a separate track, and with 'your' voice triggering the female harmonies?
I really like the warm iH sound. Very realistically convincing.
I also notice that 'everything' expect for the backup harmonies, is in 'mono'. Was that intentional?
I would have liked to have heard your Korg i30 in stereo too. - Scott smile

Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for your kind comments. The female backing vocals are the real thing, i.e., the missus, through the ih.

The recording was done in Adobe Audition with the i30 on track 1 straight out of the summed left/mono output jack. Since the i30 was recorded that way I guess, in retrospect, it could have been done stereo.

The vocals were done with the lead on track 2, and the harmony on track 3. I just added some plate reverb and a bit of compression to both afterwards.

Thanks again.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online