SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#339496 - 02/12/12 11:17 AM Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?)
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Fran, I am curious if you still use either of these? The Edirol mixer, I can't recall exact model, M10DX? I have used it a lot but have never used the automatic room analysis routine. That intrigues me. Do you use that feature? Elaborate if you do, please.

The Roland BA330, mine quit and the repairman said the power supply was bad, said it still works with batteries. My reverb was also not working but he said it is now. Hmmm... can't imagine how since he didn't do anything to fix it. But, it works now. On batteries, anyway. Curious if you ever use the BA330 as well and have any comments. (Or anyone else?) Do you feel you have enough power for a gig? I haven't used mine much but I just tried mine again on batteries and I wonder if something is wrong with it, it is not very loud at all!

You and DonM cost me alot of money, Fran. Y'all quit buying stuff! Next up, I'll buy a KMA or heaven forbid, a PA3X if I'm not careful. Right now, pecking away on a Yamaha NP-30.

#339502 - 02/12/12 12:46 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill I have and use both...The mixer is the best mixer I have owned, features and quality...and i have own a bunch, including Mackie , Toa, Boss, Peavey, Behringer , and Alesis..

My BA330 has worked flawlessly..and I have it on hand for every thing...In the studio for a quick mixer/ monitor, on stage , either as a primary sound or a stage monitor and it's mixer and effects...

The BA330 is the absolute "swiss knife) mixer/amp...

Bill why not just replace the power supply, maybe it is only the connection into the supply unit..

The Edirol mixer is worth it's price just for the room control feature...but the other goodies , insert effects, and master effects, are top shelf...

I was offered a large profit for my Edirol , and I refused, they are hard to find now...

The BA330 was never on my to sell list...I would buy it again if someone stole it...same with the Edirol...

The room control..I set it up for all my sound system/venues that I work...There are 12 memory locations...

I analyze the room and it maintains the quality, sound...

My favorite sound system has been my Roland Cube 100, for the last 27 years...This feature of the Edirol degrees the Roland amps to perfection...I will match this combo to anything you want to compare....I never , ever need a sub woofer and all three way sound sources work great ..nothing is missing like the Bose for example..

The Edirol mixer was the best update for my antiques...and the added gain makes the Cube 100's as punchy as anything on the market...besides I have 4 of these if I ever need it... smile

Let me follow up about the BA330,, I have since sold the Podium 802's (pair) and the Yorkville 300k, because the BA330 does their job and more ..The BA330 mixer /amp gives me the effects missing on the Yorkville, and mixing and effects missing on the 802's...I have the full range covered between the BA330 and Roland Cube 100's...I lack nothing.. grin

Edited by Fran Carango (02/12/12 12:59 PM)

#339504 - 02/12/12 01:14 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
So, Fran, you must have plenty of volume out of your BA330. Mine never has been very loud. I don't expect it to shatter windows but it just seems under-powered. I assume that whether I am using AC or DC, it should be same output. Correct me if wrong, you know I ask a lot of dumb questions. smile

Yes, the Edirol mixer is a good one, I need to experiment with the room analysis feature.

#339505 - 02/12/12 01:42 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: SemiLiveMusic
So, Fran, you must have plenty of volume out of your BA330. Mine never has been very loud. I don't expect it to shatter windows but it just seems under-powered. I assume that whether I am using AC or DC, it should be same output. Correct me if wrong, you know I ask a lot of dumb questions. smile

Yes, the Edirol mixer is a good one, I need to experiment with the room analysis feature.

I think battery use with the BA330 loses some volume....BTW, if you want to push the BA330 more..use the Edirol mixer with it.. I have pushed it another 50 percent with a mixer ..and had good results..

#339512 - 02/12/12 03:48 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've used the mixer for several years now. It is small, lightweight and loaded with features. I prefer the "old" knobs and sliders rather than the layers of screens, but no big deal. However I haven't had any success the couple of times I tried the room analyzer, but then I don't feel my Bose Compacts need much, if any, e.q. to sound great. I probably didn't do the analyzer right, but it made the sound nasal and too bright in the upper mids.
I don't know what Fran does to his, but nothing is missing frequency-wise on mine. I'll bet I've "sold" a dozen sets for Bose from people hearing them and thinking they have to have 'em!
DonM

#339518 - 02/12/12 04:22 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
I'll bet I've "sold" a dozen sets for Bose from people hearing them and thinking they have to have 'em!
DonM

Ditto! I get at least one call a week about the L1 and L1 Compact, and with once exception, every person that has purchased them within the past year said they would never go back to a conventional sound system. And, that includes a couple DJs and KJs.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#339535 - 02/12/12 06:04 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Come on guys....I had a friend go into detail what he found after using the Edirol room control on his Bose...If you never tried the procedure, how in the world would you know...what I am talking about.....Folks chose to ignore this report over a year ago...I never said my friend was not a Bose fanatic...he is...But he won't play thru a Bose without the Edirol...

When we say ..night and day...that it is...

Don, placement of the Edirol for scanning is critical...follow to the letter...the instructions...

I always felt that Bose purposely leaves out freq spaces to get the deired sound.."they" want...

Edited by Fran Carango (02/12/12 06:07 PM)

#339536 - 02/12/12 06:10 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

I have also used the Edirol room control with my other sound systems too, all with great results...they include the Podium 802's and the Podium 1204's..

#339538 - 02/12/12 06:23 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
Fran Carango Offline

#339541 - 02/12/12 06:47 PM Re: Edirol mixer / Roland BA330 (Fran?) [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh, I did try it Fran. As I said, I must have done something wrong because it sounded horrible.
When I get time I will try again, JUST in case it could make the Bose system sound even more incredible.
Thanks,
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online